Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    that is 'a ton' compared to ZERO

This is what an nfl stadium looks like with about 35-40K(claimed 45+ but I don’t buy it) when it’s built for 70:

The number in the Super Bowl that year was barely half that in a stadium the same size. It was virtually empty. They just played crowd noise to cover it up and used tight shots and cardboard cutouts for tv.

That was sports for a year.

And the exact same people who have won the most in this era won anyway.

Yeezy
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

kblaze - " the 7500 health care workers stayed in the back on call just incase anyone collapse from covid...they totally weren't there to watch and cheer"

Yeezy

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    This is what an nfl stadium looks like with about 35-40K(claimed 45+ but I don’t buy it) when it’s built for 70:

The number in the Super Bowl that year was barely half that in a stadium the same size. It was virtually empty. They just played crowd noise to cover it up and used tight shots and cardboard cutouts for tv.

22,000 fans is more than most nba games. disqualify all nba titles

travel? what travel... lmao

weather? what weather

no 5 month break? aww shucks

everyone not on drugs banging espn hosts and actually doing through a real nfl season?

dang...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post

"invited as guests" ... nice try though. I'm sure they all hated football

you are really losing some serious credibility right now. better to just take the L and move on

so you googled to post the same information I just gave you. OK.

The worst attended nfl team?

The lions.

Average 51 thousand. This was less than half of that.

For the Super Bowl.

Try to make it out as normal as you like.

It wasnt. Neither were the nba or mlb bubbles. Or the empty Olympics.

And every one of them will count for the rest of your life.

Yeezy

I heard this was the parking lot outside the superbowl

times this by 7500.. they were all on duty and totally not there to watch the game

-no home court advantage
    -no fans or family around for support
    -have to live in a literal concentration camp
    -all teams well rested/healthy
    -in the middle of a BRUTAL pandemic

The bubbble in reality was more like a thunderdome. There should be a double asterisks on that title to signify that it was worth two rings. So ultimately Lebron has 5 rings, matching kobe, and the lakers have 18 titles surpassing celtics for greatest franchise of all time.

Yeezy

so you googled to post the same information I just gave you. OK.

The worst attended nfl team?

The lions.

Average 51 thousand. This was less than half of that.

For the Super Bowl.

Try to make it out as normal as you like.

It wasnt. Neither were the nba or mlb bubbles. Or the empty Olympics.

And every one of them will count for the rest of your life.

if the bubble had like 7000 fans instead of 0 I might have let it slide

that's also if they still traveled

still had road games.

still had everyone participate

still had everyone obeying drug policies

still had a consistent schedule and not a 5 month break

you're literally comparing 2 things that are nothing alike

Banned

and what did the nba games look like?

Yeezy

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    -no home court advantage
    -no fans or family around for support
    -have to live in a literal concentration camp
    -all teams well rested/healthy
    -in the middle of a BRUTAL pandemic

The bubbble in reality was more like a thunderdome. There should be a double asterisks on that title to signify that it was worth two rings. So ultimately Lebron has 5 rings, matching kobe, and the lakers have 18 titles surpassing celtics for greatest franchise of all time.
    a Disney hotel is a concentration camp now

nba players literally live out of a hotel most of the year. it's not even that much different.

wwe wrestlers do it 300 days a year and they have privileged lives as well

wnba players do it yearly over seas.

get a ****ing clue lmao

22,000 fans is more than most nba games. disqualify all nba titles

travel? what travel... lmao

weather? what weather

no 5 month break? aww shucks

everyone not on drugs banging espn hosts and actually doing through a real nfl season?

dang...

disqualify all titles? You’re the one trying to disqualify them in the first place. I’m just giving you the facts that nothing in the entire history of sports has ever taken credit from a team that won its title.

not long-term. Like 10 people got banned for life for throwing a World Series and the team that beat them still has the banner hanging and still gets to count it.

In the end…you make noise that gets drowned out by the deafening indifference of the real world.

Keep making it. You’re gonna see the ring counted every time such things are listed forever. Go on and get your sulk face ready for 60 years of nobody caring what you think counts or not. I just want elite to come in here so I can remind him I told him the same shit 20 years ago when he was posting Phil and Shaq hating on Duncan.

Still 5 rings in every graphic. You’re free to not like it. The world is free to not care.

Yeezy

disqualify all titles? You’re the one trying to disqualify them in the first place. I’m just giving you the facts that nothing in the entire history of sports has ever taken credit from a team that won its title.

not long-term. Like 10 people got banned for life for throwing a World Series and the team that beat them still has the banner hanging and still gets to count it.

In the end…you make noise that gets drowned out by the deafening indifference of the real world.

Keep making it. You’re gonna see the ring counted every time such things are listed forever. Go on and get your sulk face ready for 60 years of nobody caring what you think counts or not. I just want elite to come in here so I can remind him I told him the same shit 20 years ago when he was posting Phil and Shaq hating on Duncan.

Still 5 rings in every graphic. You’re free to not like it. The world is free to not care.
    would you agree that guys can shrink in front of an audience. is it any wonder guys like anthony davis who are known to shrink ended up playing like prime shaq?

guys like Jamaal murray and Donovan Mitchell looked like peak kobe and tmac.. or Tyler herro was basically prime Reggie Miller

there's a big difference between 60k and 20k.. but 20k to 0...that's basically a practice session. it's not the same. guys in practice have been known to shoot lights out. Dwight howard in practice shot 85% fts.. some guys aren't built for the bright lights.. when you take away the fans and give 2 fragile guys 5 months to heal you're changing the outcome

the zero fan policy to many fans voided that ring

period. you can disagree with it but it's a valid point

would you agree that guys can shrink in front of an audience. is it any wonder guys like anthony davis who are known to shrink ended up playing like prime shaq?

guys like Jamaal murray and Donovan Mitchell looked like peak kobe and tmac.. or Tyler herro was basically prime Reggie Miller

there's a big difference between 60k and 20k.. but 20k to 0...that's basically a practice session. it's not the same. guys in practice have been known to shoot lights out. Dwight howard in practice shot 85% fts.. some guys aren't built for the bright lights.. when you take away the fans and give 2 fragile guys 5 months to heal you're changing the outcome

the zero fan policy to many fans voided that ring

period. you can disagree with it but it's a valid point
    Again, how do you explain Giannis, Kawhi & PG if it was so easy?

500 major leaguers and over 2000 minor leaguers got drafted or chose to serve in ww2. So many random people got given a chance to replace them they actually had a one armed player in the majors:

And guess what?

The Yankees and all of baseball count the 3 World Series wins vs literal handicapped people, 40 year old rookie shoe salesmen who were minor league umpires, and taxi drivers who hung around the field.

I suspect the Lakers aren’t losing sleep that society will steal theirs. It absolutely will not matter to anyone of consequence and I’ll let you wait to find out I’m right.

I…am going to make dinner.

Yeezy

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Again, how do you explain Giannis, Kawhi & PG if it was so easy?
    the clippers didn't wanna be there. hell kawhi barely wants to play in a regular league with fans.

giannis has been figured out by teams like the Raptors and heat. build a wall.

lebrons main competition chose to sit out. and stars aren't gonna automatically play better because there's no fans. what makes them stars is their ability to perform under pressure. when you take away the pressure you even the playing field. it's not like kawhi was gonna start averaging 50

but anthony davis who's known for choking was all of a sudden the most dominant player since wilt/shaq and was peak bill Russell/Hakeem on defense

that made no sense and was 100% attributed to the bubble
    Last edited by Yeezy; 12-15-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Yeezy

500 major leaguers and over 2000 minor leaguers got drafted or chose to serve in ww2. So many random people got given a chance to replace them they actually had a one armed player in the majors:

And guess what?

The Yankees and all of baseball count the 3 World Series wins vs literal handicapped people, 40 year old rookie shoe salesmen who were minor league umpires, and taxi drivers who hung around the field.

I suspect the Lakers aren’t losing sleep that society will steal theirs. It absolutely will not matter to anyone of consequence and I’ll let you wait to find out I’m right.

I…am going to make dinner.
    you lost. deal with it. your comparisons to 1920s baseball doesn't work. and a ton of people already do mock the deadball era and even Russell's rings.. if they had full value he would be run away goat

there's levels to this

context matters

your black and white cyborg computer mentality is very rare indeed. most people have actual opinions on things that vary based on the information. nothing is absolute. we do still have to watch the games to gather an opinion