Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

What's funny is if any other team won the championship, not a peep would be made about them winning a ring in the bubble. Only LeBron pulls that sort of negative weight.

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Are you under the impression ISH is the world?

Im sure the people who post on mlb forums know and care a lot that Ted Williams lost so many years to military service he could be the home run king but general sports fans…even normal casual baseball fans? Don’t give a Cajun butter injected deep fried ****.

Fans have a general idea who was good…a rough idea how many times whoever did what. Absolutely nobody but the 1% of super fans know or care about the details.

General sports fans doesn’t even know how many rings anyone but Jordan even has much less the odd specifics of each season.

All of the asterisk talk in every single sport is ignored. You think nfl super fans don’t talk about their covid season? Or college football fans don’t discredit a 7 game conference champion?

Of course they do. You don’t hear it because it doesn’t matter to the wider world.

These places only exist in our heads. In time all the dumb quotes be they by such well known legends as Shaq or guys like Evan Turner are disregarded and only the ring counts remain. And there are no asterisks next to them.

I was literally telling people nobody would care how the 99 ring was won on here in like 2002 and now we have people acting like the massive criticism around that season didn’t even happen. Because to them…it didn’t.

I was right then. I’ll be right again. None of this shit matters.
    People like Kenny cling to ISH because everywhere else on the internet LeBron is consistently seen as a top 2-3 player of all time. That doesn’t mean LeBron is btw (although I personally think he is), but it’s definitely the consensus at this point. Kenny has to come here to pretend it’s not.

Calling Jimmy Butler a loser is positively deranged. No one who’s ever watched him play could possibly think that.

You know aside from the health care workers only 14 thousand people attended the superbowl the covid year? They put 30,000 cardboard cutouts in the stands, piped in crowd noise for the broadcast, and had the “bubble” keeping the teams away from outsiders.

All that shit there…all the shit in the nba. Same people won that had been winning that era in both. Brady won the superbowl and Lebron won the nba title.

None of these weird seasons seems to result in outlier winners. It’s never like…the Pacers or the Browns win the title. In baseball they had all the games in one place in Texas played like 35% of a season and who won the World Series? The Dodgers and their giant payroll. Last couple nba lockout years people who led 5(Duncan) and 4(Lebron) title teams won. Last nfl short season from the strike? Redskins won. Sounds odd today but they won 3 rings that era.

Always the same people winning who tend to win.

Way a few haters act like they’re such outliers you’d think weird winners would be the result.

Same people win who you’d expect.
    That really is a damning argument against them Let's not forget about hockey, that the Lightning won the bubble championship, then went on to repeat the following year, and made a 3rd straight Finals this past season. The only true outlier from covid was Nadal winning the French Open.

Yeezy
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    What's funny is if any other team won the championship, not a peep would be made about them winning a ring in the bubble. Only LeBron pulls that sort of negative weight.
    yeah sure.. not a peep like for durants 2 rings

not a peep like for kawhis ring vs a depleted warriors team

not a peep when curry won without finals mvp

not a peep after kobes 3 with Shaq

not a peep after game 7 vs Boston

not a peep

no peeps in sight

Banned

And Luka

and another loser..

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Go read the finals topic. When Lebron was potentially gonna lose it absolutely counted.

LeBron's about to lose to Butler and scrubs hahaha. This will be the worst loss in finals history for a top 10 GOAT like LeBron.
    Ish Lebron hater while Jimmy was running wild.

Banned

not a peep? LMFAO!!!!

everyone single one of you bran tards would be on here going on about how the bubble ring means nothing, if anyone else had won.
    Last edited by nineiron; 12-15-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Yeezy

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    That really is a damning argument against them Let's not forget about hockey, that the Lightning won the bubble championship, then went on to repeat the following year, and made a 3rd straight Finals this past season. The only true outlier from covid was Nadal winning the French Open.
    I saw the superbowl and tons of fans were there. how can you take away a title from a guy when he had more fans show up than any nba game at full capacity

that comparison is flawed.

as for the hockey one. sure throw that one out if no fans were there as well. nobody mentions it possibly because it's hockey and nobody watches that shit anyway

Banned

So your argument is, the "losers" only took it seriously, while the "winners" didn't even try? That Giannis after winning MVP & DPOY didn't want to win his first title? Or that Kawhi didn't want to establish himself as the best in the league and a future ATG with b2b titles?
    they tried. they tried about as much as they could in an empty arena where you could hear a pin hit floor.

meanwhile Lebron and AD were probably working harder than ever knowing that this was their opportunity to cash in.

Banned

that's right, the Lightening went and won again to prove themselves. what did Lebron do after winning the bubble ring?

Yeezy

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    and another loser..
    yeah I guarantee if kyrie and Durant didn't already have rings they would have been excited about that bubble too and not skipped it to play nba 2k20 all day

kblaze loses this round

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I saw the superbowl and tons of fans were there. how can you take away a title from a guy when he had more fans show up than any nba game at full capacity.

It was 14 thousand fans plus 7500 health care workers and staff.

You might be one of those people they were able to fool with the cardboard cutouts and crowd noise being broadcast to cover the eerie silences.

Banned

You might be one of those people they were able to fool with the cardboard cutouts and crowd noise being broadcast to cover the eerie silences.
    that is 'a ton' compared to ZERO

Yeezy

"invited as guests" ... nice try though. I'm sure they all hated football

you are really losing some serious credibility right now. better to just take the L and move on