Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post
    that's what's most damaging about lebrons bubble ring. 1999 while worth less is still at least worth something because everyone tried to win it.

durant and kyrie were both cleared to play and both skipped the bubble

so their biggest competition out east didn't even show up. they faced the 5th seed heat instead led by Jimmy butler
    I don't know why KD/Kyrie get the automatic biggest competition label when they've won 1 playoff series together in 2 years, that one playoff series being WITH Harden on the team btw

I've brought this up before, but if the bubble was such a joke, why did the Bucks & Clippers both bomb in such spectacular fashion in the 2nd round, with Giannis & Kawhi both underperforming for their standards.

Banned

Default Re: what other title in league history is openly mocked by other players

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I don't know why KD/Kyrie get the automatic biggest competition label when they've won 1 playoff series together in 2 years, that one playoff series being WITH Harden on the team btw

I've brought this up before, but if the bubble was such a joke, why did the Bucks & Clippers both bomb in such spectacular fashion in the 2nd round, with Giannis & Kawhi both underperforming for their standards.
    because they didn't want to be there. no fans, no crowd cheering or booing. where's the motivation?

only losers like LeBald and AD took it seriously. everyone else treated it like 'practice'

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

are you even a part of ISH
    Are you under the impression ISH is the world?

Im sure the people who post on mlb forums know and care a lot that Ted Williams lost so many years to military service he could be the home run king but general sports fans…even normal casual baseball fans? Don’t give a Cajun butter injected deep fried ****.

Fans have a general idea who was good…a rough idea how many times whoever did what. Absolutely nobody but the 1% of super fans know or care about the details.

General sports fans doesn’t even know how many rings anyone but Jordan even has much less the odd specifics of each season.

All of the asterisk talk in every single sport is ignored. You think nfl super fans don’t talk about their covid season? Or college football fans don’t discredit a 7 game conference champion?

Of course they do. You don’t hear it because it doesn’t matter to the wider world.

These places only exist in our heads. In time all the dumb quotes be they by such well known legends as Shaq or guys like Evan Turner are disregarded and only the ring counts remain. And there are no asterisks next to them.

I was literally telling people nobody would care how the 99 ring was won on here in like 2002 and now we have people acting like the massive criticism around that season didn’t even happen. Because to them…it didn’t.

I was right then. I’ll be right again. None of this shit matters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Are you under the impression ISH is the world?

Im sure the people who post on mlb forums know and care a lot that Ted Williams lost so many years to military service he could be the home run king but general sports fans…even normal casual baseball fans? Don’t give a Cajun butter injected deep fried ****.

Fans have a general idea who was good…a rough idea how many times whoever did what. Absolutely nobody but the 1% of super fans know or care about the details.

General sports fans doesn’t even know how many rings anyone but Jordan even has much less the odd specifics of each season.

All of the asterisk talk in every single sport is ignored. You think nfl super fans don’t talk about their covid season? Or college football fans don’t discredit a 7 game conference champion?

Of course they do. You don’t hear it because it doesn’t matter to the wider world.

These places only exist in our heads. In time all the dumb quotes be they by such well known legends as Shaq or guys like Evan Turner are disregarded and only the ring counts remain. And there are no asterisks next to them.

I was literally telling people nobody would care how the 99 ring was won on here in like 2002 and now we have people acting like the massive criticism around that season didn’t even happen. Because to them…it didn’t.

I was right then. I’ll be right again. None of this shit matters.
    buddy, the average non basketball fan doesn't know how many rings ANYONE has. they're not basketball fans, why would they know?

so we're only talking about basketball fans. and basketball fans damn well know that bubble mickey mouse ring was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    because they didn't want to be there. no fans, no crowd cheering or booing. where's the motivation?

only losers like LeBald and AD took it seriously. everyone else treated it like 'practice'

Mmmmhmmmm…..

Banned

Mmmmhmmmm…..

yes, another loser that cared. i said "losers like Lebron and AD". Butler fits that bill.

NBA Superstar

yes, another loser that cared. i said "losers like Lebron and AD". Butler fits that bill.
    So it makes you a winner to not care about losing?

buddy, the average non basketball fan doesn't know how many rings ANYONE has. they're not basketball fans, why would they know?

so we're only talking about basketball fans. and basketball fans damn well know that bubble mickey mouse ring was BS.

Sure they do….

You should have been here in 03 when Laker fans like Elite were acting like Tim Duncan won his first ring.

You think your opinion will live on through the ages. It won’t.

And Luka

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    So it makes you a winner to not care about losing?

Isn’t that wild?

How does Jimmy Butler…ultimate competitor…get lumped in with Lebron as a loser?

You’d figure hed be held up as an anti Lebron. Especially considering how much they were praising him while thinking Lebron might lose those finals…you know…when the outcome mattered.

So your argument is, the "losers" only took it seriously, while the "winners" didn't even try? That Giannis after winning MVP & DPOY didn't want to win his first title? Or that Kawhi didn't want to establish himself as the best in the league and a future ATG with b2b titles?

Yeezy
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

the clippers and nets checked out. the Nets quite literally. Jimmy wanting a bubble title is because Jimmy has nothing in his trophy case

the players didn't care. that's why they all admittedly did drugs before and after games with no testing. they admitted to it. the city of Los Angeles didn't even wanna pay for a parade lol

Yeezy
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

And Luka

luka = another guy with no trophies. guys who actually won anything before didn't care. the Lakers were all in for Kobe. that's why they won. that and a bit of luck from AD and a 5 month break. regardless it's a practice court Disney bubble gum ring and other players mock it. it is what it is.. an afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    So your argument is, the "losers" only took it seriously, while the "winners" didn't even try? That Giannis after winning MVP & DPOY didn't want to win his first title? Or that Kawhi didn't want to establish himself as the best in the league and a future ATG with b2b titles?

You know aside from the health care workers only 14 thousand people attended the superbowl the covid year? They put 30,000 cardboard cutouts in the stands, piped in crowd noise for the broadcast, and had the “bubble” keeping the teams away from outsiders.

All that shit there…all the shit in the nba. Same people won that had been winning that era in both. Brady won the superbowl and Lebron won the nba title.

None of these weird seasons seems to result in outlier winners. It’s never like…the Pacers or the Browns win the title. In baseball they had all the games in one place in Texas played like 35% of a season and who won the World Series? The Dodgers and their giant payroll. Last couple nba lockout years people who led 5(Duncan) and 4(Lebron) title teams won. Last nfl short season from the strike? Redskins won. Sounds odd today but they won 3 rings that era.

Always the same people winning who tend to win.

Way a few haters act like they’re such outliers you’d think weird winners would be the result.

Same people win who you’d expect.

the clippers and nets checked out. the Nets quite literally. Jimmy wanting a bubble title is because Jimmy has nothing in his trophy case

the players didn't care. that's why they all admittedly did drugs before and after games with no testing. they admitted to it. the city of Los Angeles didn't even wanna pay for a parade lol
    Yeah, KD for sure didn't want to win a championship without Golden State I guess Giannis didn't want a title either. Or Jokic, Tatum, Harden, or any other ringless star you can think of.