Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Gary Payton: "LeBron James is by far a better all round than Jordan"

Gary Payton played in the nba. His opinion is valid

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Gary Payton: "LeBron James is by far a better all round than Jordan"

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Versatility does not equal better. I don't think there's even a case for Lebron peak-for-peak.
    The thread is about LeBron being better "all-around". LeBron being able to guard more positions qualifies as that.

Banned

i pity anyone who thinks 6'4 198 lb lil mikey was a better defender than mia lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The thread is about LeBron being better "all-around". LeBron being able to guard more positions qualifies as that.
    Jordan had 9 all defense first team selection, tied for the most ever. He was also a DPOY. Lebron has 5 all defense first teams and was never DPOY. When Jordan is better on both offense and defense, you can't really make a case that Lebron is better "all around." Saying he could "guard 1-4" doesn't change that. I'll concede that he's a better rebounder, but I'm not convinced he's that much better of a passer if at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    i pity anyone who thinks 6'4 198 lb lil mikey was a better defender than mia lebron.
    ^And there's proof that Jabronie32 knows nothing about basketball.

Decent college freshman

Guys listen up. Full Court is more knowledgeable about basketball than Gary Payton

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Guys listen up. Full Court is more knowledgeable about basketball than Gary Payton
    Obviously I'm less biased than Gary Payton. He's talking about the guy who kept him from getting a ring, so I'm suuuuuuuuuuuure he's completely objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Jordan had 9 all defense first team selection, tied for the most ever. He was also a DPOY. Lebron has 5 all defense first teams and was never DPOY. When Jordan is better on both offense and defense, you can't really make a case that Lebron is better "all around." Saying he could "guard 1-4" doesn't change that. I'll concede that he's a better rebounder, but I'm not convinced he's that much better of a passer if at all.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    The all time scoring record is Kareem's most important achievement.

We don't talk about his 6 rings or 6 mvps.

Once Bron takes that trophy, nothing Jordan has ever done can be measured against that achievement.

Jordan fans are very concerned about this.
    KAJ was never seen as consensus GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    DPOY? Is that when LBJ won that award because I could have sworn I missed that...

Any guard winning DPOY is a joke. Look at Marcus Smart, once more NBA fans got to see him play during the postseason it was clear he wasn't even the best player on his team.

Bronie logic...

Guys, listen up, we'll take into consideration Payton's opinion over someone like Ray Allen that like Payton, played in MJ and LeBron's era BUT Ray actually played alongside LeBron, you can't get a better perspective than that...but he believes MJ is the GOAT and there's nothing LeBron at this point can do to change his mind so let's disregard his opinion because it doesn't fit our narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Any guard winning DPOY is a joke. Look at Marcus Smart, once more NBA fans got to see him play during the postseason it was clear he wasn't even the best player on his team.
    So Gary Payton winning it was a joke as well? So his opinion is a joke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller789 View Post
    So Gary Payton winning it was a joke as well? So his opinion is a joke as well.
    What does him winning DPOY have to do with his own opinion? I don't understand this logic.

Low IQ Bron haters at it again.