Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Gary Payton: "LeBron James is by far a better all round than Jordan"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yar...16751_37939301

“LeBron James is by far a better all-around basketball player than Michael Jordan”

Is this fact not obvious to everyone in the NBA universe yet?

Why does it need to be said so many times? It is like saying Curry is the greatest 3 point shooter.

Default Re: Gary Payton: "LeBron James is by far a better all round than Jordan"

Scottie Pippen said as much 11 years ago. The man knew the truth and spoke it and got flack for it.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Gary Payton: "LeBron James is by far a better all round than Jordan"

Incoming full court meltdown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post

I've got these guys so triggered that they dread me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Like I said, once Bron gets Kareem's record and retires and becomes an old head himself, all the old heads will crown LeBron as the GOAT.

They can't do it yet because they are emotionally attached to the past.

Once Bran overrides that, it will be infinitely easier emotionally for them to accept the obvious.

Some old heads have already spoken it.

Banned

Bronie logic:

Lebron passed up Jordan in scoring....but Jordan's still ranked ahead of him. But when he passes up KAREEM, he'll magically be passed Jordan then. He he he he.

Let me know how that works out for you guys.

The all time scoring record is Kareem's most important achievement.

We don't talk about his 6 rings or 6 mvps.

Once Bron takes that trophy, nothing Jordan has ever done can be measured against that achievement.

Jordan fans are very concerned about this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    The all time scoring record is Kareem's most important achievement.

We don't talk about his 6 rings or 6 mvps.

Once Bron takes that trophy, nothing Jordan has ever done can be measured against that achievement.

Jordan fans are very concerned about this.
    If, as you assert, the all time scoring record is Kareem's most important achievement, and yet virtually nobody has him ranked #1....then why would you think that breaking it would put Bronie at #1? Hmmmmmmm?

Man, you're getting ragdolled all over the place once again.

Bron is already at #1 since 2020.

The all time scoring record is merely an olympic torch for the dinosaurs / neanderthals to see the light.

More context from Gary Payton:

I think LeBron is an all-around basketball player. If you ask me who is a better all-around basketball player, LeBron James, by far, he does everything. He passes the ball better than Jordan, he can dribble little bit better than Jordan, shooting wise I don't think so, rebounding I think he did, but so did Jordan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

This is common sense. LeBron is a better passer, rebounder and has the ability to play and defend multiple positions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Bron is already at #1 since 2020.

The all time scoring record is merely an olympic torch for the dinosaurs / neanderthals to see the light.
    I know that you think that if you say something over and over again it will magically become so, but I hate to break it to you, life doesn't work that way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    This is common sense. LeBron is a better passer, rebounder and has the ability to play and defend multiple positions.
    Yet, Jordan has far more defensive accolades, got just as many blocks despite being smaller, and got way more steals. Nobody in their right mind would say Lebron is a better defender.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Yet, Jordan has far more defensive accolades, got just as many blocks despite being smaller, and got way more steals. Nobody in their right mind would say Lebron is a better defender.
    Peak for peak. LeBron was the better defender, although MJ was more consistent. As far as defensive versatility, it isn't even close. LeBron can guard 1-4 at a very high level in his prime. MJ just didn't have the size to do that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Peak for peak. LeBron was the better defender, although MJ was more consistent. As far as defensive versatility, it isn't even close. LeBron can guard 1-4 at a very high level in his prime. MJ just didn't have the size to do that.
    Versatility does not equal better. I don't think there's even a case for Lebron peak-for-peak.