Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Dragging them down says this mouthbreather, lol. MJ made them champs, numbskull. They didn't win shit in '94, neither when they went to other teams (except Grant who wasn't even third wheel on the Shaq, Kobe Lakers).

So far Bran as a Laker, no AD, no playoffs.
    The Bulls won a playoff series in 1994, even if we consider the one of the worst calls in history "foul" on Hubert Davis as legit. Now if we talk about jordon without The Great Scott Pippen in 1984-87 and 2001-03... Now that should be in the dictionary next to "not winning a shit".
    So far for LeBron: Winning three times as many 7 game series against western conference champions without AD than AD won against any western conference team while playing in the west without LeBron.

Default Re: Anthony Davis already has made more all star games than Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    The Bulls won a playoff series in 1994, even if we consider the one of the worst calls in history "foul" on Hubert Davis as legit. Now if we talk about jordon without The Great Scott Pippen in 1984-87 and 2001-03... Now that should be in the dictionary next to "not winning a shit".
    So far for LeBron: Winning three times as many 7 game series against western conference champions without AD than AD won against any western conference team while playing in the west without LeBron.
    No AD, no playoffs

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

No AD, no playoffs
    No AD, 3 chips

No Pip, 1-9

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yet another great player swallowed by the stupid endless argument that infects discussion of anyone to so much as suit up next to Lebron, Jordan, or Kobe. The exact same people you would predict have to prop up each or tear them down to the point you almost never see an opinion that doesn’t go with the established narrative of the source. Dude is either better than Kareem(I suppose making him Jordan tier or above) or a stat padding loser.

Shame because he really is pretty amazing when healthy but you’ll never see an honest discussion about him, Scottie, Gasol, Wade, or anyone to touch those guys career in any way.

I read Ham and Lebron wanna make him the mvp this year and I wouldn’t be shocked to see it. He’s obviously got it in him in just dreading the stupid back and forths that will result.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Yet another great player swallowed by the stupid endless argument that infects discussion of anyone to so much as suit up next to Lebron, Jordan, or Kobe. The exact same people you would predict have to prop up each or tear them down to the point you almost never see an opinion that doesn’t go with the established narrative of the source. Dude is either better than Kareem(I suppose making him Jordan tier or above) or a stat padding loser.

Shame because he really is pretty amazing when healthy but you’ll never see an honest discussion about him, Scottie, Gasol, Wade, or anyone to touch those guys career in any way.

I read Ham and Lebron wanna make him the mvp this year and I wouldn’t be shocked to see it. He’s obviously got it in him in just dreading the stupid back and forths that will result.
    I'd be shocked. You have to be on the court to win MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    I'd be shocked. You have to be on the court to win MVP.
    Maybe ad can turn into abdul jabbar again next season. Who knows.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Id be surprised if he won it I suppose. It feels like Giannis, Luka, or Jokic almost have to since they have no teammates or narratives to siphon off votes. Maybe put Steph in that mix too. Be hard for one of the multiple superstar teams to get one. Doc apparently wants Hardencto turn back to Houston mode and score which limits Embiid. There are dark horse types but most have some narrative working against them. Ja, Trae, maybe Zion, whoever you credit on Minny, Leonard, Booker and so on all have issues working against them. Lebron would have to drop to like a 22/11 playmaker to give AD a chance.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Id be surprised if he won it I suppose. It feels like Giannis, Luka, or Jokic almost have to since they have no teammates or narratives to siphon off votes. Maybe put Steph in that mix too. Be hard for one of the multiple superstar teams to get one. Doc apparently wants Hardencto turn back to Houston mode and score which limits Embiid. There are dark horse types but most have some narrative working against them. Ja, Trae, maybe Zion, whoever you credit on Minny, Leonard, Booker and so on all have issues working against them. Lebron would have to drop to like a 22/11 playmaker to give AD a chance.
    Lakers would have to win games which isn't likely at this stage when your two top players won't be playing much

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    No AD, 3 chips

No Pip, 1-9
    No AD, 18-31

Good High School Starter 100grandman's Avatar

No AD, 18-31
    Weak argument.

Banned

The best sidekick anyone's had since Shaq had Kobe.

AD = always damaged

fragile ass just threw 2 season away in a row. the goodwill from the 2020 ring is wearing out, we have bald gambling sociopaths to catch over here.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    AD = always damaged

fragile ass just threw 2 season away in a row. the goodwill from the 2020 ring is wearing out, we have bald gambling sociopaths to catch over here.
    Time for Bran's annual Moar Halp campaign?

Time for Bran's annual Moar Halp campaign?
    they dont need more help. AD and lebron would have given both of the last two champions a run for their money.

lebron was ready both years - shame AD was out.

meanwhile baldan's supporting cast never had a single player as fragile as AD. pippen rodman nor grant ever missed a significant amount of time like this kid. it is what it is.

lets not act like AD being fragile isnt a fact.

literally wasted two prime postseasons of the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    they dont need more help. AD and lebron would have given both of the last two champions a run for their money.

lebron was ready both years - shame AD was out.

meanwhile baldan's supporting cast never had a single player as fragile as AD. pippen rodman nor grant ever missed a significant amount of time like this kid. it is what it is.

lets not act like AD being fragile isnt a fact.

literally wasted two prime postseasons of the GOAT.
    Blame LeGM, he should've recruited another top tier player (like does every offseason).