Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's 2018 Playoff Run Explained in 10 Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    The greatest playoff run of all time, bar none.

Never seen a player so effortlessly dominate.
    That’s what makes the Game 1 ending so painful. The Cavs beating the Warriors on their home floor with LeBron dropping 50 in one of the greatest Finals performances ever would’ve been a huge opening statement, esp with the way he had been playing that postseason.

I’m still picking the Warriors to win, but that at minimum would’ve made that series interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    The greatest playoff run of all time, bar none.

Never seen a player so effortlessly dominate.
    It was great, but I honestly can't call anything greatest when the title isn't won. I know it's unfair, because it punishes individual play for lack of team success, but what if they lose g7 vs Boston? Still greatest? Where's the line drawn? Is 2016 by Golden State the greatest season ever played even when they lost?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    That’s what makes the Game 1 ending so painful. The Cavs beating the Warriors on their home floor with LeBron dropping 50 in one of the greatest Finals performances ever would’ve been a huge opening statement, esp with the way he had been playing that postseason.

I’m still picking the Warriors to win, but that at minimum would’ve made that series interesting.
    Refs literally wouldn’t let Cavs win that game. To be clear that had no outcome on the series as the Warriors obviously win 6 at max even if the Cavs win game 1. And probably in 5. But the reffing was just noticeably awful.
    Last edited by RRR3; 09-26-2022 at 04:59 PM.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    It was great, but I honestly can't call anything greatest when the title isn't won. I know it's unfair, because it punishes individual play for lack of team success, but what if they lose g7 vs Boston? Still greatest? Where's the line drawn? Is 2016 by Golden State the greatest season ever played even when they lost?
    LeBron Stans don’t care about winning. Thus excuse making and their favorite player

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Agreed. On everything. But that was his smoothest season ever from an offensive skill perspective. 2008 - 2010, 2012 - 2014, and 2018. Best LeBron seasons and most aesthetically pleasing. Competition in dollars 2018 playoffs in the east of whack as ****, anyone overrating is absurd.
    Yeah that's fair. 2016 Finals LeBron is probably his peak imo. Short stretch, but he was freakishly dominant. He also eviscerated Chef lol.

In the conference finals faced Scary Terry Celtics without their best player and still got taken seven. Kyrie plays and the series is over in 6 in Boston’s favor.
    Right? What was the average age of that Celtics team anyway? 21? Can't forget about Oladipo's Pacers and the Derozan led Craptors.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post

Right? What was the average age of that Celtics team anyway? 21? Can't forget about Oladipo's Pacers and the Derozan led Craptors.
    That same Celtics team embarrassed your boy Durant, they were better in 2022, but KD had Kyrie on his side and still got swept. Embarrassing.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    That same Celtics team embarrassed your boy Durant, they were better in 2022, but KD had Kyrie on his side and still got swept. Embarrassing.
    KD isnt "my boy" lol. Fvck that deck-stacking, sensitive ass hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    KD aint "my boy" lol. **** that deck-stacking, sensitive ass hoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Right. He set the superteam precedent and a healthy Brooklyn team still likely win a ring or two. Which will give KD 3-4 ring. Right there with LeBron. Overall LeBron's a thing of the past though. Believe me when I tell you that 5 years from now, he'll be falling down the ranks. And fast too. Hoopers don't go to youtube to watch or learn from his game. Instead they watch guys like KD, Steph, Booker, Kawhi etc.

Media will hitch their "Next MJ" wagon soon enough.
    Super team Durant got swept by these Celtics.

Schrodinger’s ISH:

The board would die without LeBron threads but LeBron threads are always the worst threads on the NBA forum.

Learning to shoot layups

Super team Durant got swept by these Celtics.
    That quote was when Brooklyn had James Harden. Keep googling my posts though. I don't mind having a fan

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Dude you’re comparing apples and oranges. A bunch of guys who can barely go to a bar and order a drink legally, from 2018, compared to 4 1/2 years later? God your LeBron nut slurping knows no bounds. What are you talking about Katie, LeBron is just as big of a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Dude you’re comparing apples and oranges. A bunch of guys who can barely go to a bar and order a drink legally, from 2018, compared to 4 1/2 years later? God your LeBron nut slurping knows no bounds. What are you talking about Katie, LeBron is just as big of a bitch
    The difference is LeBron didn't have a sidekick like Kyrie when he beat those kids in 2018.

KD had Kyrie and both still got swept.

Lue didn't help them at all in the 2018 finals.

I rule the local playground

His last 4 years as a Laker explains his skills

Career lottery boy without AD

We really celebrating a playoff run where he played weak opponents and got swept in the Finals?

Op is such a bron c0ck svcking pvssy