Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run by the most stacked team ever

Game 4 of the 2017 finals:
    31 points
    10 rebounds
    11 assists
    +32

And this highlight:

In 2002, a Tracy McGrady alley-oop to himself from an all-star game was voted as the #1 dunk of the entire 2001-02 season on NBA.com. Watch the 2:44 mark of this video for proof:

In 2017 LeBron did it in a finals game.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run by the most stacked team e

Mcgradys looked better. Largely uncontested dunks aren’t more impressive because the finals logo being on the floor during a blowout. And unlike a lot of finals plays that are famous it’s relatively common. Jordan’s switch hand layup is more famous than it would be because it’s in the finals…but you also don’t see it done that way often. Birds rebound/mid air lefty layup….you just don’t see. Even plays similar to the Dr.J up and under vs the lakers never look as smooth.

This play is both not all that spectacular in the execution and is a kind of play seen many times before and after it. Couple that with being in an inconsequential blowout and that well contested?

Its not “Meh” but it isn’t worth talking about much either.

If he had done it as smoothly and with the emphasis McGrady or even Vince did it in the All-Star game in the finals it would probably be a more signature moment.

Banned

Default Re: LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run by the most stacked team e

Right, cause McGrady's dunk was so contested:

For the record, the score when jordon did that overrated layup in the 1991 finals: Bulls up 95-71 with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. But LeBron's team leading 94-75 with 9 minutes left in the third quarter against a team that can hit 10 3 pointers in a span of 5 minutes is a "blowout" that discredits the dunk's value. Um, okay...

Learning to shoot layups

LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run
    So LeBron put himself in Iverson territory. Not a bad comparison actually. Just imagine if AI had the talent LeBron had his entire career.

I didn’t say tmacs was more contested I said it looked better was more smooth and had greater emphasis. Just a better looking play. Not as clumsy. Probably because Lebron did it on the fly and didn’t set out to do it.

And I already mentioned Jordan’s iconic play and some others. They’re all fairly unique. Lebrons wasn’t. A play that isn’t that uncommon doesn’t become legend just because it’s the finals. Not when it isn’t consequential. Most of the plays you remember seeing all the time are either unique or mattered.

I actually think that Jordan layup is overrated too. Even for Jordan it is somewhat of an average layup that I don’t know how it got iconic status. Jordan has had way more impressive highlights in his career than that layup. He didn’t even really need to switch his hand. Probably could have dunked it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    I actually think that Jordan layup is overrated too. Even for Jordan it is somewhat of an average layup that I don’t know how it got iconic status. Jordan has had way more impressive highlights in his career than that layup. He didn’t even really need to switch his hand. Probably could have dunked it.
    Yeah, I've always thought this too.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post

Overrated relative to his other plays sure. But unique. Probably because he didn’t need to do it.

7-time NBA All-Star

Kyrie had 40 on 56% in that game

so Kyrie was the guy that stopped the Warriors while Lebron was the lower-scoring sidekick

Lebron always had elite-producing teammates to nearly match him in the Finals because he can't defeat maximum defensive attention (can't carry scoring load in Finals)

Since Lebron can't defeat maximum defensive attention, he needs elite-scoring sidekicks like AD, Wade and Kyrie - he can't win with secondary scorers like Wiggins or Pippen

Ultimately, it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap defenders, but this requires a 1st option that can carry the scoring load like Curry or MJ.. Lebron is the opposite and forces GM's to find expensive star scoring help

So we're celebrating him being gentleman's swept now and handing his direct opponent ANOTHER Fmvp?

Amazing

I can't even imagine what a loser OP is in life, with the low standards and loser tendencies he has...

And that doesn't even take into account he worships a grown man and posts here all weekend, every weekend, all summer.

A loser, just like this hero

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    So we're celebrating him being gentleman's swept now and handing his direct opponent ANOTHER Fmvp?

Amazing
    No, I am celebrating LeBron's phenomenal performance in a finals series that prevented a 16-0 run.
    You are celebrating a performance from a first round sweep loss:

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post

Amazing

I can't even imagine what a loser OP is in life, with the low standards and loser tendencies he has...

And that doesn't even take into account he worships a grown man and posts here all weekend, every weekend, all summer.

A loser, just like this hero
    Lebron stans hitting new lows

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Kyrie had 40 on 56% in that game

so Kyrie was the guy that stopped the Warriors while Lebron was the lower-scoring sidekick

Lebron always had elite-producing teammates to nearly match him in the Finals because he can't defeat maximum defensive attention (can't carry scoring load in Finals)

Since Lebron can't defeat maximum defensive attention, he needs elite-scoring sidekicks like AD, Wade and Kyrie - he can't win with secondary scorers like Wiggins or Pippen

Ultimately, it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap defenders, but this requires a 1st option that can carry the scoring load like Curry or MJ.. Lebron is the opposite and forces GM's to find expensive star scoring help
    Bingo, co alphas

I rule the local playground

Lebron giving 6 FVP to his direct opponents

Also Lebron being the betas for all 4 of his rings

No wonder his fanboys worship this beta failure

NBA lottery pick

Kawhi was going to beat this team. Nothing special about them.