Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeESPN's top 100 players of the 2022-23 NBA season.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Everyone is biased. What a stupid reason to discount someone's opinion. You get an informed opinion by exposing yourself to a variety of perspectives, and a perspective from a superfan is still a perspective. But let me guess, if this was a Curry superhater, you would be all ears.

Read some topics to find out. For example:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...o-relate/page2

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...player-in-70-s

I’ve written essays in support of Steph when some of his haters make wild claims but generally? Given time I ignore the biggest haters and biggest fans. There is nothing 3 ball has to say about Lebron or Jordan I need to hear. Why subject myself to it? I know what it is and I know why he’s saying it. Why bother?

Once you’re established too far in either direction you should be tuned out. I do my best to do that but I have a bad habit of responding to annoying things and on ish the super fans are prone to say them.

Id say the best version of me wouldn’t even acknowledge this guy…3ball…the various alts of the guy always arguing with 3ball…the Giannis Superman. The Leonard one who thinks he’s the goat. Our Gobert nut is best ignored.

All of them really. I never got anything useful from anyones biggest fan. Not that I can recall at least. Even speaking to them is a bad habit I have.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    The idea is that the superfan lacks perspective on others as it pertains to their guy.
    Bison is very dim, better explain it to him like he’s 5.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Love the Ben Simmons dig....ranked 76

I didn't realize that they did that. Quietly awesome.

Question: who actually had a player in mind when they are asked who the 53rd best player in the league is? I never put a second thought into Tatum's overall ranking until it started looking like he could be argued for the top 10.

Good college starter

The idea is that the superfan lacks perspective on others as it pertains to their guy.
    More specious drivel. Maybe you'd have a point if the guy I'm a fan of didn't lead his team to regular season and playoffs wins records and dominated a season so thoroughly a unanimous MVP landed on his doorstep—but that's the guy I am a fan of and unfortunately for your theory a guy who can do that can ruin your argument. Reminds me of Gene Hackman's character in Unforgiven playing the odds. It's smart until you meet the guy who has shown he can beat the odds. Then you realize what the clearer perspective really is.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    More specious drivel. Maybe you'd have a point if the guy I'm a fan of didn't lead his team to regular season and playoffs wins records and dominated a season so thoroughly a unanimous MVP landed on his doorstep—but that's the guy I am a fan of and unfortunately for your theory a guy who can do that can ruin your argument. Reminds me of Gene Hackman's character in Unforgiven playing the odds. It's smart until you meet the guy who has shown he can beat the odds. Then you realize what the clearer perspective really is.
    This post is exactly what I'm talking about..so thank you.

You are so wound up by anything that has to do with Steph that you don't seem to realize that no one is questioning what a great player he is and has been.

Good college starter

This post is exactly what I'm talking about..so thank you.

You are so wound up by anything that has to do with Steph that you don't seem to realize that no one is questioning what a great player he is and has been.
    And thank you for showing you still don't get it. That's why BSPN has been able to completely hoodwink you for all these years.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 09-23-2022 at 09:36 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    GS was 8-10 without Steph last year. Klay shot 35% in the finals and Draymond played extremely poorly in the first 5 games. Despite all of that, they still beat Boston in 6.
    The Celtics strategy was basically shut down all the Warriors players and force Curry to beat them, and to his credit he did, but are we gonna ignore Jayson Tatum had an all-time bad series as well and his sidekick Jaylen Brown didn't do much better?
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 09-23-2022 at 10:18 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    And thank you for showing you still don't get it. That's why BSPN has been able to completely hoodwink you for all these years.
    Whatever dude

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The Celtics strategy was basically shut down all the Warriors players and force Curry to beat them, and to his credit he did, but are we gonna ignore Jayson Tatum had an all-time bad series as well and his sidekick Jaylen Brown didn't do much better?
    Yea, but that's just it, it wasn't just anyone guarding Steph; it was Marcus Smart. And Brown didn't have a terrible series. He put up 24/7/4/1 on 54% TS%.

As a team, this Celtics team was one of the greatest ever defensively. 6 of their players received All-Defensive votes. I don't think that has ever happened in league history. Maybe it did, but their overall defensive play is one to be recognized regardless. And when you dominate the DPOY, then that deserves recognition as well.

I agree with your assessment that Giannis deserves the #1 slot, but I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing Steph given his performance in the finals against Boston.