Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: LeESPN's top 100 players of the 2022-23 NBA season.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Do you actually expect me to take a discussion about Steph with you even remotely seriously?
    Of course not because you know you don't have anything to contribute to a serious discussion.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Do you actually expect me to take a discussion about Steph with you even remotely seriously?

Yea some people just should be totally ignored on some subjects. There should be like an auto ignore for anything that guy had to say about Steph much like Rudeboy or whatever it was and Giannis, or the kawhi guy about him. Some people just don’t need to be heard from.

Giannis is obviously a reasonable number 1. Amid a group of people who can all be expected to drop 28-30 a game with the usual side numbers of rebounds or assists expected from the position the one of them who is DPOY level yearly has a clear case for best total player. Giannis might be the only player who would still be all star level if you totally removed whatever side of the ball you consider his best.

I don’t see how the best total player in the league isn’t Giannis though I leave room for Jokic and Embiid to get the pick. I think if you asked the actual players KD might come in first or second though. He’s just so hard to like he doesn’t have his freakish combo of size and skill properly credited. But Giannis is hard to dispute. He’s a 30ppg DPOY. When the potential DPOY can drop 50 to win a title he’s probably the best in the league.

Like…if instead of being something of a liability Rudy Gobert could score 30 and assist on a gang of threes….you know? Make him a downright bad player on either end and leave the other as it is? He’s still going to the hall of fame. A lot of these other guys wouldn’t be in the nba minus either their offense or defense. He would be a likely hall of fame player no matter which end you made him bad on.

I don’t know if some people are properly considering how crazy that is.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Of course not because you know you don't have anything to contribute to a serious discussion.
    Classic childish deflection aside, there’s nothing wrong with being a raving fanboy. There really isn’t.

Just don’t expect people to take your opinions on your fanboy subject seriously.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Yea some people just should be totally ignored on some subjects. There should be like an auto ignore for anything that guy had to say about Steph much like Rudeboy or whatever it was and Giannis, or the kawhi guy about him. Some people just don’t need to be heard from.

Giannis is obviously a reasonable number 1. Amid a group of people who can all be expected to drop 28-30 a game with the usual side numbers of rebounds or assists expected from the position the one of them who is DPOY level yearly has a clear case for best total player. Giannis might be the only player who would still be all star level if you totally removed whatever side of the ball you consider his best.

I don’t see how the best total player in the league isn’t Giannis though I leave room for Jokic and Embiid to get the pick. I think if you asked the actual players KD might come in first or second though. He’s just so hard to like he doesn’t have his freakish combo of size and skill properly credited. But Giannis is hard to dispute. He’s a 30ppg DPOY. When the potential DPOY can drop 50 to win a title he’s probably the best in the league.

Like…if instead of being something of a liability Rudy Gobert could score 30 and assist on a gang of threes….you know?

I don’t know if some people are properly considering how crazy that is.
    Yea and it’s not even about the numbers with him. Just watching..he’s so dominant on both ends. His relentlessness just wears teams the fvck out and when you add the aforementioned new found great vision and the fact that he’d lead the league in rebounding easily if he wanted too.

There’s no one with his total package right now.

You don’t have a serious discussion with anyones biggest fans. It’s never going anywhere. I don’t care what sport or even subject. I wouldn’t bother talking to the biggest Dodge fan I know about if I should get a Ram or a Ford truck. What’s the point? What am I gonna get objective analysis wise out of that?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I mean, Curry is obviously top 5 at the moment and had a great playoff run, but he did have the better team by a good margin vs every playoff opponent they played.

People have short memories, there was a huge stretch in the regular season last year where Curry was just playing horrific ball, it was actually his worst regular season since the Warriors started to compete for titles.

To me, I would say Giannis is better at the moment.
    GS was 8-10 without Steph last year. Klay shot 35% in the finals and Draymond played extremely poorly in the first 5 games. Despite all of that, they still beat Boston in 6.

Steph is a special player whose impact is immense beyond what traditional stats and analytics show. Despite having an 'off' year, he still led his team to the chip and won FMVP against an all time great defense and the DPOY.

That being said, I can't argue that Giannis probably is better, especially considering they lost Middleton and still took the Celtics to 7 games, but I do find it odd putting KD and LeBron ahead of him.

College star

This is a great example of recency bias. Just a year ago Giannis scored 50 in a finals-clenching game, and was a couple votes away from a 3rd MVP this season. If Middleton doesn’t get hurt then we may not even be having this discussion at all.

When considering both ends, he’s the best and most dominant player in the league. No issues with him at #1.
    Good point. You and 1987 are both correct.

Good college starter

You don’t have a serious discussion with anyones biggest fans. It’s never going anywhere. I don’t care what sport or even subject. I wouldn’t bother talking to the biggest Dodge fan I know about if I should get a Ram or a Ford truck. What’s the point? What am I gonna get objective analysis wise out of that?
    Your loss. Because of my interest I'm probably more knowledgeable about the greatest player in the game. If you wish to talk about lesser players that's up to you. Just know in the future your knowledge of what is currently going on is far less than what it could have been.

After about 250 national televised games during this run absolutely nobody gets to make a “I know his game” claim about him to other big-time basketball fans. There was a Kobe fan who used to try that bullshit talking about how many Laker games he watched as if Kobe didn’t have Literally more than 500 games on national TV.

You have nothing to tell anybody who is an actual fan of the NBA about Steph Curry. You just have a much more biased slant in presenting what you see and should therefore have your opinion held in less regard. As I said there is a little to be gained in seriously discussing a matter with anybody’s biggest fans. Maybe if we’re talking a role player who somebody has followed the whole way up but not one of the worlds most visible superstars. Might as well be on a soccer forum as Ronaldo’s biggest fan trying to speak with some authority as if every even half assed soccer fan hasn’t seen everything he’s done for 15 years.

I Don’t care that LaVar Ball may have seen every jumper all three of his kids ever shot. He’s obviously biased which overshadows his expertise. You have the bias without even the additional expertise because we’ve all seen him play hundreds of times too.

I’m not saying I don’t value your opinion on anything. If you have something to say about Paul Pierce I might be interested to hear it. I put no value in anything you have to say about anybody on the Warriors. Like I said why would you ask the worlds biggest Dodge fan if you should get a Dodge or a Chevy? It’s safe to say you know what he’s going to say without asking so why waste your breath?

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    10-6:

10: Devin Booker
    9: Ja Morant
    8: Kevin Durant
    7: Jayson Tatum
    6: LeBron James

ESPN finally realizing Dingo >>>> Kingo
    they ranked them right beside each other at 5 and 6

NBA Superstar

Your loss. Because of my interest I'm probably more knowledgeable about the greatest player in the game. If you wish to talk about lesser players that's up to you. Just know in the future your knowledge of what is currently going on is far less than what it could have been.
    Maybe about his stat line from 2013 or what restaurant he ate at last Friday. But you are so solely focused on him, how could you possibly have an objective view of where he stands amongst others?

Good college starter

After about 250 national televised games during this run absolutely nobody gets to make a “I know his game” claim about him to other big-time basketball fans. There was a Kobe fan who used to try that bullshit talking about how many Laker games he watched as if Kobe didn’t have Literally more than 500 games on national TV.

You have nothing to tell anybody who is an actual fan of the NBA about Steph Curry. You just have a much more biased slant in presenting what you see and should therefore have your opinion held in less regard. As I said there is a little to be gained in seriously discussing a matter with anybody’s biggest fans. Maybe if we’re talking a role player who somebody has followed the whole way up but not one of the worlds most visible superstars. Might as well be on a soccer forum as Ronaldo’s biggest fan trying to speak with some authority as if every even half assed soccer fan hasn’t seen everything he’s done for 15 years.

I Don’t care that LaVar Ball may have seen every jumper all three of his kids ever shot. He’s obviously biased which overshadows his expertise. You have the bias without even the additional expertise because we’ve all seen him play hundreds of times too.

I’m not saying I don’t value your opinion on anything. If you have something to say about Paul Pierce I might be interested to hear it. I put no value in anything you have to say about anybody on the Warriors. Like I said why would you ask the worlds biggest Dodge fan if you should get a Dodge or a Chevy? It’s safe to say you know what he’s going to say without asking so why waste your breath?

Because the guy recommending the Dodge probably has his reasons for his great fandom of it. You know Scotty Kilmer that car guy on Youtube? If you wanted to buy a Celica would you ignore his reasons for loving it?

You all go on accusing me of bias, but in my view I'm less biased than all of you. I am a fan of Curry because he is that great and to me it is plain as day. Records here. Records there. Continuously keeps defying his detractors' expectations and embarrassing them. Curry is the most consequential basketball player since Jordan. You guys are free to believe otherwise but if it becomes even more painfully clear that I am indeed correct just remember you squandered the opportunity to pick my brain more because you weren't bright enough to recognize what was happening.

If I Wanted to buy a Celica sure I might go to a Celica nut to have my decision reaffirmed. If I wanted an honest and reasonable evaluation of a Celica versus something else I don’t want that guy involved. As I said Lavar ball absolutely knows all three of his kids games better than anybody else. But I’m not gonna ask him if his kid is better than Trae young. His evaluation isn’t useful. It isn’t tough concept to grasp.

Far as you thinking you’re the least biased on the subject that’s either trolling or being delusional and neither of those things leave room for rational response so I will leave it alone.

Everyone is biased. What a stupid reason to discount someone's opinion. You get an informed opinion by exposing yourself to a variety of perspectives, and a perspective from a superfan is still a perspective. But let me guess, if this was a Curry superhater, you would be all ears.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Everyone is biased. What a stupid reason to discount someone's opinion. You get an informed opinion by exposing yourself to a variety of perspectives, and a perspective from a superfan is still a perspective. But let me guess, if this was a Curry superhater, you would be all ears.
    The idea is that the superfan lacks perspective on others as it pertains to their guy.