Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default If Embiid and Jokic had to run the center gauntlet in 1995 how many get outpayed?

Hakeem, Drob, Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, and Mutombo.

They play the teams those guys were on with the teams and coaches they currently have with all 1995 rules in place. 2022 76ers vs the 95 Rockets and so on.

How many of the 6 would you expect the modern guys to outplay head to head regardless of who won the games?

Default Re: If Embiid and Jokic had to run the center gauntlet in 1995 how many get outpayed?

All of them, and easily.

Default Re: If Embiid and Jokic had to run the center gauntlet in 1995 how many get outpayed?

I would expect them to outplay Ewing Mourning and Mutombo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Hakeem, Drob, Shaq, Ewing, Mourning, and Mutombo.

They play the teams those guys were on with the teams and coaches they currently have with all 1995 rules in place. 2022 76ers vs the 95 Rockets and so on.

How many of the 6 would you expect the modern guys to outplay head to head regardless of who won the games?
    Only Mourning and Mutombo.

Olajuwon, Shaq, Robinson, and Ewing were beasts down low.

Ewing lol. Nostalgia stans at it again.

This is that Ewing giving Shaq 38 so it’s not like he couldn’t go toe to toe with anyone:

And he was already way less athletic by then.

Outplay, how? On average, atleast one game, every game played?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

They would obviously be ranked ahead of Ewing, Mourning, and Mutombo. Slightly below Shaq, D-Rob and Hakeem.

I'll probably trust Embiid and Jokic more than D-Rob around playoff time since Robinson's offensive game had trouble translating to postseason play.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Ewing lol. Nostalgia stans at it again.
    Ewing was a great player. Olajuwon and Shaq were obviously better, and up and through 1993 Robinson had not yet passed Ewing. Jokic would struggle mightily trying to guard Ewing. All 4 of them (Olajuwon, Shaq, Robinson, and yes Ewing) would eat Jokic up when he's trying to guard them.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    Ewing was a great player. Olajuwon and Shaq were obviously better, and up and through 1993 Robinson had not yet passed Ewing. Jokic would struggle mightily trying to guard Ewing. All 4 of them (Olajuwon, Shaq, Robinson, and yes Ewing) would eat Jokic up when he's trying to guard them.
    I didn’t say he wasn’t a great player. Clearly below Jokic and Embiid though.

College superstar

The most interesting matchup to me would be peak Jokic vs. young Shaq. Obviously Jokic would have trouble guarding Shaq in the paint. That's a given. Also though, while '95 Shaq was more athletic and mobile than peak 2000 to 2002 Shaq, if Jokic were to bring him outside the paint, I could see Shaq having problems guarding him, also while Jokic's passing game would be like Portland Sabonis on steroids.

Based on what logic?

Jokic just destroyed the league in rebounding. Usually need to be tough, stout, long and savvy to do that. Which clearly he is. Cant think of many great rebounders who arent good defenders.

The guys you listed are not pulling him out to the perimeter to be chased around screens all game. So I dont see what the problem is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Ewing peaked in the early 90's, but '95 his play started to dip a little.

They would have grown up playing differently. What's the point?

. Based on what logic?
    Probably then eating each other up and everyone else even when faced with great defense?