Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default What do you think are the most devastating losses in NBA history

For me personally here is my list of the most devastating losses in NBA history from 1 to 10.

1 Kings game seven 2002

2 Rockets game seven 2018

3 Lakers game seven 1969.

4 76ers game seven 1965.

5 Jazz game six 1998

6 New york game seven 1994

7 76ers game seven 1981

8 GSW game seven 2016.

9 Spurs game six 2013.

10 suns game seven 2022.

Good college starter

Default Re: What do you think are the most devastating losses in NBA history

Had that 2018 Rockets team won that game seven and afterwards the title so many narratives would have been shifted.

CP3 and Harden now have a ring while taking down the most stacked team ever in the process.

Harden is now ranked as a top 20 to 15 player ever.

KD now has only one ring.

D'Antoni would be now considered an all-time coach

Daryl Morey would be viewed as a genius

Lol portland game 7 in the 2000 wcf doesn't get any mention?

Banned

If you're talking a series, the 2011 Heat in the finals stand alone.

There are so many choices you could put for this, I’d prob go

Spurs Game 6 2013 Finals

Pistons Game 6 1988 Finals

Lakers Game 7 1969 Finals

Blazers Game 7 2000 WCF

Warriors Game 7 2016 Finals

OKC Game 6 2016 WCF

76ers Game 7 1965 ECF

Kings Game 4 2002 WCF

Lakers 1984 Finals Game 4

Magic Game 1 1995 Finals

Banned

In terms of a series that exposes and destroys an entire legacy, it's hands down the favorites Bulls losing to the Magic in the 1995 2nd round. That Grant/Rodman-less series sticks out like a sore thumb in the ocean of otherwise stacked Bulls teams from the 90s.

Your top 3 should indeed top the list, but 8 and 9 should be much higher.

Sixers Raptors game 7 deserves a mention.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I don't think 2018 game 7 Rockets-Warriors deserves to be on the list, it was basically Harden vs Curry, Durant, Klay & Dray, I don't think anyone expected them to win that game with CP3 out.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Lol portland game 7 in the 2000 wcf doesn't get any mention?
    This. They lost a 15 point lead in the last quarter, and after that loss the team's confidence went downhill and they went out in the first round the following years. Had they won that ring, things could be very, very different for them, and of course, for the Lakers.

2011 Finals and it's not even close.

We have a supposed GOAT in his prime colluding to win 8 chips at least, stacking the deck with a top 5 All NBA former FMVP along with a perennial All Star from another East team. Essentially consolidating 3 EC contenders into one...all for shitting the bed so horribly the effects of that bad performance still has ramifications to this day. I was a LeBron believer, like I think most NBA fans were, we wanted to see someone eclipse MJ as the GOAT but those Finals were an eye opener. Sure we saw Bran shit the bed before but we all believed he either didn't have the maturity nor the right pieces around him. Alas we were all duped by the NBA media propaganda machine and now even to this day, a player who has been out of the league going on 20 years is still viewed as the GOAT by a vast majority of fans...and it's all because of the 2011 Finals.

You simply cannot be outscored by a bench scrub like Jason Terry in the prime of your career while surrounded by top talent (no excuses) and be seriously considered GOAT. Sorry Bran stans, but facts are facts.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

For me Rockets vs Suns Game 7 1994-95. Mario Elie's Kiss Of Death. That was Chuck's last change at a ring as a superstar.

NBA Superstar

Magic game 1 in 1995 has got to be it. That game might have changed the second half of the 90s.

Banned

The Jazz loss to the Bulls in the '98 finals with a score of 96-54 has to be up there with most devastating losses. They haven't been the same team since.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Blazers lose to Lakers in Game 7 of 2000 Western Conference Finals, when they went into the fourth quarter with a 17 point something lead.

Blazers organization has still not recovered from that loss.