Default How many players in NBA history would you take over CP3 as franchise player?

Topic.

Default Re: How many players in NBA history would you take over CP3 as franchise player?

Zero.

Default Re: How many players in NBA history would you take over CP3 as franchise player?

For all the shit CP3 gets on here, he was a superstar/MVP caliber player for many years and has had great longevity, which I know is something that gets downplayed on here, but absolutely matters in a thread discussing who you'd take as your franchise player. Kawhi at his peak is a better player than CP3, but I'm taking CP3 over Kawhi as my franchise player and not even thinking twice about it.

CP3 would probably fall in the top 25-30 of players I'd take to start a franchise.

Banned

Twenty-seven

Point Guard is such a tough position to try and have as a cornerstone of a championship team. Curry and Isiah Thomas are the two that you can really look at and say that about.

Chris Paul in his prime with decent pieces around him (Clippers days) should've made at least one Finals. His criticism of falling short in the playoffs is valid as well.

For a number of how many players? Idk, I'd have to think about it, but what SouBeach said about 25-30 players before Paul seems to be around the sweet spot.

So basically, just Lebron.

Banned

Definitely not any point guard from the 90s, that's for damn true. Unless we're talking about The Great Scott Pippen, who was basically a point guard.