Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    College star

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

I'm down...ask away.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I would like to ask you a question. You personally not everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I’m both obviously, like any Warriors fan. Steph pulled us out of the dark ages. He’s the real deal.

As for the upset if someone other than Curry is going off? That’s pretty absurd. Im a sports fan and I just want to see my teams win. It’s pretty simple and kind of silly when you think about it but that’s all it is really.

Rooting for star’s teammates to do poor is pretty insane, to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of anything like that before the trolling around here. That is pretty out there.

I have bugged some friends of mine being critical of Klay, Draymond, and some other guys at times when they have disappeared in big games or been slumping in general. While I’m a fan and give our guys the benefit of the doubt in most situations I still keep it real. Just because I like a player or they are on the team doesn’t mean I’m going to be intellectually dishonest about things. It’s not a bad thing as a fan to be critical at times while giving credit when it’s due.

Understood. I hope you can see why it’s hard to tell at times. I’m sure you noticed that most guys biggest haters on here are the fans of a teams best player. 3ball and Pippen. You often with Klay and Dray. The Lebron nuts talking about Kyrie and Wade. The Kobe fans hating on Pau. That’s just modern sports at times.

It’s like guys aren’t as good as they are….they’re as good ad their teammate aren’t…if that makes sense.

And to be clear it started well before you . Like I said a lot of bulls fans in the 90s were Jordan fans.

Ive just not been that way personally. I hate the player first fans at lot of the time. Not always. But some get so out of line. We had a Dirk fan years ago who hated everyone who ever played for the mavs and it was just weird.

You aren’t on that level which is why I felt a need to ask. It just often feels like you can’t wait for someone to have a bad game so Steph can appear to save the day. I understand that may not actually be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    I'm down...ask away.

Which “This is the savior” Knicks point let you down most?

Marbury? Lin? Rod Strickland? Mark Jackson? Steve Francis? Kemba? What point did you have the most hope for only to have it dashed?

Assuming you’re a Knicks fan of course. I feel like you are but if not I have another question.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Which “This is the savior” Knicks point let you down most?

Marbury? Lin? Rod Strickland? Mark Jackson? Steve Francis? Kemba? What point did you have the most hope for only to have it dashed?

Assuming you’re a Knicks fan of course. I feel like you are but if not I have another question.
    That's a great question. I would have to go back to the mid 90s when the Knicks had brought in Larry Johnson and Allan Houston. I had high hopes for them then and it seemed like the Knicks were making moves to really be a strong contender. Of course, it didn't turn out that way.

That was - for all intents and purposes - supposed to be a great trio with Patrick Ewing. The hype was immense back then and we did win 57 games, but then....PJ Brown...smh.

As for the others, then Lin wasn't much a hope for me. We were awful back then. Francis was past his prime, so I knew it wouldn't have worked out.

Marbury was interesting. I wasn't high on Marbury since his interview with Hannah Storm back with the Timberwolves when he claimed he could go out and score 35 points a game, and couldn't make it work with KG of all players (who was as unselfish as they come). So needless to say, I didn't think his addition would have amounted to anything.

NBA Superstar

Why not.

I do remember thinking they would be a problem with Larry Johnson before it was clear he wasn’t Larry Johnson anymore. I clowned the **** outta some Knick fans I knew back then when Tim Hardaway ran wild one playoff and looked like the Point God vs you guys. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Why not.

2 questions.

1. I am forever curating the menu for my friends eventual strip club he’s gonna open and have decided to do something unusual with a wing flavor. I ordered some Lime pepper seasoning and some orange pepper as well. The lime tastes better on its own since I think it has a bunch of msg but Orange Pepper wings just sound exotic. Would you order that if you saw it on the bar food menu at a strip club?

Im also waiting for an order of something called “Slut dust” im told is amazing on fries. Made by a place called slutty vegan you may know of in Atlanta.

Also….

With no real memory if you talking Hawks ball still I ask….

If you could add one retired Hawk from history to the current team who is it?

Mutombo to see if he pulls a Gobert and makes them decent on D by himself?

Nique for the excitement defense be damned?

Steve Smith for versatility?

Joe Johnson for who would probably be a nasty point power forward today?

Trust Pistol Pete these days?

Who?

College star

That's a great question. I would have to go back to the mid 90s when the Knicks had brought in Larry Johnson and Allan Houston. I had high hopes for them then and it seemed like the Knicks were making moves to really be a strong contender. Of course, it didn't turn out that way.

That was - for all intents and purposes - supposed to be a great trio with Patrick Ewing. The hype was immense back then and we did win 57 games, but then....PJ Brown...smh.

As for the others, then Lin wasn't much a hope for me. We were awful back then. Francis was past his prime, so I knew it wouldn't have worked out.

Marbury was interesting. I wasn't high on Marbury since his interview with Hannah Storm back with the Timberwolves when he claimed he could go out and score 35 points a game, and couldn't make it work with KG of all players (who was as unselfish as they come). So needless to say, I didn't think his addition would have amounted to anything.
    A lot of people bring up 1993-95 for the Knicks, but 1997 was so earth shattering. We didn't have LJ and Starks in game 7 while Miami didn't have PJ Brown. We would have won that series. I doubt we beat Chicago but that was such a solid team when you think about it...Ewing, Houston, LJ, Oakley, and Starks off the bench. What we really needed was a playmaker and the Knicks could have really been a dominant team.

A lot of people bring up 1993-95 for the Knicks, but 1997 was so earth shattering. We didn't have LJ and Starks in game 7 while Miami didn't have PJ Brown. We would have won that series. I doubt we beat Chicago but that was such a solid team when you think about it...Ewing, Houston, LJ, Oakley, and Starks off the bench. What we really needed was a playmaker and the Knicks could have really been a dominant team.

What you needed was for Timmy to not turn into LSU Pistol Pete and put the entire city of New York in the sleeper hold on national tv:

That 5 minutes or so he went crazy might have been my lifetime peak punchable moment. Someone should have taken a swing at me. I was unbearable.

Facts Are Misleading

Question for KBaldo8855

Does it bother you that your screen name is missing the extra 8 and 5?

Also, do you remember my real name?

Kind regards,

J*****

Not really. I was on one of my random month or two long absences when ish moved from ezboard to here and my original name was taken by some troll so I just altered it.

No I don’t remember your real name.

I do often wonder if you get online on Xbox because occasionally I’ll be on there and see Shaft pop up. Suns once a while back. I never see you.

As for your question….

Would you rather be given a gift card that will allow a lifetime of free pepsi products anywhere on earth(no more than 3 at a time of any single drink or product) or a visa gift card that always has exactly 6 dollars on it and can be used 2 times a day but goes inactive after 5 years?

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165 View Post
    Shoot

You mentioned once that you started lifting during the pandemic. Maybe that you started back. Not sure. Did you stick with it?

What you benching these days? Assuming you even do old school shit like that. Half the people I see in gyms now are doing more modern core strength and flexibility things than maxing out like we used to.

Im soft as hell relative to my prime
    but I still seem stronger than most I see in the gym. Probably because of it those differences in style.

NBA Superstar

2 questions.

1. I am forever curating the menu for my friends eventual strip club he’s gonna open and have decided to do something unusual with a wing flavor. I ordered some Lime pepper seasoning and some orange pepper as well. The lime tastes better on its own since I think it has a bunch of msg but Orange Pepper wings just sound exotic. Would you order that if you saw it on the bar food menu at a strip club?

Im also waiting for an order of something called “Slut dust” im told is amazing on fries. Made by a place called slutty vegan you may know of in Atlanta.

Also….

With no real memory if you talking Hawks ball still I ask….

If you could add one retired Hawk from history to the current team who is it?

Mutombo to see if he pulls a Gobert and makes them decent on D by himself?

Nique for the excitement defense be damned?

Steve Smith for versatility?

Joe Johnson for who would probably be a nasty point power forward today?

Trust Pistol Pete these days?

Who?
    1. Depends on what the other flavors are. If orange pepper was the place's specialty and there weren't other choices I'd happily order it and maybe even be excited for it's uniqueness. But if it's that vs standard hot then it's going to lose for me. In general I'm not as big of a fan of dry rubs.

2. Almost certainly Mutombo. He alone makes the Hawks a contender in the east. Pretty much solves every issue that we have other than Trae not knowing and/or wanting to play off ball despite having the quickness, skills, and intelligence to be amazing like that.

A second option would be bring back Nique and trade Trae for interior defense and picks. I'm at work and don't have time to truly look but I'm sure a decent haul could be had there. Murray, Nique, Hunter, Collins, and Capela with Bogi and defensive on the bench.

College star

What you needed was for Timmy to not turn into LSU Pistol Pete and put the entire city of New York in the sleeper hold on national tv:

That 5 minutes or so he went crazy might have been my lifetime peak punchable moment. Someone should have taken a swing at me. I was unbearable.
    Bro, why you gotta do me like that? There's a reason you NEVER see me discuss the Knicks on ISH. Why man, just why?