Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Chet Holmgren Hype? I don't see it.

We've seen it with Dirk and KD as others have said and his skillset is more similar to that so he doesn't need the extra weight.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    We've seen it with Dirk and KD as others have said and his skillset is more similar to that so he doesn't need the extra weight.

He's a Ryan Anderson jumpshooter

Nothing like Durant or Dirk

There's a difference between Anderson or Porzingas and Dirk/Durant

Dirk could score like Bird... ad-hoc jumpers

This guy is a spot-up shooter... NO sauce to his game

Could this kid drop 52 on Pippen like 18-year old Dirk? Has he ever even scored 30?... lol.. he isn't a pure instinctual scorer.. he's robotic with no bag

7-time NBA All-Star

It's funny because this kid literally won't be shit so I wonder what everyone will say then

They'll pretend that 10/10 with 2 blocks was all that anyone ever expected, lol...

Durant?.. Dirk??.. who ever said anything about that ? Lol

He’s not a Dirk or Durant level player.

More like a lamarcus Aldridge with handles.

Give it some time before you start criticizing and complaining.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE View Post
    He’s not a Dirk or Durant level player.

More like a lamarcus Aldridge with handles.

Give it some time before you start criticizing and complaining.
    He looks like PorzingAss and Shawn Bradley had a baby

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He looks less laterally athletic and less lengthy (armspan) than KD. Dirk always had a solid frame that wasn't huge but at the same time he was never a piece of paper you could push around. Best comparison I guess is rookie KD but Chet seems less athletic so still a question mark to me. He'll shoot 3's just fine I'm sure but the minutes, the rebounds, the shot blocking in the paint I'm questioning. Once the regular season starts up we'll see I guess.

Banned

It looks like they picked the first 3 in the correct order.

Banchero looks like a stud
    Chet has skills for his height but depending on how weak he stays, could go either way . Star or bust
    Jabari Smith sucks straight ass for a top 3 pick. I'm laughing at Rocket fans who thought the best player fell into their laps

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    He's a Ryan Anderson jumpshooter

Nothing like Durant or Dirk

There's a difference between Anderson or Porzingas and Dirk/Durant

Dirk could score like Bird... ad-hoc jumpers

This guy is a spot-up shooter... NO sauce to his game

Could this kid drop 52 on Pippen like 18-year old Dirk? Has he ever even scored 30?... lol.. he isn't a pure instinctual scorer.. he's robotic with no bag
    He's a 7-footer with guard skills, his shot is really hard to block due to his insane wingspan combined with his height. Ryan Anderson is 6-9 with a 6-9 wingspan while Chet is a 7-footer with a 7-6 wingspan, that's a massive difference. His shot is really fluid and he can take it to the post and shoot over guys so he definitely has more potential than just being some spot-up shooter, which is why he got picked #2.

His slight frame and his height can be worrisome as there is a poor track record with those types but I've seen enough from him thus far that I wouldn't put a ceiling on him. I'm not a 100% in on him either but I wouldn't be surprised if he made it.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    He looks less laterally athletic and less lengthy (armspan) than KD. Dirk always had a solid frame that wasn't huge but at the same time he was never a piece of paper you could push around. Best comparison I guess is rookie KD but Chet seems less athletic so still a question mark to me. He'll shoot 3's just fine I'm sure but the minutes, the rebounds, the shot blocking in the paint I'm questioning. Once the regular season starts up we'll see I guess.
    His body looks very similar to me. He reportedly has a 7-6 wingspan though I think it might be closer to 7-5 like Durant. You might be able to push him around in the post but there's only like 5 guys in the league who would even get post plays and obviously Chet is a great help defender, so the bigger issue is when they force the switch and get him on the perimeter, I think that's where you'll see guys take advantage of him.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 07-10-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druckenmiller View Post
    He looks like PorzingAss and Shawn Bradley had a baby
    Well combining Porzingis and Shawn Bradley would make one hell of an NBA player so I’m sure the Thunder would be happy with that.

Shawn Bradley had a long and successful NBA career and Porzingis has shown flashes of brilliance. You throw them together as if it’s an insult when it’s a great compliment in reality.

People never learn. Imagine hating on a rook for summer league numbers.

Players grow into professional form. So many examples throughout history...Trae being a recent one. Three games means nothing in the basketball scheme of things

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Players grow into professional form. So many examples throughout history...Trae being a recent one. Three games means nothing in the basketball scheme of things
    True. Trae was already labeled a bust in SL 13ppg 23fg% 13%3pt

Curry wasn't incredibly efficient either 17ppg 32fg% 34% 3pt.

That being said. SL is actually a fairly decent, albeit not perfect indicator, of what top 10 picks will be busts. A player can have a great SL, like Kuzma for instance, but still not be an elite player in the NBA. However if you bust out completely in the SL it doesn't bode well for a top 10 pick's NBA future. Trae is one of the very few top 10 picks who completely busted in the SL yet still became a star.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I check basketball news and I see Chet Holmgren all over the place suddenly.

What's the hype with this kid? Another tall skinny ass white Porzingis?

7 feet, 195 lbs. . He needs to be 240lbs minimum to not get injured in the NBA while banging against centers.

He has a nice shooting stroke for a center, I'll give him that.
    Shawn Bradley with less height and a jump shot. He'll never be an MVP candidate or an all-star but I'd play him at the 4. He won't have a league career either, too fragile.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
    Shawn Bradley with less height and a jump shot. He'll never be an MVP candidate or an all-star but I'd play him at the 4. He won't have a league career either, too fragile.
    Ridiculous comparison. He has a fantastic handle for a guy that just turned 20. His passing is elite for a big man. His speed and lateral movement is great for a 7 footer. Plus he has an aggressive attitude. All these comparisons to other slow footed white NBA players are stupid. Basketball is now a full time job for him. For the first time in his life he can concentrate on that. It's anybody's guess if training and diet can get his body to where it needs to be to be an elite player in the NBA

I rule the local playground

Alright I will admit he's a bit more guard like than I thought. Watching the Rockets game and he's pretty mobile for a 7 footer.

Very good NBA starter

Here's a 7 foot guard:

Gregor ****a.

Reminds me of Chet.