Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

The one thing I might be overlooking and haven't discussed is the financial side, winning completely disregarded. Teams have to pay certain amounts to reach required salary levels, but... maybe you just do this on one year deals.

Giving Beal that contract is guaranteeing 5 wasted years in which you will end up right back where you started, shitty but perhaps hopeful. Now they're just mediocre and no hope.

I also do not know how much fan engagement is impacted by signing a guy like Beal vs letting him walk and where that ends up with profitability... this is shit that is too complex and data that I do not have access to. So, yeah.

But I need to emphasize... my previous posts were all about legitimately competing for a title being the only consideration.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Why do fans like you have all the answers but never reveal the answers? You dudes never explain the altnwrtaice solution which makes sense across the board and makes Wash better in the long run. You don’t give Beal this contract so now what do you do? All this text about what a franchise shouldn’t do blah blah. And nothing on what they should have done instead where the end result is them being better than they are today (with Beal and his deal).
    In this case you should know what he's talking about. Surely as a Philly fan you engender the Process?

My only head scratcher is why would he say he wants to go somewhere to win? Rather you say I’m trying to decide the best situation for me and my family. Because staying in Wash means you’re not winning a damn thing there. Lol

Someone told me “he’s securing generational wealthy, I’m here for it!”. But even if he wasn’t staying in Wash he was gonna secure generational wealth.

Read sixers we’re close to trading for Beal? Not sure how true.

Didn’t injuries affect the first two?
    Arenas was injured before signing his extension.

Wall got hurt before his extension kicked in, signing the supermax after making 3rd team All-NBA. I didn't think he was a supermax player, similar to Beal now.

Wizards are always weak in negotiations, even with lesser players. One year they were tanking allowing Blatche to get a lot of shots and put up numbers. They resigned him two years before he became a free agent. He was still getting paid on that contract years after he was out of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Why do fans like you insist on thinking that hampering organizations with bad contracts is EVER a good idea?

You let him go. You accept the fact that you aren't going to win with him as your main guy and you MOVE. ON.

You don't cripple your organization into mediocrity for another 5+ years, unable to win even your division and unable to lose enough for a good pick.

Yes, your team will be worse in the near term but YOU LET HIM GO. ACCEPT IT.

Philadelphia is literally wasting Joel Embiid's career as we speak because of short term thinking people such as yourself.
    You’re generally speaking because that doesn’t apply to me. I’ve gone on record that I would let James Harden walk before giving him the super duper max. I’ve gone on record that I was a huge Sam Hinkie supporter and respected his vision. And how overpaying to be stuck on mediocrity isn’t the way to go. So contracts like Brand, Horford etc are bad deals. You’re preaching to the choir d*ckhead. But you offer no solutions besides “don’t do it. Be ass for years and figure something out later on.”. I guess your incapable of having any alternatives on what you should do now. You continue to duck and dodge with no substance. But you go into a long ass detailed rant on why you shouldn’t tho. Hilarious.

You’re generally speaking because that doesn’t apply to me. I’ve gone on record that I would let James Harden walk before giving him the super duper max. I’ve gone on record that I was a huge Sam Hinkie supporter and respected his vision. And how overpaying to be stuck on mediocrity isn’t the way to go. So contracts like Brand, Horford etc are bad deals. You’re preaching to the choir d*ckhead. But you offer no solutions besides “don’t do it. Be ass for years and figure something out later on.”. I guess your incapable of having any alternatives on what you should do now. You continue to duck and dodge with no substance. But you go into a long ass detailed rant on why you shouldn’t tho. Hilarious.
    The solution is to not do it and let him walk or do a S&T for assets. What the **** else is there to say? Yes, figure it out later. That's exactly right.

What's so hard to understand here? What is your problem?

You say you get it, but then you contradict yourself in the VERY NEXT couple of sentences. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    In this case you should know what he's talking about. Surely as a Philly fan you engender the Process?
    My issue with him is he continues to rant but no solutions or ideas what they should do instead. Yes I was a huge supporter of Hinkies process. Loved bucking the system and getting away from the status quo. But I don’t see how keeping a guy in his prime like Brad Beal as a bad thing. You let him walk and you might as well buy a memory foam mattress and get comfortable in the lottery. I feel with Beal locked up you can build around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    No he was traded. And resisted the trade proposal before the Celtics got Ray Allen.
    Um...Wrong. He wanted OUT.

"I called Kobe Bryant 20 times about the Lakers, man!"

Kevin Garnett reveals the shocking reason why a team-up between the Black Mamba and Big-ticket never happened.

In 2007, Garnett wanted out of the Timberwolves and was looking in the market at teams that would fit him best. He was still under contract, but he had made arrangements with the franchise to be traded where he wanted to go. And it seems, initially, his first option was Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.
    https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i...ever-happened/

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The biggest issue continues to be people getting sticker shock because just how much money the nba makes compared to even recent times hasn’t sunk in. The cap is a percentage of revenue. Salaries are by percentage. Beal at 48 million makes Blazers Rasheed money. He makes Bryant Reeves grizzlies money. Mcdyess on the Nuggets cap hit relative to todays cap? 59 million dollars.

All of this made possible by a 25 billion dollar rights deal. The nba is negotiating a 70+ billion dollar extension.

Forget these giant numbers and how much they shock you. You came up in an nba with a 40 million dollar cap. It’s 120+ now which is why not quite superstars who made 15 million in that era now make 45.

Youre gonna have to start counting cap percentages not dollar figures or drive yourself crazy when Trae is making 82 million at the end of a contract.

The nba will have to expand teams and roster size on top of it to keep that from happening. Make peace with it. As wild as it sounds 50 million isn’t THAT much. It’s 30 million shy of what Patrick Ewing made relative to the cap.

I feel with Beal locked up you can build around him.
    And here, the crux of the true issue is revealed, that you don't get it and you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The biggest issue continues to be people getting sticker shock because just how much money the nba makes compared to even recent times hasn’t sunk in. The cap is a percentage of revenue. Salaries are by percentage. Beal at 48 million makes Blazers Rasheed money. He makes Bryant Reeves grizzlies money. Mcdyess on the Nuggets cap hit relative to todays cap? 59 million dollars.

All of this made possible by a 25 billion dollar rights deal. The nba is negotiating a 70+ billion dollar extension.

Forget these giant numbers and how much they shock you. You came up in an nba with a 40 million dollar cap. It’s 120+ now which is why not quite superstars who made 15 million in that era now make 45.

Youre gonna have to start counting cap percentages not dollar figures or drive yourself crazy when Trae is making 82 million at the end of a contract.

The nba will have to expand teams and roster size on top of it to keep that from happening. Make peace with it. As wild as it sounds 50 million isn’t THAT much. It’s 30 million shy of what Patrick Ewing made relative to the cap.
    Yes, inflation, TV deals, new revenue streams, expanding cap, I get it. Believe me, I do. But everything is relative, and while the cap is going up, it's not going up FAST ENOUGH to give Bradley Beal a SUPERMAX deal and be a contender within those 5 years, thus they are wasted and the rebuild is just kicked down the road for another 5 years. Period.

The solution is to not do it and let him walk or do a S&T for assets. What the **** else is there to say? Yes, figure it out later. That's exactly right.

What's so hard to understand here? What is your problem?

You say you get it, but then you contradict yourself in the VERY NEXT couple of sentences. lol.
    Yes let a guy in his prime at 28 walk and be ass. Or you can use your brain and come up with S & T scenarios that benefit Wash instead of making them Orlando Magic living in the lottery. His contract doesn’t cripple the Wizards. It’s not a pats his prime overpay. It’s not a tier 2 or 3 free agent you overpay.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Um...Wrong. He wanted OUT.

"I called Kobe Bryant 20 times about the Lakers, man!"

Kevin Garnett reveals the shocking reason why a team-up between the Black Mamba and Big-ticket never happened.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i...ever-happened/
    That's him wanting to be a Laker not a Celtic. Read what you wrote.

And here, the crux of the true issue is revealed, that you don't get it and you don't understand.
    You rooted for a sh*tty franchise so long you crave seeing another one. Brad Beal is in his prime and getting paid accordingly. If having him means you’re going to be stuck in mediocrity then you don’t know your head from your ass.

If having him means you’re going to be stuck in mediocrity then you don’t know your head from your ass.

Ok, well, I'll be waiting for the Wizards to become a contender with that contract on the books right over here. You let me know when I need to wake up.

BTW, the Magic aren't stuck in the lottery by design... they're grossly incompetent. Sort of how the 76ers are now since Hinkie's departure with a slow spiral downward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

Exactly, these pseudo gms kill me with their nonsense. This isn’t Tobias Harris getting the max.