Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

We simply haven't had the cap space to pursue big name free agents. Our GM was a "take our money please" guy. He gave a big extension to Andray Blatche two years early. He was still getting paid on that deal while he was playing in China.

Saying 'you haven't signed any big free agents' doesn't matter much when we so rarely had cap space. The only guy in recent memory that we tried to get and failed was Horford.

Please stop comparing Beal to Butler. Butler carried the Heat to the Finals and would have done the same in Philly if Embiid didn't wet the bed.

Default Re: After 10 years with the Wizards Beal is expected to sign 248 million Supermax.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I don’t think good players wanna be permanent first round fodder no matter how good of homies they are with the tream.
    This is based on you seeing Beal as first rd fodder. This is not based on what players whom he has close relationships with think. Just saying…

Brad Beal expressed interest in playing for sixers if traded for. James Harden ok’d the deal to Philly. Sixers haven’t been last the second rd siiiiiince…

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    This is based on you seeing Beal as first rd fodder. This is not based on what players whom he has close relationships with think. Just saying…
    Realistically how far does a Bradley Beal led team go? Especially when he’s paid so much it makes it near impossible to sign free agents?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    We simply haven't had the cap space to pursue big name free agents. Our GM was a "take our money please" guy. He gave a big extension to Andray Blatche two years early. He was still getting paid on that deal while he was playing in China.

Saying 'you haven't signed any big free agents' doesn't matter much when we so rarely had cap space. The only guy in recent memory that we tried to get and failed was Horford.

Please stop comparing Beal to Butler. Butler carried the Heat to the Finals and would have done the same in Philly if Embiid didn't wet the bed.
    You guys make it hard not to call you remedial. You just blasted the damn wizards mgmt. But you’re confident had wizards had cap space they could land tier 1 free agents? What world do you live in? Then you cited Gilbert who was coming of two years in the league as “going to DC”.

Your franchise hasn’t signed anyone significant because the significant players go to the same teams IF they haven’t resigned already. So stop acting like if you have endless cap space maybe Durant and company come there. They wouldn’t. DC IS NO BETTER THAN PHILLY. We have had cap space and signed who? Wake up.

I’ll compare Beal to butler bexuase butler hasn’t carried Jack shit since he was OVER 30. At Beal age he was getting the “lockeroom cancer” treatment. You got amnesia???? Jimmy today was never jimmy 3 or more years ago. You’re kidding me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Realistically how far does a Bradley Beal led team go? Especially when he’s paid so much it makes it near impossible to sign free agents?
    Today? Not far at all. Tomorrow? Who knows. Wizards don’t have a ton of bad contracts. Porz and Kuz got player options next summer.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

. Please stop comparing Beal to Butler. Butler carried the Heat to the Finals and would have done the same in Philly if Embiid didn't wet the bed.

An awful lot of Jimmy Butler to Miami talk was pretty dismissive of Jimmy…

People acted like he ran to the beach for a payday and couldn’t be the best player on a contender.

You guys make it hard not to call you remedial. You just blasted the damn wizards mgmt. But you’re confident had wizards had cap space they could land tier 1 free agents? What world do you live in? Then you cited Gilbert who was coming of two years in the league as “going to DC”.

Your franchise hasn’t signed anyone significant because the significant players go to the same teams IF they haven’t resigned already. So stop acting like if you have endless cap space maybe Durant and company come there. They wouldn’t. DC IS NO BETTER THAN PHILLY. We have had cap space and signed who? Wake up.

I’ll compare Beal to butler bexuase butler hasn’t carried Jack shit since he was OVER 30. At Beal age he was getting the “lockeroom cancer” treatment. You got amnesia???? Jimmy today was never jimmy 3 or more years ago. You’re kidding me right now.
    Speaking of remedial where did i say this, or anything remotely close to it?

But you’re confident had wizards had cap space they could land tier 1 free agents?
    Grunfeld was our GM for maybe 14 years. He was fired in 2019. We have new people in charge now who have made some positive moves but the main guy was here during Grunfeld's reign of incompetence so we aren't sold on him.

This may be hard for you to understand but in order to sign quality free agents you have to actually have the cap space to do it.

Jimmy was 29 when he almost carried you guys past eventual champs Toronto. Then he carried the Heat to the Finals the following year. This year he carried the Heat to the ECF, something Beal and Embiid have never done, averaging 27 ppg in the playoffs. Did you even watch the playoffs? They were a game away from the Finals ffs.
    Last edited by tontoz; 06-29-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    An awful lot of Jimmy Butler to Miami talk was pretty dismissive of Jimmy…

People acted like he ran to the beach for a payday and couldn’t be the best player on a contender.

Then he got to the Finals his first year there and was a game away from doing the same this year.

Yes he did. A lot of the “You can’t win if that’s your best player” people just need the right situation. I never wanted Jimmy to leave the bulls to begin with.

Yes he did. A lot of the “You can’t win if that’s your best player” people just need the right situation. I never wanted Jimmy to leave the bulls to begin with.

Beal has been with us 10 years. We haven't made the ECF during that time, even with Wall. We have only 4 winning seasons with Beal. Either this isn't the right situation for him or he isn't about winning. Maybe both.

He is pretty good at ignoring the offense and putting up numbers though.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Speaking of remedial where did i say this, or anything remotely close to it?

Grunfeld was our GM for maybe 14 years. He was fired in 2019. We have new people in charge now who have made some positive moves but the main guy was here during Grunfeld's reign of incompetence so we aren't sold on him.

This may be hard for you to understand but in order to sign quality free agents you have to actually have the cap space to do it.

Jimmy was 29 when he almost carried you guys past eventual champs Toronto. Then he carried the Heat to the Finals the following year. This year he carried the Heat to the ECF, something Beal and Embiid have never done, averaging 27 ppg in the playoffs. Did you even watch the playoffs? They were a game away from the Finals ffs.
    Once again IF Wizards had cap space why do you assume you’re signing more than Tobias Harris’s of the world? Again you keep implying wizards never had cap space to sign anyone as if you really think the Wizards were ever on a wish list lol Don’t give a got damn how much history you think that city has. Top tier free agents were not going to flock there my guy. I just exposed what free agents my sixers signed. If you think DC is more of a hot spot than Philly you’re delusional.

Jimmy did NOT carry the sixers. What are you talking about? We really forgot who jimmy was said to be prior to arriving in Philly huh? Jesus.

Butler career didn’t start when he signed with Miami

The irony! Lol

Jimmy didn’t make the ecf till 2020 himself. Plenty of legends never do as a significant contributor. I was actually surprised Beal had the playoff wins he did. I remembered you beating us but I forgot you knocked out Toronto and beat one of those fraud hawks teams. I remembered the 7 game series vs Boston when he had the big game 7 but I was thinking it was first round.

Lot of those kinda series blend together.

The wizards haven’t been like a laughing stock or anything. More respectable than I assumed. You’re not the Kings or anything. Other than that Webber run I don’t think they won a playoff series since Oscar Robertson in maybe 1963.

The wizards have been almost acceptable the last 5-10 years. Not good. But not disgusting. I watched them heavily in the Jordan years but dropped them soon after.

Once again IF Wizards had cap space why do you assume you’re signing more than Tobias Harris’s of the world? Again you keep implying wizards never had cap space to sign anyone as if you really think the Wizards were ever on a wish list lol Don’t give a got damn how much history you think that city has. Top tier free agents were not going to flock there my guy. I just exposed what free agents my sixers signed. If you think DC is more of a hot spot than Philly you’re delusional.

Jimmy did NOT carry the sixers. What are you talking about? We really forgot who jimmy was said to be prior to arriving in Philly huh? Jesus.

Butler career didn’t start when he signed with Miami

DC is the nations capital and one of the richest areas in the country. Philly is neither.

If a team doesn't have cap space year after year after year there is no way to know whether free agents would be willing to come here. The only thing we know for sure that the best players here haven't left in spite of poor management. Arenas and Wall both could have easily left as UFAs if they wanted to. Beal has that same choice now.

Jimmy was easily Philly's best player against the Raps in 2019. Nobody was even close to him and they were a fluke shot away from advancing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Are you dudes honestly comparing Bradly Beal to Jimmy Butler?