Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default I was wrong about the 2016 Finals. I'm Sorry Lebron Fans

This cancer Kyrie has been allowed to kill multiple teams now solely because playing with Lebron allowed him to fool a bunch of GMs and casual fans that he is a good player. What player has been able to coast on such an undeserved reputation?

I credited Kyrie for "saving" Brans legacy but I was so wrong.

Default Re: I was wrong about the 2016 Finals. I'm Sorry Lebron Fans

your repentance is accepted

You can’t ever take 2016 away from him, he played great, destroyed Curry h2h, and hit one of the biggest shots in history to help win the title.

But half a decade since he left Cleveland it’s become obvious he’s not the player people thought he was going to be. He’s now on his way to completely bombing with TWO different franchises, both of whom were championship contenders.

In a way, you could argue 2016 was the worst thing that could’ve happened to Kyrie. I think he developed a Kobe with Shaq complex where he thought he could win championships as the man, and it’s just been a downward spiral of locker room disruption, injury, and poor playoff performance since leaving Cleveland. Let’s see if he has a final act left in him if he does get traded.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Kyrie Irving isn’t a good basketball player? A 7x all star who would have been a 10x all star if it wasn’t for some injuries. A guy in an 11 year career averaging 23/4/6 isn’t a great basketball player? The fact you’re making this thread is proof he is …

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Kyrie Irving isn’t a good basketball player? A 7x all star who would have been a 10x all star if it wasn’t for some injuries. A guy in an 11 year career averaging 23/4/6 isn’t a great basketball player? The fact you’re making this thread is proof he is …
    I'm gonna let you (and 3ball) in on a little secret.

There's more to basketballl than scoring. Steve Francis can score. Is he a great basketball player?

Kyrie is/was a great scorer. Kyrie is a good basketball player.

OP,

It takes a real man to admit their wrongs and sack up like you did. Many deranged posters here would benefit from doing that if they were man enough like you. Much respect. LeFam acknowledges this

Kyrie is a great player in a vacuum and at that point was the perfect fit for Lebron, better than Wade, Bosh or Love. His problem is that his ego got to him after two good finals performances and that anything he has to offer as a human being outside of throwing an orange rubber ball is useless for most teammates and teams.

I think he could somewhat redeem himself along Lebron, but he has to be kept in check.

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@# View Post
    This cancer Kyrie has been allowed to kill multiple teams now solely because playing with Lebron allowed him to fool a bunch of GMs and casual fans that he is a good player. What player has been able to coast on such an undeserved reputation?

I credited Kyrie for "saving" Brans legacy but I was so wrong.
    As a LeBron historian....

Kyrie was really ****ing good when Bron played with him in Cleveland. Its after 2017 that all things went downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I'm gonna let you (and 3ball) in on a little secret.

There's more to basketballl than scoring. Steve Francis can score. Is he a great basketball player?

Kyrie is/was a great scorer. Kyrie is a good basketball player.
    My favorite players play defense? What are you talking about?

That’s why I eviscerate LeBron. Hollow numbers and hasn’t played good defense since 2014. Thus getting spanked in the Finals with tremendous amounts of offensive talent around him, like Kyrie, and then couldn’t make the playoffs in 2019 and 2022. And lost in round one in 2021 with a series lead. No defense.

I’m gonna let you in on a secret … you’re a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    You can’t ever take 2016 away from him, he played great, destroyed Curry h2h, and hit one of the biggest shots in history to help win the title.

But half a decade since he left Cleveland it’s become obvious he’s not the player people thought he was going to be. He’s now on his way to completely bombing with TWO different franchises, both of whom were championship contenders.

In a way, you could argue 2016 was the worst thing that could’ve happened to Kyrie. I think he developed a Kobe with Shaq complex where he thought he could win championships as the man, and it’s just been a downward spiral of locker room disruption, injury, and poor playoff performance since leaving Cleveland. Let’s see if he has a final act left in him if he does get traded.
    Not totally true. He had the Celtics who lost their second best player, Gordon Hayward, in game 1 of the season … clicking in 2018. And if it wasn’t for an injury they would have probably made the Finals and given GS a better series. Hell the rookie Celtics with Scary Terry went 7 games in the conference finals. Add Kyrie? It’s a wrap. And this years playoffs? KD was straight trash.
    Last edited by WhiteKyrie; 06-25-2022 at 12:09 PM.

That’s why I eviscerate LeBron. Hollow numbers and hasn’t played good defense since 2014. Thus getting spanked in the Finals with tremendous amounts of offensive talent around him, like Kyrie, and then couldn’t make the playoffs in 2019 and 2022. And lost in round one in 2021 with a series lead. No defense.

Not totally true. He had the Celtics who lost their second best player, Gordon Hayward, in game 1 of the season … clicking in 2018. And if it wasn’t for an injury they would have probably made the Finals and given GS a better series. Hell the rookie Celtics with Scary Terry went 7 games in the conference finals. Add Kyrie? It’s a wrap. And this years playoffs? KD was straight trash.
    Kyrie was crap before LeBron, and crap after LeBron.

Kyrie needs facilitators in order to function optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Kyrie was crap before LeBron, and crap after LeBron.

Kyrie needs facilitators in order to function optimally.
    Crap?

He was a number 1 pick and was a clear rising star. Playing on a shit Cleveland roster and was only 3 seasons in the league after quickly leaving Duke.

Destroyed Team USA in scrimmages multiple times.

And was THE reason cowardly LeBron was in a rush to tuck tail and come back to Cleveland after bailing on his “friend” D-Wade after his body was starting to break down.

He took that same team that came within a few minutes of knocking off apex LeBron and making the Finals without him to a backdoor sweep in the 2nd round, a series he was absolutely atrocious in.

And sure, KD sucked against the Celtics, but after Game 1 Kyrie was terrible too.

Crap?

He was a number 1 pick and was a clear rising star. Playing on a shit Cleveland roster and was only 3 seasons in the league after quickly leaving Duke.

Destroyed Team USA in scrimmages multiple times.

And was THE reason cowardly LeBron was in a rush to tuck tail and come back to Cleveland after bailing on his “friend” D-Wade after his body was starting to break down.
    Kyrie has 8 years of NBA seasons without LeBron and has done nothing for all 8 of those seasons.

Not one ECF or finals without Bron.

Kyrie is an amazing scoring talent, but his career without LeBron for 8 seasons has been extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    He took that same team that came within a few minutes of knocking off apex LeBron and making the Finals without him to a backdoor sweep in the 2nd round, a series he was absolutely atrocious in.

And sure, KD sucked against the Celtics, but after Game 1 Kyrie was terrible too.
    Kyrie played bad in the 2019 playoffs but that season the Celtics had a massive amount of chemistry issues that had nothing to do with Kyrie.

The team was beefing with the implementation of Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown was all pouty and the hierarchy of the team was disjointed because there was a glut at small forward with Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum. Don’t get it twisted, Kyrie played trash, but he wasn’t the sole reason they lost.

In 2021? If he doesn’t get injured, they probably win the finals.

And this year as I said, Kevin Durant had one of the worst series I’ve ever seen from a mega star. Anybody who blames this year’s playoffs on Kyrie is a moron. He was fasting during Ramadan end in game one was clutch as hell when KD was no where to be found … But then yes he did his material thing that he pulled in 2019 with the Celtics where he just visibly disengaged.

But I don’t know why LeBron Fans would get on him for that, the dude has done the same thing.

In 2010 Eastern conference semi‘s, 2011 finals, 2014 finals, 2015 game six of the finals, 2018 finals from overtime of game 1 through the rest of the series, totally quit and threw his teammates under the bus. And also in the 2021 first round and also this whole past season.

Touchy, touchy.

So let me make sure you're as retarded as I thought. The guy in the 2016 Finals that led ALL PLAYERS in ALL STATISTICAL categories, including BLOCKS and STEALS was not playing good defense?

Look, Kobe is top 12 now and that hurts as a fan of his, right? LeBron eviscerated any chance of Brickbe being top ten but please don't take it out on LeGoat. He was a better defender than any top 5 guy, period.