Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Is Draymond Green's podcasting during the playoffs/finals a problem to you?

Title.

Imagine if you were on that team. Would you be a little irked by it? Seems like he's prioritizing his own ventures and not being 100% locked in on the job at hand. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I just don't know. Some people in that organization are probably side eying the man.

National High School Star

Default Re: Is Draymond Green's podcasting during the playoffs/finals a problem to you?

i have no idea whether it effects him or not

i don't watch it anyway

sounds like he'll say something like we need to play harder

which begs the question are they not getting paid enough to play hard every game

what a joke

or do they like many people grasp at straws to explain things they don't understand

maybe he's just cold

maybe he's getting older and isn't as good anymore and can't just say that

Banned

Default Re: Is Draymond Green's podcasting during the playoffs/finals a problem to you?

A problem to me? Not so much.
    A problem to his team and their chances of winning? Probably.

the fact that I have to explain to kids as to why that's an undesirable trait/tactic does make it a problem to me.

3-time NBA All-Star

It shouldn't be. This is the dumbest shit I've heard tbh. The guy is literally sitting down and talking about the game. How in the f*ck is that hurting him and his team. What in the hell do people think everyone else is doing after the game? They're chillin and Going out for dinner talking about the game. Only difference is it isn't being recorded. I swear people will fish for anything to criticize people over

its weird af

imagine pippen or harper just casually podcasting during finals' series

bitch focus on the game

you dont need to put yourself out there right now

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    It shouldn't be. This is the dumbest shit I've heard tbh. The guy is literally sitting down and talking about the game. How in the f*ck is that hurting him and his team. What in the hell do people think everyone else is doing after the game? They're chillin and Going out for dinner talking about the game. Only difference is it isn't being recorded. I swear people will fish for anything to criticize people over
    Main thing here is, in playoffs there is pressure and most players try to stay away from any extra attention even social media. Trash talk off court also happens less. Any of this wouldn't be a problem when you are winning but when you are losing it might be irritating to your teammates and fans.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Main thing here is, in playoffs there is pressure and most players try to stay away from any extra attention even social media. Trash talk off court also happens less. Any of this wouldn't be a problem when you are winning but when you are losing it might be irritating to your teammates and fans.
    I don't think his teammates care. Maybe some idiotic fans do but that's gonna happen regardless. I agree in the most sensitive era ever it's not great optics but dray don't give a shit about that.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    its weird af

imagine pippen or harper just casually podcasting during finals' series

bitch focus on the game

you dont need to put yourself out there right now
    Dude he's literally focussing on the game the whole time. The man is sitting down and talking about the game. It's no different than every other player except he's talking into a mic instead of to his wife or friends. This has to be the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

Dude he's literally focussing on the game the whole time. The man is sitting down and talking about the game. It's no different than every other player except he's talking into a mic instead of to his wife or friends. This has to be the most retarded shit I've ever heard.
    no one here cares about your takes

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

I don't think his teammates care. Maybe some idiotic fans do but that's gonna happen regardless. I agree in the most sensitive era ever it's not great optics but dray don't give a shit about that.
    I don't have any problem with it and obviously coaches don't learn anything new from his podcast. But it has nothing to do with this sensitive era. In fact i can see more people criticizing him if it was the past because its not a traditional thing to do. I can't see Pippen doing this while playing with MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    I don't have any problem with it and obviously coaches don't learn anything new from his podcast. But it has nothing to do with this sensitive era. In fact i can see more people criticizing him if it was the past because its not a traditional thing to do. I can't see Pippen doing this while playing with MJ.
    bingo.

but that guy thinks its appropriate draymond makes fun of a reporter asking a sensible q most agree with

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

I dont like it very much no matter how he plays. It sends a weird message to the fans.. like you can play like shit and go on a podcast and turn on your media hat... it's like your half-retired already. Just feels super weird.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I dont like it very much no matter how he plays. It sends a weird message to the fans.. like you can play like shit and go on a podcast and turn on your media hat... it's like your half-retired already. Just feels super weird.
    I agree with this on one hand, obviously players are entitled to their own lives, but I think they get plenty of leeway to focus on such things in the regular season plus they get an off season, so youd think for a few weeks of a playoff run they could stay fully focused.

On the other hand, if this is simply what he does to stay in routine and keep things status quo between games, I suppose theres no real harm in the act of doing the podcast itself. I mean nobody’s gonna sit in silence and meditate for 24 hours straight between games. I dont think a couple hours talking in a mic is gonna prevent him from playing well.

As others said, it’s jut the optics that feels a bit strange. Hes basically doing individual self promotion at the same time the team is playing the most important series of the year. But in reality its prob not actually changing anything.

As long as hes prepared for how it may be perceived if they end up losing.

Not at all.