Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Harden bites the dust.. KD bites the dust... so mj is goat scorer... BY FAR

30.1 PPG reg season
    33.4 PPG playoffs
    33.6 PPG finals

10 scoring titles

The bar for ANYONE else is 30 points. For MJ, 30 points was the floor.

Certified, cemented & sealed. So easy being a fan of da GOAT.

Default Re: Harden bites the dust.. KD bites the dust... so mj is goat scorer... BY FAR

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I proved that LeBron is the greatest scorer of all time already:

Not Jordan. Not Kareem. LeBron holds the official title of having scored the most points in NBA history on the NBA basketball court.

Jordan could not achieve this record.
    Kareem held this record for 30 years until it was just broken by the greatest player / scorer of all time.

To surpass LeBron, the next human would have to:

Average 27ppg for 19 straight years averaging 71 games a season.
    +
    Average 27ppg for 19 straight playoffs with an average games played of 15 games per playoffs.

Impossible. Unbreakable.
    By your logic.

Pete Rose da GOAT
    Emmitt Smith da GOAT
    And if Oveckin breaks Gretzky's goals record, he da GOAT right?

Keep clinging to those longevity stats, it's cute. DOMINANCE is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1 View Post
    Remind me who MJ was “overpowering” in the 80’s when one of his biggest stories is of how he had to bulk up?

MJ NEVER PLAYED ANYONE, during his winning years, that had anyone that had to make him work as a defender. There are NO great scorers at his position from his 6 winning 90’s years. NONE! Wait…I take that back before someone gets on here talking about Grant Hill, Mitch Richmond, or even Clyde.. Hill and Richmond never were competitive. Clyde played in the West and I don’t think he holds any scoring records.

Today’s players are three level scorers that are explosive off the dribble and at the rim. Not only that, but there is at least 3 or more players like that on pretty much EVERY TEAM. Players have to be extraordinary to be in the league at the guard or wing position now. There’s no coming from a grocery store, John Starks, and starting in the league.
    Bron not making the playoffs this year really did it for ya bro huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    30.1 PPG reg season
    33.4 PPG playoffs
    33.6 PPG finals

10 scoring titles

30 in the non-inflated stats era.

Will never be matched

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I proved that LeBron is the greatest scorer of all time already:

Not Jordan. Not Kareem. LeBron holds the official title of having scored the most points in NBA history on the NBA basketball court.

Jordan could not achieve this record.
    Kareem held this record for 30 years until it was just broken by the greatest player / scorer of all time.

To surpass LeBron, the next human would have to:

Average 27ppg for 19 straight years averaging 71 games a season.
    +
    Average 27ppg for 19 straight playoffs with an average games played of 15 games per playoffs.

Impossible. Unbreakable.
    How sweet it is to have the unbreakable.

30.1 PPG reg season
    33.4 PPG playoffs
    33.6 PPG finals

10 scoring titles

And dont get me started on the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

And dont get me started on the rest
    27 PPG is the bar for LeGOAT. That's nice and worthy of top 5-7ish material but you in the room with da GOAT cutie. Minimum requirement is 30 PPG. And sorry Bron doesn't qualify.

Also, had KAJ played right out of HS like LeGOAT, he would've put that record way out of reach.

27 PPG is the bar for LeGOAT. That's nice and worthy of top 5-7ish material but you in the room with da GOAT cutie. Minimum requirement is 30 PPG. And sorry Bron doesn't qualify.

Also, had KAJ played right out of HS like LeGOAT, he would've put that record way out of reach.
    Bron struggles to put up Jordan's career average in a single season...in the inflated stats era too...I think he's done it twice in 19 years.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1 View Post
    Remind me who MJ was “overpowering” in the 80’s when one of his biggest stories is of how he had to bulk up?

MJ NEVER PLAYED ANYONE, during his winning years, that had anyone that had to make him work as a defender. There are NO great scorers at his position from his 6 winning 90’s years. NONE! Wait…I take that back before someone gets on here talking about Grant Hill, Mitch Richmond, or even Clyde.. Hill and Richmond never were competitive. Clyde played in the West and I don’t think he holds any scoring records.

Today’s players are three level scorers that are explosive off the dribble and at the rim. Not only that, but there is at least 3 or more players like that on pretty much EVERY TEAM. Players have to be extraordinary to be in the league at the guard or wing position now. There’s no coming from a grocery store, John Starks, and starting in the league.

Today's players don't score at all 3 levels - no one has the kind of impossible-to-guard mid-range game that everyone had back then - KD is a weak bitch and easy to lock down, while Harden has zero midrange.. ditto Tatum - his midrange is among the worst ever

So who is scoring at all 3 levels?.. Almost no one then or now..

Only Jordan, Bird, Clyde.... and Magic actually shot 39% on 4 attempts in 1990 and then shot like Lebron in 91' (32% or so)

So almost no one aside from Bird, MJ and maybe Kawhi can be elite at all 3 levels

PPG?

I don't reward 1st round stat padders. Do you?
    I don't reward quitters. Do you?

Totals. Always.

No one says most touchdowns per game.
    No one says most homeruns per game.

Check mate.
    Last edited by Shooter; 05-14-2022 at 09:50 PM.

PPG?

I don't reward 1st round stat padders. Do you?
    I don't reward quitters. Do you?
    You just reward losers...

Which makes sense....losers reward losers...

You fvcking basement dwelling, ISH living, dorito stained d1ck loser

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    You just reward losers...

Which makes sense....losers reward losers...

You fvcking basement dwelling, ISH living, dorito stained d1ck loser
    Points = scoring = winning

Check mate, Fakkit m8

Banned

Points = scoring = winning

Check mate, Fakkit m8
    Lol. Another low-IQ gem from this clown.

Points only = winning if you can hold the opposing team to fewer points, genius. It's kind of how basketball works.

"Points = scoring = winning"....how'd that formula work out for your hero Bronie, who was gunning for the scoring title and slacking off on defense all year? He almost won the scoring title you know. Oh wait, he ended up 11th seed in the lottery.

I guess that just destroys your argument and makes you an idiot.

Banned

Wilt is a notable exception to this.

By your logic.

Pete Rose da GOAT
    Emmitt Smith da GOAT
    And if Oveckin breaks Gretzky's goals record, he da GOAT right?

Keep clinging to those longevity stats, it's cute. DOMINANCE is what matters.

If Ovechkin breaks Gretzky's scoring record he will be the goat goal scorer yes.

Ovechkin did it in a much more competitive era of hockey.
    Was amongst the most dominant scorers in his era.
    Has the dominant scoring longevity.
    Peak scoring.

Bron is a greater scorer than Jordan. I proved this already.