Default Derek Fisher buzzer beater against the Spurs back in 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-u4pIQyjfE

That was one of the greatest buzzer beaters of all time

Banned

Default Re: Derek Fisher buzzer beater against the Spurs back in 2004

It was an amazing shot, but if the shot clock was started properly right after he touched the ball, it wouldn't have counted.

Kobe's and Duncan's shots right before that were epic as well. One of the greatest endings to a game I've ever seen. Both teams thought they'd won the game at least two times, and it was hilarious how the entire Lakers' roster & staff ran to the locker room before they could even review the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    It was an amazing shot, but if the shot clock was started properly right after he touched the ball, it wouldn't have counted.
    Fisher got it up as fast as humanly possible, they deserved that shot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Fisher got it up as fast as humanly possible, they deserved that shot.

The shot clock was started too late after he touched the ball, allowing him to get the shot off in time, which he wouldn't have been able to do if the shot clock was started properly:

I will say that it was extremely difficult for the shot clock operator to start the clock properly, so I'm not saying it was "fixed" or anything. But the fact is that it started too late.

The shot clock was started too late after he touched the ball, allowing him to get the shot off in time, which he wouldn't have been able to do if the shot clock was started properly:

I will say that it was extremely difficult for the shot clock operator to start the clock properly, so I'm not saying it was "fixed" or anything. But the fact is that it started too late.
    Yeah, he definitely got a .1 or .2 extra but he got it off before the buzzer, so it's a good shot. Hard to time that perfectly as you have to take reaction time into account, it would have been worse if they started the clock before he even caught it and gave him 0 chance of making the shot.

Since we only have 0.x seconds and not 0.xx we don't know if it already started when he touched it. If it went down to 0.3 the moment he touched it and the buzzer sounds the very moment it goes from 0.1 to 0.0 0.4 would mean 0.3 in reality.

It’s weird he and Horry, two career role players, both hit so many game winners and other massive shots.