Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Pat Beverly on watching film of Gobert.

“I’m watching film on Rudy and I’m like ‘man, what’s the French word for garbage?’”

Is it the social media eras immediate access to everybody’s thoughts and half the sideline comments or is he the most disrespected defensive player with his accolades?

I don’t recall many people talking the way lots of guards and bigs have about him about say….Ben Wallace. Towards the end of Dwight’s healthy prime he got some mocking I suppose. Noah rubbed some the wrong way with his mouth. So does Dray. Mutombo had haters I suppose but not very vocal among players. People wanted to dunk on him to say they had but it didn’t seem this level of disrespect.

Whatever our resident fanatic who thinks(like all fanatics) he’s just telling the truth may do to annoy you all of you know Gobert is in fact a top tier interior defender. Why do you think so many players are just openly like:

Banned

Default Re: Pat Beverly on watching film of Gobert.

Yeah, I don't get all the Gobert hate. He's not nearly as good as that Xiao guy likes to make him out to be, and he clearly has some offensive holes, but he's a top tier defender, no question about it. Not sure why everyone hates him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Yeah, I don't get all the Gobert hate. He's not nearly as good as that Xiao guy likes to make him out to be, and he clearly has some offensive holes, but he's a top tier defender, no question about it. Not sure why everyone hates him.
    He's not a 3 time DPOTY and perennial all NBAer that has led his team the past 7 years? He's all that he's been made out to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    He's not a 3 time DPOTY and perennial all NBAer that has led his team the past 7 years? He's all that he's been made out to be!
    Why does he lead them disproportionately to regular season success versus playoff success?

Envy. It’s mostly defensive players hating on him. They are jealous I’m guessing. Imagine Rudy playing with 2 or 3 good defense players like the heat or Celtics….wouldn’t even be fair instead he plays with none

Beverly himself is also an overrated defender. And an annoying piece of shit.

If gobert wasnt paid so much ppl wouldnt care.

He eats up 40M and is sometimes not playable.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    if you can tell me how his game has evolved since he's become an all star, I'm okay with admitting that I'm biased. getting stronger with more physicality based on natural age progression does not count.

he's a career FGA% being at .797 in the 0-3 feet range, and .723% of them were assisted.

again, I'm perfectly fine with those numbers, I just think that there are others much more deserving the All-NBA and the All-Defensive when there's 0 range to his game whatsoever.

this is pretty much a follow up part where you tell someone they're a minimum wage worker, they won't accept it, they tell you they are manager level, yet does not deliver and shrinks in the playoff.
    Last edited by GimmeThat; 05-13-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Why does he lead them disproportionately to regular season success versus playoff success?
    it's a team sport. If guys aren't hitting shot or playing D or the coach is getting his ass handed to him there's only so much 1 player can do. Again they've been upset once in the playoffs and that was without their 2nd best player. They've pulled two upsets back in the days when COTM made adjustments.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 05-13-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    if you can tell me how his game has evolved since he's become an all star, I'm okay with admitting that I'm biased. getting stronger with more physicality based on natural age progression does not count.

he's a career FGA% being at .797 in the 0-3 feet range, and .723% of them were assisted.

again, I'm perfectly fine with those numbers, I just think that there are others much more deserving the All-NBA and the All-Defensive when there's 0 range to his game whatsoever.

this is pretty much a follow up part where you tell someone they're a minimum wage worker, they won't accept it, they tell you they are manager level, yet does not deliver and shrinks in the playoff.
    who are these other centers carrying bad teams to the playoffs every year that should be ahead of Gobert? Towns?

Should be keeping bees in France. Doesn't belong in the league at 200mil!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Never seen a multiple time DPOY get exposed defensively in the playoffs as much as Rudy

Most overrated defender of this generation

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    who are these other centers carrying bad teams to the playoffs every year that should be ahead of Gobert? Towns?
    Gobert is worse than both Towns and Robert Williams in BPM you know

National High School Star

1. 50% white

2. 100% french

3. 100% goatbert

It's because he has gotten targeted defensively in the playoffs.