Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Currently reading Pippen’s book

I think the spatial distance between The Great Scott Pippen and Hubert Davis after Davis released the shot would cost like $50 million in terms of New York real estate prices. You could build a skyscraper full of penthouse apartments on that massive chunk of soil.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post

I think the spatial distance between The Great Scott Pippen and Hubert Davis after Davis released the shot would cost like $50 million in terms of New York real estate prices.

Forget the lies in a book - LET'S LOOK AT THE TAPE

Pippen hacks the shit out of Hubert:

Here's what Pippen did right BEFORE the dumb foul on Hubert Davis - he passes up a huge clearout and gives it to BJ for a rushed shot:

Phil was pissed at Pippen after that - he already knew that Pippen couldn't be trusted when it mattered and that he should've gone with Kukoc again:

94' Pippen was outplayed by Ewing in the 2nd Round and Reggie Miller outplayed him against common playoff opponents 5 of 5 times, while Pippen is 0/6 in reaching Horry-level in the Finals (0/6 in reaching Horry's gamescore from the 95' Finals)..

If he can't outplay Ewing, Miller or Horry, how can he beat those teams??.. He already lost to Ewing because Ewing outplayed him, and Miller/Horry have a history of out-performing him against the same playoff opponent or in the Finals - so it's preposterous to think he could beat Miller or Horry/Hakeem when he never played as well as them and couldn't even beat Ewing.

So Pippen was just a low-producing bum that was inflated by the winning spotlight.. He's the only sidekick that was carried in every series (never led or co-led) and never dominated.

He's an Iggy-caliber performer that the winning spotlight inflated to an all-time ranking.. If you can't show me where he dominated and played at a top 50 level, then he's a fraud propped up by the winning spotlight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Forget the lies in a book - LET'S LOOK AT THE TAPE

Pippen hacks the shit out of Hubert:

Here's what Pippen did right BEFORE the dumb foul on Hubert Davis - he passes up a huge clearout and gives it to BJ for a rushed shot:

Phil was pissed at Pippen after that - he already knew that Pippen couldn't be trusted when it mattered and that he should've gone with Kukoc again:

94' Pippen was outplayed by Ewing in the 2nd Round and Reggie Miller outplayed him against common playoff opponents 5 of 5 times, while Pippen is 0/6 in reaching Horry-level in the Finals (0/6 in reaching Horry's gamescore from the 95' Finals)..

If he can't outplay Ewing, Miller or Horry, how can he beat those teams??.. He already lost to Ewing because Ewing outplayed him, and Miller/Horry have a history of out-performing him against the same playoff opponent or in the Finals - so it's preposterous to think he could beat Miller or Horry/Hakeem when he never played as well as them and couldn't even beat Ewing.

So Pippen was just a low-producing bum that was inflated by the winning spotlight.. He's the only sidekick that was carried in every series (never led or co-led) and never dominated.

He's an Iggy-caliber performer that the winning spotlight inflated to an all-time ranking.. If you can't show me where he dominated and played at a top 50 level, then he's a fraud propped up by the winning spotlight.

I think the spatial distance between The Great Scott Pippen and Hubert Davis after Davis released the shot would cost like $50 million in terms of New York real estate prices. You could build a skyscraper full of penthouse apartments on that massive chunk of soil.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Its an absurd premise to make that you "led" a title team when your team was 1 shot away from being down 0-3 in the 2nd round. And then ultimately lost.

And then to say you'd beat Reggie? And HAKEEM after??

If I ever met Scottie pippen and he said this shit to me in person I would have to slap him.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post

Pippen hacked him after the release, which is a foul

Here's the announcer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FbvWSZQkY&t=01m28s

Here's the announcer:

Clearly makes contact after the release, which is a foul.

MJ haters grasping at straws.

Banned

Here's the announcer:

Lol. GoatTits is an undeniable idiot. That's a clear, cut-and-dry foul. It's not even debatable.

Maybe GoatTits is Pippen's ISH username. It would explain a lot...

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Its an absurd premise to make that you "led" a title team when your team was 1 shot away from being down 0-3 in the 2nd round. And then ultimately lost.

And then to say you'd beat Reggie? And HAKEEM after??

If I ever met Scottie pippen and he said this shit to me in person I would have to slap him.

Ewing outplayed Pippen so the Bulls lost

And we know that Miller would outplay Pippen because he outplayed Pippen 6/6 times against the same playoff opponent...

And Pippen would meet Horry in the Finals, where he's 0/6 in matching Horry's performance in the 95' Finals

So he didn't even beat Ewing, yet he's claiming that he would've beaten Miller (who always outplays him) and Horry (who he never matched on the Finals level)

The guy is delusional

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Honestly? Who benefitted more? There's no guarantee that the world wouldve seen Jordan in the same light without Pippen. I don't think he'd be as successful simply because just about any player you'd put in Pippen's place, probably wouldn't be willing to play second fiddle their hole career to Jordan and help cement his teammates legacy at the expense of his own.

Pippen was about one thing and one thing only. WINNING!!!! He didn’t care about personal glory, stats and accolades. Now, I'm sure he looks back on how much disrespect he's recieved and he realizes he should've left to blaze his own trail. I'm happy he didn't. And I appreciate his sacrifice. That's why I defend him so adamantly.
    Preach.

It's not like he refused to go back into a game because he was salty his coach drew up a play for another player to take the last shot instead of him.

Oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus334 View Post
    Preach.

It's not like he refused to go back into a game because he was salty his coach drew up a play for another player to take the last shot instead of him.

Oh wait
    Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus334 View Post
    Preach.

Oh wait
    That's hindsight. He felt he gave the team the best chance to win. He even said he would've been cool inbounding the Ball.

Jackson did the same thing to Jordan in the 98 Finals game 5. The difference was Jordan sabotaged the play and missed.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSC31ShQ...sA1WFo0t46eKZj
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 05-13-2022 at 03:49 PM.

The 1993 Bulls were unmotivated with nothing to prove and going through the motions in the regular season whereas the 1994 Bulls had a chip on their shoulder to prove they were still a great team without MJ. And even then, the 1993 Bulls were clearly much better when looking at statistical metrics.

1993 Bulls: +6.19 SRS (4th), +6.9 NetRtg (2nd), 112.9 ORtg (2nd), 106.1 DRtg (7th)
    1994 Bulls: +2.87 SRS (11th), +3.3 NetRtg (11th), 106.1 ORtg (14th), 102.7 DRtg (6th)

Teams that are 11th in SRS and NetRtg very very rarely win titles. Without Jordan, the Bulls basically went from a historically great offensive team to an average one. If anything, the kind of short-sighted logic by some folks in this thread only props up Jordan's GOAT case.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Clearly makes contact after the release, which is a foul.

MJ haters grasping at straws.
    It's an obvious foul now but those types of fouls were very rarely called back then, thus the outrage afterwards. It was a really big call that changed the outcome of a series that was pretty much dead even.

7-time NBA All-Star

Many misconception itt
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-13-2022 at 04:34 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

: