Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Currently reading Pippen’s book

I’m on chapter 13. In this chapter, he mentions that the refs came back later on and told Pipp that Hue Hollins had screwed up that with that call. He also talks about basically being robbed of a chance to play for a title because the Bulls were 4-1 against the Pacers that season and they had a good chance of taking that series. He said they would’ve had a shot at Houston that year too.

He also asked what would MJ’s legacy be like if the Bulls managed to win a ring without him? It’s funny that he puts that in his book because I’ve spoken on that scenario many of times. We all know why the refs prevented it. Pipp would’ve emerged out of MJ’s shadow and the world would no longer be able to force the idea that MJ was the greatest ever. Now that I think about it, when the last dance dropped the country was on lock down. That was a golden opportunity for them to brainwash a whole new generation of people who never saw MJ play and forcefeed another bullshit narrative that was never true from the start. Mostly all that shit came at Pipp’s expense.

With the way the media hyped up MJ, you’d think the Bulls didn’t stand a chance going into the ‘94 season. He said in his book that nobody expected them to win that many games. They were undefeated at home in the playoffs without their top player. You can’t name one team who had that type of success without their best player.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Currently reading Pippen’s book

I just broke that up into paragraphs I didn’t edit any of the words if you’re wondering.

Banned

Pippen is the best defender I've ever seen and Jordan is the best offensive player I've ever seen. They both deserved each other. Both their legacy also kind of depends on the other.

Is Pippen the most ungrateful 'star' in the history of the NBA? Pippen doesn't get 6 rings, HOF and NBA Top 50 if he never plays with Jordan. He would just be a Kendall Gill level player and eventual 4th option behind Payton, Kemp and Schrempf if he stayed drafted with the Sonics How ungrateful of him to put out books and interviews minimizing Jordan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi_Why_Not View Post
    Pippen is the best defender I've ever seen and Jordan is the best offensive player I've ever seen. They both deserved each other. Both their legacy also kind of depends on the other.
    Jordan and Pippen are probably the greatest duo the game has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Is Pippen the most ungrateful 'star' in the history of the NBA? Pippen doesn't get 6 rings, HOF and NBA Top 50 if he never plays with Jordan. He would just be a Kendall Gill level player and eventual 4th option behind Payton, Kemp and Schrempf if he stayed drafted with the Sonics How ungrateful of him to put out books and interviews minimizing Jordan.
    Yeah, he just comes off like a bitter Bronie now.

NBA All-star

Pippen would have been called the most skilled and not flashy in street pick up game during his era

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1 View Post
    With the way the media hyped up MJ, you’d think the Bulls didn’t stand a chance going into the ‘94 season. He said in his book that nobody expected them to win that many games. They were undefeated at home in the playoffs without their top player. You can’t name one team who had that type of success without their best player.
    in todays era, fans are actually allowed to taunt and heckle players at the game.

Pippen actually had more playoff success than his renowned teammate jordan. He's not just as prominent as those 1st option atgs.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Honestly? Who benefitted more? There's no guarantee that the world wouldve seen Jordan in the same light without Pippen. I don't think he'd be as successful simply because just about any player you'd put in Pippen's place, probably wouldn't be willing to play second fiddle their hole career to Jordan and help cement his teammates legacy at the expense of his own.

Pippen was about one thing and one thing only. WINNING!!!! He didn’t care about personal glory, stats and accolades. Now, I'm sure he looks back on how much disrespect he's recieved and he realizes he should've left to blaze his own trail. I'm happy he didn't. And I appreciate his sacrifice. That's why I defend him so adamantly.

They still wouldn't have won a championship. If Ewing outplayed Pippen in the semis, what would have Hakeem done to him in the Finals?

Pippen is a sore loser. Maybe the Bulls win the series if he doesn't play like shit on offense almost every game? Always blaming someone else but him. He quit on his own damn team because Phil went with Kukoc on the last shot. He didn't have anyone's respect after that.

Banned

"We felt like Charles Smith was fouled the previous year. Maybe things evened out." - Hubert Davis

In other words, Hubert Davis himself admitted that the call in 1994 was basically a payback call for a crap non-call the Bulls got called in their favor in 1993.
    And it all had to do with whether jordon was on the team or not. The fact of the matter was that the 1994 Knicks were a more marketable team than the Bulls without jordon and his legions of extremist stans. Hence, those 55 win without jordon Bulls got screwed. They definitely would've made the finals. But they would've lost against the Rockets since they had no answer for Hakeem. They would've lost against Hakeem with jordon as well though. Hakeem was 6-0 against the 61, 67 and 57 win Bulls in their first three-peat seasons, and he constantly bullied jordon by blocking his shots in the clutch and in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    They still wouldn't have won a championship. If Ewing outplayed Pippen in the semis, what would have Hakeem done to him in the Finals?

Pippen is a sore loser. Maybe the Bulls win the series if he doesn't play like shit on offense almost every game? Always blaming someone else but him. He quit on his own damn team because Phil went with Kukoc on the last shot. He didn't have anyone's respect after that.
    Pippen ran the offense, anchored the defense, and was the Bulls best scorer, while leading the Bulls in scoring, rebounding, assists, and steals, playing against the number one defense in the league in the New York Knicks. Becssue of that, the Bulls beat the Knicks in just about every category. Except rebounding. What killed the Bulls was rebounding. Had they outrebounded the Knicks, they win that series.
    Last edited by 97 bulls; 05-13-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Pippen ran the offense, anchored the defense, and was the Bulls best scorer playing against the number one defense in the league in the New York Knicks. Becssue of that, the Bulls beat the Knicks in just about every category. Except rebounding. What killed the Bulls was rebounding. Had they outrebounded thr Knicks, they win that series.
    He wasn't the best scorer against the Knicks. Grant and BJ both did a lot better. Obviously the Knicks threw their defense at Scottie, but he wasn't good enough to beat that pressure like Jordan to win the series. Knicks only outrebounded the Bulls by 9 in a 7-game series. I think not having a #1 option who could be consistent on offense was a bigger issue for the Bulls, because all the numbers are close in that series, but look at all the close losses and how badly Scottie shot in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He wasn't the best scorer against the Knicks. Grant and BJ both did a lot better. Obviously the Knicks threw their defense at Scottie, but he wasn't good enough to beat that pressure like Jordan to win the series. Knicks only outrebounded the Bulls by 9 in a 7-game series. I think not having a #1 option who could be consistent on offense was a bigger issue for the Bulls, because all the numbers are close in that series, but look at all the close losses and how badly Scottie shot in them.
    That’s your problem bro. You basing your assessments solely on stats. The only reason the rebounding numbers were that close was because the Bulls out rebounded the Knicks in game 6 52-35. Armstrong and Grant were efficient. But they weren’t the number 2 Jordan had in a Scottie Pippen. Hell They were Jordan’s 3rd and arguably 5th best players on the first 3pt.

And why ignore what I said about what Pippen had to do in that series? If Pippen just focused solely on scoring, and baby sits his field goal percentage, the Bulls probably lose in 5 games. And let’s not forget this is the same Knicks team that flummoxed Jordan the year before. The difference is he had Pippen and Grant and Armstrong to help him out.

7-time NBA All-Star

Everyone says that Pippen's book is a bunch of lies.

Pippen said that MJ didn't pass or play defense except MJ averaged more assists than Pippen and got more DPOY votes every year

That's clear-cut proof of lies
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-13-2022 at 01:40 PM.