Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default I don't think Scottie Pippen was a better player than Reggie Miller.

As individual talents, I don't think Scottie Pippen was that much better of a player than Reggie Miller. Pippen played under the perfect conditions during his Bulls tenure sort of how Tim Duncan played under the perfect conditions in his.

If you replaced Pippen for Reggie Miller on those Pacers teams in the 90s, I doubt the Pacers would have been as successful. (Although Pacers never won a championship they were usually a top 6 team in the NBA, or 3rd best in the East).

So the question is...is Pippen REALLY better than Reggie Miller?

Default Re: I don't think Scottie Pippen was a better player than Reggie Miller.

those pacers team needed reggie's shooting and scoring. however the bulls needed pippen's defense. Do the Bulls win 6 titles with miller instead of pippen? I dont think so.

Default Re: I don't think Scottie Pippen was a better player than Reggie Miller.

Reggie Miller has zero:
    •All NBA 1st team
    •All NBA 2nd team
    •All defensive 1st
    •All defensive 2nd
    •Top 3 MVP finishes
    •Top 5 MVP finishes
    •Championships
    •Seasons above 25 ppg

Not a typo.
    Zero. Zilch. Nada. None. Not a one.

He is LITERALLY the most overrated player of all-time.

Here's your Kodak moment Reggie. *click*

He is a good player, would have thrived better in this era of basketball.

I still take Klay Thomson over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Reggie Miller has zero:
    •All NBA 1st team
    •All NBA 2nd team
    •All defensive 1st
    •All defensive 2nd
    •Top 3 MVP finishes
    •Top 5 MVP finishes
    •Championships
    •Seasons above 25 ppg

Not a typo.
    Zero. Zilch. Nada. None. Not a one.

He is LITERALLY the most overrated player of all-time.

Here's your Kodak moment Reggie. *click*
    How is he the most overrated? He had incredible scoring efficiency numbers and usually went up a level in the Playoffs and has a bunch of iconic moments. Pippen peaked a little higher in the mid-90s but it's a lot closer than you're making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    How is he the most overrated? He had incredible scoring efficiency numbers and usually went up a level in the Playoffs and has a bunch of iconic moments. Pippen peaked a little higher in the mid-90s but it's a lot closer than you're making it out to be.
    He's the only player that gets top 75 talk with accolades as shitty as that. Find me one other player that did less:

Reggie Miller has zero:
    •All NBA 1st team
    •All NBA 2nd team
    •All defensive 1st
    •All defensive 2nd
    •Top 3 MVP finishes
    •Top 5 MVP finishes
    •Championships
    •Seasons above 25 ppg

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    He is a good player, would have thrived better in this era of basketball.

I still take Klay Thomson over him.
    Miller had an elite first step, an actual handle, great creativity on and off ball. Reggie had some playmaking ability too.

Klay’s game is as plain as his face. Which is probably why he’s such a good shooter. He’s just this repetitive, stiff guy who shoots the same way billions of times. But that’s it.

Reggie was closer to Curry than to Klay in reality.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

How is he the most overrated?

Your answer is the post above this one.

Disagree. Reggie Miller did become overrated. Not sure if he still is as I don't see him mentioned much anymore. It's because his highlight package is amazing and he's a great competitor. He was also involved in some memorable rivalries.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC View Post
    As individual talents, I don't think Scottie Pippen was that much better of a player than Reggie Miller. Pippen played under the perfect conditions during his Bulls tenure sort of how Tim Duncan played under the perfect conditions in his.

If you replaced Pippen for Reggie Miller on those Pacers teams in the 90s, I doubt the Pacers would have been as successful. (Although Pacers never won a championship they were usually a top 6 team in the NBA, or 3rd best in the East).

So the question is...is Pippen REALLY better than Reggie Miller?
    Pip is a hard one to evaluate. We only have a little more than 1 season and a half to go by in his prime without mj. He was very good during this time but at the end of the day pip wasn't enough of a scoring threat to consistently be a contender. Reggie on the otherhand was alot like steph in that he drew so much defense attention because of his shooting that his impact offensively reach further than his stats. He was also much tougher mentally. This is the reason if i had to choose i'd go with reggie but you can't go wrong either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    Miller had an elite first step, an actual handle, great creativity on and off ball. Reggie had some playmaking ability too.

Klay’s game is as plain as his face. Which is probably why he’s such a good shooter. He’s just this repetitive, stiff guy who shoots the same way billions of times. But that’s it.

Reggie was closer to Curry than to Klay in reality.
    Klay guards other team's best player and has awards to show for it.

An 19/3/3 for his career player is closer to klay thomson than effing Steph Curry

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Klay guards other team's best player and has awards to show for it.

An 19/3/3 for his career player is closer to klay thomson than effing Steph Curry
    You really think reggie is only scoring 19 a game in this era? This era is tailored to his game plus he'd be shooting twice as many threes.

7-time NBA All-Star

Pippen and Miller played the same playoff opponent 6 times:

R Miller vs. 90' Pistons..... 20.7 on 57%... 17.9 usage
    Pippen. vs. 90' Pistons..... 16.6 on 43%... 20.4 usage

R Miller vs 93' Knicks....... 31.5 on 53%... 27.5 usage
    Pippen. vs 93' Knicks....... 22.5 on 51%... 28.4 usage

R Miller vs 94' Knicks....... 24.7 on 44%... 30.1 usage
    Pippen. vs 94' Knicks....... 21.7 on 41%... 31.7 usage

R Miller vs 95' Magic........ 25.9 on 52%... 26.2 usage
    Pippen. vs 95' Magic........ 19.0 on 42%... 23.1 usage

R Miller vs 00' Lakers....... 24.3 on 41%... 25.0 usage
    Pippen. vs 00' Lakers....... 15.1 on 43%... 19.5 usage
    Pippen. vs 99' Lakers....... 18.3 on 33%... 23.5 usage

R Miller 98' ECF............... 17.4 on 41%... 21.1 usage
    Pippen. 98' ECF............... 16.6 on 39%... 26.0 usage

Miller had numerous conference finals and Finals runs without a single all-star teammate, while Pippen was barely .500 in 95' before MJ came back and carried him to another 3-peat (pippen averaged 17 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs).
    Last edited by 3ba11; 04-23-2022 at 12:52 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    You really think reggie is only scoring 19 a game in this era? This era is tailored to his game plus he'd be shooting twice as many threes.

In the 1992 - 2002 Playoffs, Miller averaged 24 ppg on 60% true shooting, including 41% threes on 6 attempts... He would average more in today's game by shooting a lot more threes and FT's

Miller dominated many series with 25-30 ppg and destroyed Kobe in the Finals, or peak Ray Allen in 02' - so Miller was absolutely that top-level dominant perimeter player that would explode in today's format.. It's an insult to compare a low-producing system player and transition player like Pippen to a dominant player like Miller

7-time NBA All-Star

Regular Season

Hornacek'.... 17.7 PER.. 2.9 bpm.. 0.153 ws/48.. 42.1 vorp on 33,964 min.. 15/3/5 on 58.2 ts
    Klay............ 16.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.110 ws/48.. 14.4 vorp on 20,380 min.. 19/3/2 on 57.5 ts

Playoffs

Hornacek'.... 16.5 PER.. 3.1 bpm.. 0.145 ws/48.. 14.1 vorp on 4766 min.. 15/4/4 on 57.5 ts
    Klay............ 14.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.091 ws/48.... 3.1 vorp on 4570 min.. 19/3/2 on 56.0 ts