Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Durant says Embiid is the real MVP, voters biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    and yet they've been to 15 nba finals between the 2....how did they manage to do that with such a bad eye for talent????
    Well Lebron is Lebron and I'm not here to criticize the GOAT.

But the Warriors recruited KD to come to them when they already had a squad, so it wasn't exactly a tough call. Harden and Irving are the only guys he's handpicked to join him, and so far that's not working out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Bullshit.

The only reason KD feels compelled to make Embiid's case, is because Embiid is black and Jokic is a white euro.

If Embiid was the white euro, he would in no way make the case against his fellow black American.

And that's the sad truth.
    Same reason honkeys on here making a case for jokic it goes both ways snitch

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Bullshit.

The only reason KD feels compelled to make Embiid's case, is because Embiid is black and Jokic is a white euro.

If Embiid was the white euro, he would in no way make the case against his fellow black American.

Giannis is black....Embiid is not american......seek immediate psychological help

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    LOL.

Jokic leads Joel in every stat except PPG (by 3.5) and BPG (by 0.6)

Jokic also demolishes him in all the advanced stats as well as the normal stats.
    This is true, and he was missing his 2nd and 3rd best players on the team all year.

But I would still prefer to see Embiid win it, because this is the first year we saw Embiid take himself seriously. He still didn’t play a full season, but when he played, he finally showed what he is truly capable of.

I wish some of my brethren could get past a slow doughy Balkan’s white skin. His people literally NEVER opressed Africans. His people NEVER owned African slaves, EVER. But his people were owned as slaves.

If we really want to get deep into history, SLAVIC people with -ic suffixes on their names, were SLAVes to the Roman Empire & Ottoman Empire, FOR LONGER THAN AFRICANS were SLAVes to the Spanish/Portuguese/Jews/British/French man. “White skin” does not equal slave owner, often, for the white-skinned people with klunky last names that are hard to pronounce, they themselves were slaves too, to either Romans, Turks, Arabs, etc.

Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis all deserve this year’s MVP, and skin color has nothing to do with it.

Grow up and don’t let our great great great grandparents trauma haunt us.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 04-12-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Same reason honkeys on here making a case for jokic it goes both ways snitch
    the media would LOVE to guy with the new guy over the already MVP winner who has no chance of winning this year....

they don't simply because he is the mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    This is true, and he was missing his 2nd and 3rd best players on the team all year.

But I would still prefer to see Embiid win it, because this is the first year we saw Embiid take himself seriously. He still didn’t play a full season, but when he played, he finally showed what he is truly capable of.

I wish some of my brethren could get past a slow doughy Balkan’s white skin. If we really want to get deep into history, SLAVIC people with -ic suffixes on their names, were slaves to the Roman Empire & Ottoman Empire, FOR LONGER THAN AFRICANS were slaves to the Spanish/Portuguese/Jews/British/French man. “White skin” does not equal slave owner, often, for the white people with klunky last names that are hard to pronounce, they themselves were slaves too, to either Romans, Turks, Arabs, etc.

Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis all deserve this year’s MVP, and skin color has nothing to do with it.

Grow up and don’t let our great great great grandparents trauma haunt us.
    Memphis was missing ja for alot of the year and they still did good. The 2nd and 3rd best player thing is the most bullsh1t excuse

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Nobody has to worry. Embiid isn't winning MVP anytime soon. Jokic has it in the bag.

But notice that in this thread, as per usual throughout the internet, as soon as the mere mention of Embiid as MVP, everyone comes running out of the rafters trying to quote advance stats and stories about how shit the Nuggets team is.

That is the sort of thing KD is referring too. Point proven as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Nobody has to worry. Embiid isn't winning MVP anytime soon. Jokic has it in the bag.

But notice that in this thread, as per usual throughout the internet, as soon as the mere mention of Embiid as MVP, everyone comes running out of the rafters trying to quote advance stats and stories about how shit the Nuggets team is.

That is the sort of thing KD is referring too. Point proven as far as I can see.

That's nonsense. Even the people in this thread who say Jokic should be the MVP will acknowledge Embiid as 2 or 3 in the race.

And while I think Jokic is the favorite I don't think he has it in the bag. I also think Embiid and Giannis have had MVP caliber seasons. They just ran up against a buzzsaw.

Jokic has a decisive statistical advantage. Getting 3 more wins isn't enough to make up the difference.

National High School Star

Bullshit.

Durant only has 1 MVP I don't think he likes the idea of Jokic who doesn't have a ring (and may never get one) having two MVP's.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

Lolwut.

Durant said people just like his personality.

Advanced stats and amount of support are arguments people use every single year and have nothing to do with anyone’s personality.

So, uhh...

Very good NBA starter

Embiid doesn't deserve to win because he is a flopper.

It's that simple.

If you go the flopping route of basketball, then you start the season with a handicap.

I bet Durant isn't even aware Jokic shoots over 12% better than Embiid on 2s and that is where most points come from.

Durant didn't even play against Jokic at all this season. He doesn't have any special insight about Jokic's value.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Memphis was missing ja for alot of the year and they still did good. The 2nd and 3rd best player thing is the most bullsh1t excuse
    memphis has 7-9 guys who are positives other than ja including jaren jackson jr. who lead the league in bpg and could make the all defensive team

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I bet Durant isn't even aware Jokic shoots over 12% better than Embiid on 2s and that is where most points come from.

Durant didn't even play against Jokic at all this season. He doesn't have any special insight about Jokic's value.
    I was going to say that Durant has played Embiid 4 times and Jokic zero so there's an obvious bias there

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    I was going to say that Durant has played Embiid 4 times and Jokic zero so there's an obvious bias there
    Which is fine, Durant can give credit to a guy that kicked their asses all year.

But it's weird Philly fans think anyone should see it as some kind of 'Aha!' moment.