Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I need to get onto some teams media staff just to be an agent of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I think it’s kinda like Still Fly.

Two of the worst people to ever get on a mic but that song would absolutely be worse with good rappers.

We wouldn’t even remember that song with most competent rappers. It wouldn’t be fun.

Song songs are more than the sum of their parts. That beat and better verses might absolutely equal a shit song we don’t remember.
    That song was actually good.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I need to get onto some teams media staff just to be an agent of chaos.

It was good. But you could write better verses. That’s the point.

Its absolute nonsense, terrible subject matter, and kindergarten level rhyming.

Its also classic.

Sometimes it works out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It was good. But you could write better verses. That’s the point.

Its absolute nonsense, terrible subject matter, and kindergarten level rhyming.

Its also classic.

Sometimes it works out that way.
    I don't like Birdman and dont think anybody would consider him a good rapper but the flow he had in that 1st and 3rd verse was pretty ridiculous. His voice matched the beat, no matter how elementary the lyrics were. This dolph guy isn't even matching rhythm to the beat. He's just monotone talking gangster over a drop back. There s no bounce to it.

"The Birdman dead? I fly in any weather..." drop was too legit. Its about the flow and the beat to me.