Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I need to get onto some teams media staff just to be an agent of chaos.

How do those arena people keep playing the same bullshit songs and chants?

How isn’t there some rebel playing 100 Shots when someone fragile like Westbrook starts missing? You may not know it but I assure you people who go out to the kinds of places nba players seem to frequent would get it:

The moment that first note hits 90% of the nba would know there was a jack/smartass running the audio that night. Keep playing that one note for every miss and if he gets to like 15 jump to “How the **** you miss a whole hundred shots!” and see if his face would betray that he gets it.

A song made by a guy who survived a shooting of over 100 shots at his car none of which hit him….who was later shot 22 times when he was caught up to? Yes…id likely be fired if whoever runs the arena knew the reference. But it would be a glorious week long run.

There is nothing more boring than the arenas announcer, music, and “entertainment” during commercial breaks. They have a zero percent success rate. Let me or Jalen Rose(who I’m told picks the often off the wall music on some espn games) run wild. Show some personality. Those of you who actually go to games….isn’t the arena guy just the worst?

Going to games has not improved one bit since the 80s other than smoking being eliminated. 40 years of advances to hear the same organ music.

I don’t go to that many different arenas these days(mostly college games) so maybe I’m off nation wide but I doubt it.

Default Re: I need to get onto some teams media staff just to be an agent of chaos.

Complex Did an interview with Jalen about picking all that music and apparently he is a bit of a DJ and Disney gives him more leeway than you might think:

. When you guys pick the songs—you, Amina, and Ty—do you ever get any pushback from Disney or any other higher-ups in terms of what tracks are being played or rights to the songs? How does that actually play out?
    So I’m glad you brought that up. The thing that makes our ABC show more unique than any show on television is that we have the Disney umbrella. And because Disney is just not sports but it’s entertainment, they provide us with a jukebox of records that we can use on their network. So we just go by that and we narrow it down to songs like "We Gonna Make It". Like, you just don’t get to that by [accident]. "So Fresh, So Clean" when you’re going to see Russell [Westbrook] or James Harden or Dwyane Wade…guys that’s about their fashion. It definitely has a theme. I’m old enough to remember when soundtracks mirrored the records and the movie so that’s the approach.

I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t get away with 100 shots though.

Default Re: I need to get onto some teams media staff just to be an agent of chaos.

They're not allowed, are they?

King's did it to Westbrook and got banned from doing it again

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/01/14...ell-westbrook/

You would not believe the lengths I would go searching for ways to circumvent such a ban. They would have to just ban music

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    You would not believe the lengths I would go searching for ways to circumvent such a ban. They would have to just ban music
    I'd actually love to see it, because I agree with you

I know this might potentially be hard for you to believe but the people in these organizations?

They're just people.

They're not that smart.

Some of them are, but most aren't.

Some of them get paid hundreds of thousands if not millions and they're just... average intelligence. It's rampant bruh. It just is what it is.

I know for a fact you would make a better GM than a good portion of league GMs, were an owner not to get involved.

Banned

During the Lakers starting lineup you could play "Send In the Clowns".

westbrook would be fuming

If Memphis can play whoop dat trick they can play 100 shots. Dolph is more iconic in that city than any nba player(unfortunately).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

A song made by a guy who survived a shooting of over 100 shots at his car none of which hit him….
    Given his lyrical talent and what it took for him to get a deal, Satan must be been guarding him.

I've seen Young Dolph live. Good choice and good show.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Given his lyrical talent and what it took for him to get a deal, Satan must be been guarding him.

That isn’t really what makes a song though. Plenty of people who can rap make terrible music. And to be clear I think Dolph both can’t rap and made bad music most of the time but sometimes you just catch lightning in a bottle for a few songs. 100 shots is one of them. It isn’t technically good but it’s a vibe. That final beat drop I’ve seen cause a meltdown in groups of very different people. Around his death you could absolutely see groups of college white girls in parties asking “How the **** you miss a whole hundred shots?!”.

I think it’s kinda like Still Fly.

Two of the worst people to ever get on a mic but that song would absolutely be worse with good rappers.

We wouldn’t even remember that song with most competent rappers. It wouldn’t be fun.

Song songs are more than the sum of their parts. That beat and better verses might absolutely equal a shit song we don’t remember.

This song is sewage.

But the idea of using it that way….
    …as a smarta$$ home court advantage…
    …getting the crowd into the idea of roasting opponents like this…
    … Ingenious.

I heard Evil Dee was flirting with doing work for MSG or Barclay’s

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    They're not allowed, are they?

King's did it to Westbrook and got banned from doing it again

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/01/14...ell-westbrook/
    Props to the Sacramento Kings for this ������������