Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default LeBron James: Creator of Play-In Tournament 'Needs to Be Fired'

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/05/03/le...ds-to-be-fired

LeBron James criticized the league's new play-in tournament format.

"Whoever came up with that s--- needs to be fired," James said.

With the defeat, Los Angeles fell to 36–28 and No. 6 in the standings due to losing the tiebreaker over Dallas and holding it over Portland.

New this year, being No. 7 doesn't guarantee a team a first-round playoff series. Instead, the NBA will hold a play-in tournament in which the Nos. 7 and 8 teams face off and teams seeded Nos. 9 and 10 will also play.

The winner of the 7/8 game in each conference will earn the No. 7 seed. The loser of the 7/8 game will then host the winner of the 9/10 game in a play-in game, with the winner of that game in each conference earning the No. 8 seed.

The NBA Tanking Era Is Over As We Know It

The Lakers have now lost six of their last seven games, including both games since James returned to the court.

James was held out the final six minutes, 42 seconds on Sunday after experiencing soreness in his right ankle. He finished the game with 19 points, seven rebounds and six assists in 29 minutes.

James is not alone in voicing his recent criticism over the new format. In mid-April, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban called the addition of the play-in tournament an "enormous mistake."

The NBA board of governors, which includes Cuban, had unanimously approved the implementation of the play-in tournament this offseason.

James himself has also expressed varying sentiments about a possible format change. Ahead of the NBA bubble last summer, James floated the idea of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference being decided through a short series. Previously in 2018, though, James called the idea "wack."

"You’ve got to earn your spot to be in the postseason," he said. "No consolation for finishing last. That’s corny.”

Default Re: LeBron James: Creator of Play-In Tournament 'Needs to Be Fired'

Dumbass lebron. The play in tourney is the only reason why he even has a shot at making the playoffs this year :

Banned

Bump....where you ****** bronsexuals at? Yall talk so much shit but now you hide when people speak facts to you? **** YALL IN HERE THAT LOVE LEBUM!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME DM ME....

Agreed. Worst system ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend248 View Post
    Bump....where you ****** bronsexuals at? Yall talk so much shit but now you hide when people speak facts to you? **** YALL IN HERE THAT LOVE LEBUM!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME DM ME....
    The cowards are always either hiding or gaslighting

NBA All-star

the guy created it figured "not everyone is going to understand multiple sports, and that's normal, because the complexity of learning one single sport is beyond my ability....... PLAY-IN, I GOT IT, a PLAY-IN TOURNAMENT, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!"

Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Meltdown
    Did you DM him like he wanted?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It is kind of bogus that a team can outplay another all season long and get a 7 seed but then get bounced by a shitty 10 seed that only has to get say.. hot from 3 for one game. I could see if an 8 and a 9 seed have the same record to have a play in game to break the tie... that would be fair. But this format is bogus.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

The whole thing is stupid. For the bubble / shortened year I got it. For a full 82 game season, no.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It is kind of bogus that a team can outplay another all season long and get a 7 seed but then get bounced by a shitty 10 seed that only has to get say.. hot from 3 for one game. I could see if an 8 and a 9 seed have the same record to have a play in game to break the tie... that would be fair. But this format is bogus.
    NBA playoffs in itself is boring because in a best 7, rarely do upsets happen. If it does it's mostly bec. of injuries.

Baksetball teams themselves are heavily influenced by a single superstar moreso than any other major team game. It makes it utterly predictable.

Wrong thread bro

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Dumbass lebron. The play in tourney is the only reason why he even has a shot at making the playoffs this year :
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    2021 play-ins aka losers bracket still giving thurston a lot of nightmares these days

Banned

I agree with Bronie on this one. I hate the concept of the play-in. You either made the playoff or you didn't. It kind of cheapens the whole playoff thing.