Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official Ja Morant for MVP thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Look at the Nuggets roster right now though..

Jokic is having an INSANE season.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. I think the fact that Memphis went from 9th last year to currently 2nd will be a huge for Morant.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.

also, big FU op, I started this campaign a long time ago. You dont get to take the credit.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    Phoenix was 2nd in the West last year barely missing the top spot. What Memphis has done is much more impressive. Morant will get the credit for it.
    How is what Memphis doing more impressive than what Phoenix is doing? By you logic Booker or CP3 should have won it last year.
    Memphis started their win streak win Ja was injured! Its silly to call a player the MVP when the team started winning when he wasn't playing.
    The west is down this year due to all the injuries, Memphis is playing well but let's not pretend that several west teams missing stars is a major reason why they are #2.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.
    Let's take a moment to appreciate him leading his team well below .500 and not even making the playoffs without the play-in...

The play-in he's not even guaranteed to make either.

As all the sports networks across the globe are saying - "No LeBron, No difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    Let's take a moment to appreciate him leading his team well below .500 and not even making the playoffs without the play-in...

The play-in he's not even guaranteed to make either.

As all the sports networks across the globe are saying - "No LeBron, No difference"
    I thought Lebron makes his teammates better

NBA Superstar

I'm not saying you're wrong. I think the fact that Memphis went from 9th last year to currently 2nd will be a huge for Morant.
    Not that what you're saying is crazy, but if you believe this then throw some money down. Ja is running over +1000 almost everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Not that what you're saying is crazy, but if you believe this then throw some money down. Ja is running over +1000 almost everywhere.
    I'm not a gambler and I'm also not saying I'm 100% correct. It's just I've seen precedent for this before.

Just off the top of my head, in 1992 Charles Barkley went to Phoenix, they finished 1st in the West and Barkley won the MVP. Barkley didn't lead the league in scoring or rebounding.

In 2003-'04 Phoenix was near the bottom of the conference. Steve Nash gets traded to Phoenix, they finish 1st in the conference and Nash wins MVP. Nash didn't have the best stats either.

And then Derrick Rose, Chicago finished 41-41 in 2010, next season the Bulls finish 1st in the Conference and wins MVP.

I see similarities with Ja Morant.

I'm not a gambler and I'm also not saying I'm 100% correct. It's just I've seen precedent for this before.

Just off the top of my head, in 1992 Charles Barkley went to Phoenix, they finished 1st in the West and Barkley won the MVP. Barkley didn't lead the league in scoring or rebounding.

In 2003-'04 Phoenix was near the bottom of the conference. Steve Nash gets traded to Phoenix, they finish 1st in the conference and Nash wins MVP. Nash didn't have the best stats either.

And then Derrick Rose, Chicago finished 41-41 in 2010, next season the Bulls finish 1st in the Conference and wins MVP.

I see similarities with Ja Morant.

Barkley averaged 26/12/5 with a 60% TS in the 90s

I thought Lebron makes his teammates better

As usual, no top tier help, no success.

2019 all over again

Even with his triple double machine by his side

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Grizzlies have an 86% win rate with him not playing. 25% higher rate than when he does play.

He's gets my vote for least valuable star in the NBA. There's no other team that could win at that rate without their best player

Ja Morant is the least valuable star in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Barkley averaged 26/12/5 with a 60% TS in the 90s
    The year Barkley won MVP he finished 5th in scoring, 6th in rebounding, and 18th in FG%. Karl Malone had better stats but the Jazz finished with 47 wins. Jordan led the league in scoring but the Bulls finished with the 3rd best record and won 10 less games than 1992. The reason Barkley won MVP was not that he had the best stats, he had very good stats, it's because Phoenix with 10 more wins than the previous season and finished with the league's best record.

Memphis was a play-in team last year, they're now 2nd in the conference, Morant will get the credit for it.

The year Barkley won MVP he finished 5th in scoring, 6th in rebounding, and 18th in FG%. Karl Malone had better stats but the Jazz finished with 47 wins. Jordan led the league in scoring but the Bulls finished with the 3rd best record and won 10 less games than 1992. The reason Barkley won MVP was not that he had the best stats, he had very good stats, it's because Phoenix with 10 more wins than the previous season and finished with the league's best record.

Memphis was a play-in team last year, they're now 2nd in the conference, Morant will get the credit for it.

How exactly did Malone have better stats? Slightly higher points, slightly fewer rebounds and fewer assists. Their numbers were very comparable.

Morants numbers aren't comparable at all to what Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are doing.

No Morant isn't going to get all the credit since they have a bunch of young players that have improved, as young players frequently do. Not to mentiont the fact that Jaren Jackson only played 11 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    How exactly did Malone have better stats? Slightly higher points, slightly fewer rebounds and fewer assists. Their numbers were very comparable.

Morants numbers aren't comparable at all to what Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are doing.

No Morant isn't going to get all the credit since they have a bunch of young players that have improved, as young players frequently do. Not to mentiont the fact that Jaren Jackson only played 11 games last year.
    Once again, MVP has a large component that is built around team success. I didn't just give you Barkley, I also cited Nash and Rose. Those guys had good teammates as well but they were given the most credit for it. Did Nash have better stats than Shaq and Kobe? Did Rose have better stats than Lebron? Shaq's already calling Morant the best player in the league. But look at all of those guys respective teams success, they all jumped forward not backward. Yes, You have to have good stats which Morant has. But of all the teams, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Denver, and Memphis, only Memphis has taken a big step forward. All the others have regressed to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    As usual, no top tier help, no success.

2019 all over again

Even with his triple double machine by his side
    How can he sustain top tier help when he keeps diminishing them or getting the ones with potential traded?

12-2 is a fluke of lucky shooting, weak opponents and unsustainably tenacious defense. Completely irrelevant.