Local High School Star

Default Just never made sense to me why zeke is not a top ten player

The only player to beat Bird, Magic, and Jordan in a five year span and lead his team to a repeat. Plus Bird and Duncan never repeated and they top ten?

Default Re: Just never made sense to me why zeke is not a top ten player

I feel like he never got a fair shake after his playing career ended. Always had suspicion that being left off the dream team as well as being the most beloved player ever's arch enemy had a catastrophic impact on his legacy. I gotta give it up to him for being a good sport about the whole situation and being a pretty visible ambassador for the league through TV all these years despite the disrespect.

7-time NBA All-Star

Don't ever cross MJ - Isiah instructed his teammates to physically hurt MJ, but MJ had the last laugh

Not even going to get into the retarded title, but that talking point about beating Bird/Magic/Jordan is not only ridiculous, it's not even accurate. The Pistons beat Bird once, and the one time they beat Magic he missed most of the series. And this shit isn't tennis, the Pistons beat the Bulls 3x with Isiah having the much better supporting cast and Jordan outplaying him h2h every series.

Top 10

National High School Star

Well you are giving Zeke credit for "beating" Jordan, Bird, and Magic. In reality it was Bill Laimbeer that beat Jordan and Bird through his physical play along with Mahorn and Rodman. Zeke had a short career and while he was a great playmaker he was the fourth best scorer on those Pistons teams (Dantely, Aguirre, Dumars), which is why he never won an MVP. In reality when you look at PG as a position Thomas is fringe top ten. You can make the argument that the Dream Team was right in selecting Stockton and Magic over him because he was the third best PG of his era.

PG field, Archibald, Cousy, CPIII, Curry, Frazier, Irving, Kidd, Magic, Nash, Oscar, Parker, Payton, Stockton, Thomas, Westbrook

In reality the Pistons much like the 70's Knicks should have five Hall of Famers not three with Aguirre, and Laimbeer in the hall but politics is really keeping them out and gassing up Thomas.

He didn't beat Magic.

Magic got injured 1 and 1/2 games into the series and the Lakers starting SG never played due to injury.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15 View Post
    The only player to beat Bird, Magic, and Jordan in a five year span and lead his team to a repeat. Plus Bird and Duncan never repeated and they top ten?
    The fvck is this

I rule the local playground

Not factoring team records against each other Zeke did feel like he was right there with Magic, Bird and MJ although definitely a shade under but he had game and the cache. Had he not been such a prick he could easily been the 4th guy.

7-time NBA All-Star

Here's the guys that learned the best brand of ball in the league, as required to win organically, aka here's the guys that learned how to win (brand of ball):

MJ
    Kobe
    Bird
    Russell
    Curry
    Duncan
    Isiah
    Dirk
    Kawhi
    Giannis
    Hakeem

That's the top 11 all-time

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Here's the guys that learned the best brand of ball in the league, as required to win organically, aka here's the guys that learned how to win (brand of ball):

MJ
    Kobe
    Bird
    Russell
    Curry
    Duncan
    Isiah
    Dirk
    Kawhi
    Giannis
    Hakeem

That's the top 11 all-time
    Tsk tsk tsk mr. 3balls you keep leaving iverson off your list like he is not the juggernaut. Pleasr fix this

Dunking on everybody in the park expansionera's Avatar

Jordan brand media making sure he never became as remembered as even ****ing Chris Mullin by keeping him off those Olympic teams