Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Former football coach Brian Flores

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    The bill belichick text looked pretty bad. It is bad when not only the giants but others outside the organization know the Giants already hired their HC before Flores even gave his interview for HC with Giants. Why even schedule Flores when you already have an agreement with Brian Daboll?

The Denver stuff is not a good look either. If Elway already had his mind made up on Fangio, why even interview Flores? Then to top it off, Elway arrived a hour late, badly hungover, and just does a sham interview. This one is unfortunately Flores' word against Elway's so difficult to prove. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Both are obvious. The sham interviews were scheduled just to meet the Rooney rule.
    For this stuff at least, the evidence coming out is actually quite damning for Flores. The giant's owner actually wanted Flores as his first choice but for once decided not to meddle (he was known for this) and let his GM pick Daboll.

The Denver stuff is even worse for Flores. Evidently they have detailed notes from their 3 and a half hour meeting and itinerary showing actually where they were during the times he was alleging. Even still worse, this was from 2019 where Broncos JUST HAD a black head coach Vance Joseph...and yet they are racist. Not to mention when they hired Vance, they did so OVER Kyle Shannahan who's father has close ties to Denver....but they are racist "old boys club." Seriously Flores is going to get skewered for being an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    For this stuff at least, the evidence coming out is actually quite damning for Flores. The giant's owner actually wanted Flores as his first choice but for once decided not to meddle (he was known for this) and let his GM pick Daboll.

The Denver stuff is even worse for Flores. Evidently they have detailed notes from their 3 and a half hour meeting and itinerary showing actually where they were during the times he was alleging. Even still worse, this was from 2019 where Broncos JUST HAD a black head coach Vance Joseph...and yet they are racist. Not to mention when they hired Vance, they did so OVER Kyle Shannahan who's father has close ties to Denver....but they are racist "old boys club." Seriously Flores is going to get skewered for being an idiot
    The Giants issue though is if their GM already has his mind made up on Daboll, why does Flores still have that interview for that same position? What's even the point to bring the guy in? (oh yes, to meet the Rooney rule)

As I said, get rid of the Rooney rule that requires you to interview a minority candidate. You don't want teams to have a bunch of white candidates they are serious about & just tack on a minority interview at the end just for the sake of meeting the Rooney rule requirement. It's pretty humiliating if you ask me. It's not even an interview then. The decision has already been made, and you are there for the sake of being there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I won't go as far and say he wasn't hired because he was black, but you have to admit that it's pretty fvcked up when you interview for a job despite already knowing they hired someone else. (Rooney Rule)

And if true, lol @ the owner offering him 100k for each loss in order to tank, if this is proven true (Flores says he has a witness to this), then the Dolphins at the end of the day will be the team that gets fvcked the most.

By the time all this is over I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins owner is forced to sell or severely punished and they do away with the Rooney rule.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I won't go as far and say he wasn't hired because he was black, but you have to admit that it's pretty fvcked up when you interview for a job despite already knowing they hired someone else. (Rooney Rule)

And if true, lol @ the owner offering him 100k for each loss in order to tank, if this is proven true (Flores says he has a witness to this), then the Dolphins at the end of the day will be the team that gets fvcked the most.

By the time all this is over I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins owner is forced to sell or severely punished and they do away with the Rooney rule.
    Im sure this is FAR from the only case of this happening (and in fact Hue Jackson has said the Browns made him the same offer) and the reality is most teams’ FANS also want to tank in these situations.

Everyone knows losing teams are incentivized by the draft to tank.

If they wanna fix it, they need to do an unweighted lottery system with equal chances for every non playoff team. Maybe a 6 win team sometimes gets a higher pick than a 2 win team, but without tanking there will probably be fewer 2 win teams anyway.

I think itd be silly to punish the Dolphins for doing what every team does, and what everyone knows every team does.

Theres no way in hell that the Dolphins owner goes down over this... Stephen Ross is worth 8b and hes not an idiot - if he actually asked Flores to tank (doubtful), and if Flores actually has a witness (doubtful), Ross with either buy out the witness or just use his money to bury both of them in court.

Its very hard to prove in a court of law that a multibillionaire told you to do something (unless you recorded it... and even then it might be iffy)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Theres no way in hell that the Dolphins owner goes down over this... Stephen Ross is worth 8b and hes not an idiot - if he actually asked Flores to tank (doubtful), and if Flores actually has a witness (doubtful), Ross with either buy out the witness or just use his money to bury both of them in court.

Its very hard to prove in a court of law that a multibillionaire told you to do something (unless you recorded it... and even then it might be iffy)
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...0000-per-loss/

We will see, if that witness goes to court and confirms that Ross did indeed offer 100k per loss, then Ross is ****ed and Goodell will be pressured to do something about it.

And lol at you saying it was "doubtful" that Ross told him to tank. I'm sure this happens all the time, Flores is just the first guy to come out and reveal it.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Whites are typically better at strategic/management roles. By a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    The Giants issue though is if their GM already has his mind made up on Daboll, why does Flores still have that interview for that same position? What's even the point to bring the guy in? (oh yes, to meet the Rooney rule)

As I said, get rid of the Rooney rule that requires you to interview a minority candidate. You don't want teams to have a bunch of white candidates they are serious about & just tack on a minority interview at the end just for the sake of meeting the Rooney rule requirement. It's pretty humiliating if you ask me. It's not even an interview then. The decision has already been made, and you are there for the sake of being there.
    Ya their GM might be scummy. That doesn't necessarily mean it had anything to do with race though. To your point though, the Rooney rule is awful and should be gone.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...0000-per-loss/

We will see, if that witness goes to court and confirms that Ross did indeed offer 100k per loss, then Ross is ****ed and Goodell will be pressured to do something about it.

And lol at you saying it was "doubtful" that Ross told him to tank. I'm sure this happens all the time, Flores is just the first guy to come out and reveal it.
    Several coaches have apparently come out with similar allegations towards different organizations so it's very much believable. Nobody should be surprised by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    Ya their GM might be scummy. That doesn't necessarily mean it had anything to do with race though. To your point though, the Rooney rule is awful and should be gone.
    I don't know if it has to do with race (very difficult to prove in court too without recordings or first-hand texts/emails), but it has a lot to do with putting a checkmark next to "Met the Rooney rule requirement."

College superstar

The NFL is legally defined as “sports entertainment” there is no law against rigging games unless gambling is involved.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    So you have 20 more years of suffering and crying is what you're saying. I, on the other hand, don't care one way or the other cause I don't look at people based on race, nor do I revolve my entire life and way of thinking around race like assclowns like you do.
    BWAWAWAHAHAHAHA! that means 20 more years of Poopsie whining about white grievance.

Banned

John Elway and Stephen Ross have both responded saying Brian Flores a liar.

Broncos have proof Flores is full of crap about the meeting if Elway... and if the Dolphins owner offered 100k per loss, it was said verbally in private.

2 of the 3 lawsuits can be tossed right there. If the Giants had all their interviews set up in advance and happened to have a meeting that made them want Dabbol before their meeting with Flores that was already set up, they also did nothing wrong. Definitely can't prove there was anything racist about it.

Hope Brian Flores enjoys coaching on of them smaller historically black colleges. No sane person would want this drama queen's delusions infecting the rest of their employees. They also don't need somebody that will force them.to walk on egg shells at the risk of an emotionally unstable person tarnishing the franchise reputation.

Maybe Brian Flores can make mockumentaries with Kaepernick that nobody will watch.

I just read that apparently Daboll didn't even have his in-person interview when Belichick texted the wrong Brian congratulating Daboll lol. Giants defense is that belichick is not affiliated with the giants so we should disregard the text from him. That sounds like a cop-out even though it is technically true that belichick doesn't work for the giants. Why would belichick make up the fact that he heard daboll has been hired? What does belichick possibly have to gain from it? Belichick was right on the money too.

If that fact is true then I don't see any point in scheduling Flores. It's a bad look, but I don't know if the courts would do anything about it. Belichick might be brought in as a witness to explain how he knew, and scheduling books would need to be opened up.

I don't expect anything from the Denver situation to stand since that's he said/she said now. Flores doesn't have much to stand on.

The dolphins case still smells to me. The dolphins owner became co-owner of the sports gambling company at the same time - it would be interesting to see if he was betting on dolphins games. There is also a witness to the verbal conversation. Only thing we don't know is if there are actual receipts of the 100k transactions. Those 2 things together would be a huge blow to the dolphins. Potentially losing draft picks and big fine to the owner.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Whites are typically better at strategic/management roles. By a large margin.

bears could use Flores

wwf-nfl rules