Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is having one choice actually a choice?

It's a discussion I've had quite frequently lately.

2 examples in particular:

You get the vaccine or you won't be able to eat at restaurants

In the Muslim community you cannot have a relationship with a female including dating unless you convert and go through a Nikah (Islamic marriage)

I get you have A choice. But to me if there is only one option it's not really a choice.

What does ISH think?

Banned

Default Re: Is having one choice actually a choice?

I made my choice and have basically been stuck in my house for 2 years. it violates my human rights but it is technically a choice. so theyre not wrong in saying I have a choice. but it violates basic human laws. I think after some time passes like 5 years or so there will be a vaccinated and unvaccinated lawsuit for damages and both sides will get some sort of reparations. luckily mine will just be for being held in captivity while the vaccinated will get money for basically losing 15 years of life expectancy from organ failure

I havent been vaxxed, but nothing has impeded me from doing what i want to do so far. Except that i wear the mask of hate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    I havent been vaxxed, but nothing has impeded me from doing what i want to do so far. Except that i wear the mask of hate
    then you posses what I must have

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    then you posses what I must have

No one has even questioned me about my vax status. At the restaurant, i walk in without a mask and they dont say anything

Banned

No one has even questioned me about my vax status. At the restaurant, i walk in without a mask and they dont say anything

Banned

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/web/vi...DkIhk22t08l88Z

this guy had a "choice" too I guess

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    It's a discussion I've had quite frequently lately.

2 examples in particular:

You get the vaccine or you won't be able to eat at restaurants

In the Muslim community you cannot have a relationship with a female including dating unless you convert and go through a Nikah (Islamic marriage)

I get you have A choice. But to me if there is only one option it's not really a choice.

What does ISH think?
    Isn't it like that with most things?

You want to buy something. You have to buy it from the store, online or otherwise. Or you won't be able to buy it.

You vote for president, or not vote. It's not like you can have a king or a Tzar.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Isn't it like that with most things?

You want to buy something. You have to buy it from the store, online or otherwise. Or you won't be able to buy it.

You vote for president, or not vote. It's not like you can have a king or a Tzar.
    Both examples aren't really the same. Both don't individually impact significant parts of your life. Both have multiple options
    First one can be gifted, earned, or bartered. The second one doesn't directly impact you. Your life is the same.
    What I'm saying is a more impactful choice.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    I made my choice and have basically been stuck in my house for 2 years. it violates my human rights but it is technically a choice. so theyre not wrong in saying I have a choice. but it violates basic human laws. I think after some time passes like 5 years or so there will be a vaccinated and unvaccinated lawsuit for damages and both sides will get some sort of reparations. luckily mine will just be for being held in captivity while the vaccinated will get money for basically losing 15 years of life expectancy from organ failure
    You made your choice to be gay.

Both examples aren't really the same. Both don't individually impact significant parts of your life. Both have multiple options
    First one can be gifted, earned, or bartered. The second one doesn't directly impact you. Your life is the same.
    What I'm saying is a more impactful choice.
    Well in that case what you're saying have multiple options too. You can just go to a restaurant unvaccinated. Some of them will let you. You can make a fake vaccine passport or borrow someone else's. You can also run away with the muslim girl or date her in secret. Or she can convert too if she choose.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Well in that case what you're saying have multiple options too. You can just go to a restaurant unvaccinated. Some of them will let you. You can make a fake vaccine passport or borrow someone else's. You can also run away with the muslim girl or date her in secret. Or she can convert too if she choose.
    You're going through more extreme lengths but sure. But what you're presenting is a far less normal option in how things really are. You wanna reach, sure. But you and I know that's not how it really is. What if I win the lottery to get rich? It's an option, but not a traditional one. Play semantics if you want. I just want answers to that question

You're going through more extreme lengths but sure. But what you're presenting is a far less normal option in how things really are. You wanna reach, sure. But you and I know that's not how it really is. What if I win the lottery to get rich? It's an option, but not a traditional one. Play semantics if you want. I just want answers to that question
    I'm just going by your example of gift or barter. Like, is it reasonable to barter these days? Or rely on gift?

Being given the "choice" to take a medication you dont want or have your life taken away from you is not really much of a choice. Most people have bills to pay and mouths to feed, losing their jobs would be devastating to their family.

Also, in medicine every patient is supposed to have the right to informed consent, but informed consent is impossible when the patient is being coerced.

I get the fear of taking a vax, but I don't understand a fear of a mask. Even if you don't believe in it, is it worth making a minimum wage worker's job a living hell over it?