Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Should we be concerned about the future of humanity?

The older I get, the more I understand why we weren't meant to live forever.

The world is getting ****ing weird and I can't imagine what it'll be like in another 100 years.

Cars driving by themselves, all electric motors. Boring.

Kids being taught in school that they can be a girl, boy, both or neither. Wtf?

Getting in trouble for calling a dude a "him". Wtf?

People being scared to pick up the phone, but they'll respond via txt.

Absolutely no real world interactions when the "metaverse" becomes mainstream.

We weren't meant to live forever for a reason. Our brains can't handle this insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    The older I get, the more I understand why we weren't meant to live forever.

The world is getting ****ing weird and I can't imagine what it'll be like in another 100 years.

Kids being taught in school that they can be a girl, boy, both or neither. Wtf?

Getting in trouble for calling a dude a "him". Wtf?

People being scared to pick up the phone, but they'll respond via txt.

Absolutely no real world interactions when the "metaverse" becomes mainstream.

We weren't meant to live forever for a reason. Our brains can't handle this insanity.
    Agreed, but for every problem there is a solution.

And the reality is, any solution will work for some people, and not for others.

There's always gonna be a class of people who dictate the solutions on their terms. It's fundamental. It happens in every generation.

So if ya cant beat em...

You know ;)

I agree with virtually everything you said, other than this statement... on this topic you are just flat out wrong.

A decent electric car (like a performance oriented Tesla) is WAY more fun to drive than 99.9% of combustion cars. Once you experience the acceleration from electric motors, driving a combustion engine feels like driving a semi truck or something... it so lethargic and slow to respond in comparison.

Also I can recharge my Tesla in my driveway from 0-300mi of range for ~$4 or $5... meanwhile it costs almost $100 to buy a full tank of gas for my toyota 4runner

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post

Also I can recharge my Tesla in my driveway from 0-300mi of range for ~$4 or $5...
    How long does it take?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    How long does it take?
    On my home charger it can recharge about 45 miles of range per hour, so going from 0-100% takes 6 or 7 hours

If you're in a rush, it can also recharge from 0-90ish% in 20 or 30 minutes at a supercharger...but it costs ~$15ish to do a full refill at a supercharger
    Last edited by Nanners; 01-27-2022 at 08:01 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Humans have become less empathetic and accountable. Which makes us as a whole less connected to each other and a whole lot more selfish. You can tell even from this messageboard if you compare it to 15 years ago.
    It doesn't mean we're ****ed though. Humans can still thrive. We're very resilient when it comes to self preservation.
    point on.

I agree with virtually everything you said, other than this statement... on this topic you are just flat out wrong.

A decent electric car (like a performance oriented Tesla) is WAY more fun to drive than 99.9% of combustion cars. Once you experience the acceleration from electric motors, driving a combustion engine feels like driving a semi truck or something... it so lethargic and slow to respond in comparison.

Also I can recharge my Tesla in my driveway from 0-300mi of range for ~$4 or $5... meanwhile it costs almost $100 to buy a full tank of gas for my toyota 4runner
    Hope it doesn't grab any problems if you ever find yourself having the need to traverse through deep floods, rivers, etc.

The “metaverse” will be the end of the world as we know it..

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    'ppreciate ya Fam.

Been workin on the set up the last few days. Got the weekly blog goin (hopefully posting more than once a week, but dont want to over-promise) and will set up a discord for group discussions. People can feel free to observe or participate, also nobody has to identify themselves either personally or by their ISH account, but ofc they can if they want (will also have non ISHers on there). Basically everyone can use it however they please, but I'm gonna try to make it a place for the dicussions that are simply no longer worth having publicly.

We takin over, boyzez.
    Say less, big homie. We stan you, on gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Say less, big homie. We stan you, on gang.
    That’s lit.

A Tesla is more fun to drive compared to a regular car.. yes, but not a sports car.

I can't imagine how a car with absolutely no sounds, and the inability to shift gears can be more fun than a screaming Ferrari with a naturally aspirated V12 or even a V8.

There's a reason why all the non electric sports cars are all going up in value. Billionaires driving their electric Lamborghinis in the future are going to be really jealous when an old ass Aventador comes screaming beside them on the freeway.

I guess I'm just old school. I still love shifting gears in my car.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

A Tesla is more fun to drive compared to a regular car.. yes, but not a sports car.

I can't imagine how a car with absolutely no sounds, and the inability to shift gears can be more fun than a screaming Ferrari with a naturally aspirated V12 or even a V8.

There's a reason why all the non electric sports cars are all going up in value. Billionaires driving their electric Lamborghinis in the future are going to be really jealous when an old ass Aventador comes screaming beside them on the freeway.

I guess I'm just old school. I still love shifting gears in my car.
    It’s like people who still pine for a rotary dial phone. Why? Progress advances the world. There is a reason we don’t have coal belching factories anymore.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    point on.

On point.

Big yikes, cockroaches are not really a viable analogy here.

No cap - aint no cockroach hypebeasts, aint no cockroach simps (except RRR3), aint no cockroaches HODLing... that said, I will grant you that gen Z are the cockroaches of generations
    I meant humankind as a whole. We are resilient due to our need for self preservation. That's a trait everyone has

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

On point.
    He's making fun of the way Gen Z talks

Patrick Chewing ladies and gentlemen.