Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Should we be concerned about the future of humanity?

After reading this thread, yeah, we are all doom.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    He's making fun of the way Gen Z talks

Patrick Chewing ladies and gentlemen.
    Uhh no. Jasper is 78 years old and clearly doesn't know how to say it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    A Tesla is more fun to drive compared to a regular car.. yes, but not a sports car.

I can't imagine how a car with absolutely no sounds, and the inability to shift gears can be more fun than a screaming Ferrari with a naturally aspirated V12 or even a V8.

There's a reason why all the non electric sports cars are all going up in value. Billionaires driving their electric Lamborghinis in the future are going to be really jealous when an old ass Aventador comes screaming beside them on the freeway.

I guess I'm just old school. I still love shifting gears in my car.
    Like I said, a good electric is more fun to drive than 99.9% of cars. No doubt something exotic and special like an aventador would be part of the 0.1% that would be more fun, but they also cost 8x as much.

There are some benefits to making no sound - while I do love the sound of a nice combustion engine its also really nice being able to go full throttle without alerting the whole neighborhood. When I was younger I had a porsche with an aftermarket exhaust that was loud enough to set off car alarms, and while it was def cool it was also a huge cop magnet and it felt a little antisocial making so much noise all of the time. Also between the noise and the suspension, that car could get pretty brutal on long trips.

I spent a lot of years driving a stick and I still love shifting most of the time, but it can be a bit of a chore at times too (traffic).

Anyway, while noise and shifting can be pretty fun, for me the most fun thing about driving is that feeling of being plastered in your seat by heavy acceleration, and electric motors are just inherently better at creating this sensation since they have 100% torque the instant you hit the pedal.
    Last edited by Nanners; 01-28-2022 at 02:26 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

On point.
    Old Poopsie is trying to sound young.