Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Anyone into Collecting and/or Buying & Reselling?

And if so, what do you collect?

Latest purchase of mine:

At 15" tall this piece is amazing. Only 600 made and I got it for under $300 considering how some of these statues and figures can go for thousands.

What I want next:
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 01-07-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Default Re: Anyone into Collecting and/or Buying & Reselling?

I used to collect basketball cards and still have them. I collect vinyls and I have quite some musical gear I wouldn't call that collecting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

unlike poopsie I collect Ferrari's and trucks ,and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I used to collect basketball cards and still have them. I collect vinyls and I have quite some musical gear I wouldn't call that collecting.
    Just collect? Or do you re-sell as well? Vinyl is hot right now. I used to collect lots of cards, but their value has dropped significantly if they're not graded and if they're not some special kind of insert. So you're almost certainly paying full face value for cards right now. What I would do as a collector is buy every rookie card of the incoming rookie class and get them graded. Eventually a handful of those players will ultimately break into superstars.

Banned

just got all this over the past month

Banned

and this

i used to be an avid 2pac collector and still am to some extent. i've spent thousands on every medium from cd's to tapes to vinyls to black market rips of unreleased songs, demos & shelved albums sourced from pac's old friends, producers, studio engineers, etc. never sourced anything myself though, instead only buying from other collectors on the black market. i've sold nearly everything though, aside from digital copies i've made, of course.

so yeah, big pac fanatic here. you'd be amazed at the amount of leftover material there was when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Just collect? Or do you re-sell as well? Vinyl is hot right now. I used to collect lots of cards, but their value has dropped significantly if they're not graded and if they're not some special kind of insert. So you're almost certainly paying full face value for cards right now. What I would do as a collector is buy every rookie card of the incoming rookie class and get them graded. Eventually a handful of those players will ultimately break into superstars.
    I don't resell either, because vinyls are a passion thing for me, but metal albums have great resale value.

Basketball cards are some kind of nostalgia and they're pretty tough to sell if you're not in north america. Nobody gives a shit about that here and grading is risky aswell. If I decided to sell I'd send them to an american commission seller who also offers grading services.

Some cards spiked during the last two years. I drew a KD rookie back in 2008, which originally was 40$ and sat at 80$ for 10 years basically. It peaked at 1500 last year. 800 right now.

A lot of my Shaq 90s inserts went from 50-100 to like 400, but as said it's irrelevant and useless unless I decide to sent them to the US.

Aside from the fact that it's apparently super woke Binger, this was an interesting listen, with all the talk about collecting cards growing up in the 80s. With the less distractions back then, I imagine how fun it must of been.

And this video does a good job explaining grading and collecting scams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post

And this video does a good job explaining grading and collecting scams.

said this in the bitcoin thread. it's obvious the people paying millions for shit are just laundering money or trafficking drugs or underage prostitutes. it's part of the graded card market too. and it does boost the values of a lot of stuff. it happens with almost any form of collectable right now online. bitcoin is being replaced as the go to black market/dark web currency

Anyone else have a ton of Funko Pop's in their house? I went crazy with those and now I'm thinking of downsizing. I have some doubles and super rare ones, but for the most part, I'm getting over the Pop craze cause they make just too many of them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Anyone else have a ton of Funko Pop's in their house? I went crazy with those and now I'm thinking of downsizing. I have some doubles and super rare ones, but for the most part, I'm getting over the Pop craze cause they make just too many of them.
    thats probably not gonna be popular in a few years. you should sell them now. seems like a beanie babies type fad

the only things hot in the world of collecting are comics, sports cards, pokemon cards, video games, vintage toys, sealed vintage action figures, anything graded that can be authenticated easily.

my mom collects minted canadian coins and has like 30 grand worth of shit. i doubt any of that shit is worth even close to what she paid for them