Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default If you wanna see Google squirm read their Twitter topic on losing ESPN for YouTube tv

Usually when there is a rights beef companies do the “We will not be gouged! Their rate increases aren’t fair for you or us!” dance. I remember Direct tv having a whole song and dance about how switching wasn’t the answer because eventually they would come for your alternative too and that was just over some minor channels.

ESPN and live sports are keeping the entire pay tv model afloat and both sides know it.

They announced that espn was lost while they work it out with Disney and got virtually zero support. Must be 50,000 people saying they are out if they don’t have it fixed by the next set of bowl games. And unlike every media company I’ve seen they said they will take the cost out of customers bills if they lose them. And espn is like 15 bucks a month per customer.

You never see a company reply to individual threats but they are in there telling people they are working as hard as they can and getting nothing but

”I don’t care. I don’t care about a price reduction or what you have to do. Pay Disney today! The game cut off in the 4th quarter!”

The few companies with live sports to offer people care about? NFL, college football, and to a lesser degree the NBA?

They are raping these companies and will never ever let them run full a la carte because they know you need them and to get it they make you take all their secondary channels.

And even as big as disneys subscriber base is it can’t yet replace 100 million built it pay tv subscribers who are held hostage. Ive known how to stream live TV since Bush was in office and have had monthly paid subscriptions to do it but you don’t risk something like that for say….a super bowl party or the nba finals if you can help it.

A year or so ago there were rumors that even with Covid the nba was being offered enough tv money for its next deal to make the cap increase by even more than it did the last time we thought it went crazy. I’m talking a 75 billion dollar offer and the last one was just 24(for less years). Wanna know how go woke go broke is going?

Based on the most recent known offers:

. The 2025 cap spike will see $200 million contracts get normalized, and for the league's elite, $300 million will become the new threshold.

Based off a cap that by 2025 sits at $171 million, a 35% max deal would start at $59.85 million and carry 8% annual raises. Over a five year period, that becomes $347.1 million with the final year being worth $79 million alone, which is $9 million more than the entire salary cap number in 2015. For NBA teams and NBA agents, it's time to map out their financial futures.

Luka and Trae will make 80 million a season at some point.

Espn, Fox, cbs, nbc, and tnt has to pay whatever live sports wants and YouTube, Hulu, and traditional cable and satellite has to pay those companies whatever they want because in the end people only watch 18 channels and their plans are based on making you pay for 75-300 to get all the ones you want.

I know Congress was working on forced a la carte but even then sports would carry too much weight.

The whole pay tv model is help up by sports and they aren’t dumb enough to challenge that.

I hope the nba isn’t dumb enough to do another lockout fighting over this incoming money when everyone gets paid more without doing any extra work…..but you just know it’s being considered.

Who wants to pay their third best player 240 million? I get why owners wouldn’t be happy even if it’s just the same as paying him 170 now and the same as paying him 55 years ago….or 18 in the 90s.

The number is gonna look ugly. But someone is gonna pay it.

Retired

Default Re: If you wanna see Google squirm read their Twitter topic on losing ESPN for YouTub

lebron fans should pray for another work stoppage. they mean an automatic title for their guy because he can recharge his roids and the league needs their cash cow to win fans back

back to back to back baby. lebrons 3 peat incoming

Default Re: If you wanna see Google squirm read their Twitter topic on losing ESPN for YouTub

What’s gonna be funny to me is watching all the old people who should retire trying to hold on about three more years to get one or two years of this new money. I don’t know what a minimum one year deal will be for Dwight Howard with a 175 million dollar cap but I bet he wants to stick around till he’s 40 and find out. He’s got a lot of child support to pay.

I was wondering why I couldn't find ESPN on YouTube TV last night to watch the games.

Looks like it's back to nbabite.com and nflbite.com

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    I was wondering why I couldn't find ESPN on YouTube TV last night to watch the games.

I was watching the game and at 12 midnight it just said this video is no longer available. I was confused until I read that they hadn't reached a deal to keep ESPN on YouTube TV.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post

If I were espn I’d add 10 cents a month to my previous demand just for taking it this far. They’re gonna pay no matter what.

Still reading about the cap ramifications and I keep reading how the last spike is how the Warriors got the cap space to add Durant. If agents are smart enough to keep their people available 3 summers from now we are gonna see some wild super teams. Every team will have space. Whoever the best team is in 2024 will likely get cap space to add another max or near max player.

When does the league just refuse to keep adding to the salaries of the same number of players and decides to just add teams for the same money? They are just gonna accept paying guys 85 million for a season with it still increasing?

Would the union be against adding 100 roster spots that lowers average pay but increases opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Usually when there is a rights beef companies do the “We will not be gouged! Their rate increases aren’t fair for you or us!” dance. I remember Direct tv having a whole song and dance about how switching wasn’t the answer because eventually they would come for your alternative too and that was just over some minor channels.

ESPN and live sports are keeping the entire pay tv model afloat and both sides know it.

They announced that espn was lost while they work it out with Disney and got virtually zero support. Must be 50,000 people saying they are out if they donÂ’t have it fixed by the next set of bowl games. And unlike every media company IÂ’ve seen they said they will take the cost out of customers bills if they lose them. And espn is like 15 bucks a month per customer.

You never see a company reply to individual threats but they are in there telling people they are working as hard as they can and getting nothing but

”I don’t care. I don’t care about a price reduction or what you have to do. Pay Disney today! The game cut off in the 4th quarter!”

The few companies with live sports to offer people care about? NFL, college football, and to a lesser degree the NBA?

They are raping these companies and will never ever let them run full a la carte because they know you need them and to get it they make you take all their secondary channels.

And even as big as disneys subscriber base is it canÂ’t yet replace 100 million built it pay tv subscribers who are held hostage. Ive known how to stream live TV since Bush was in office and have had monthly paid subscriptions to do it but you donÂ’t risk something like that for sayÂ….a super bowl party or the nba finals if you can help it.

A year or so ago there were rumors that even with Covid the nba was being offered enough tv money for its next deal to make the cap increase by even more than it did the last time we thought it went crazy. IÂ’m talking a 75 billion dollar offer and the last one was just 24(for less years). Wanna know how go woke go broke is going?

Based on the most recent known offers:

Luka and Trae will make 80 million a season at some point.

Espn, Fox, cbs, nbc, and tnt has to pay whatever live sports wants and YouTube, Hulu, and traditional cable and satellite has to pay those companies whatever they want because in the end people only watch 18 channels and their plans are based on making you pay for 75-300 to get all the ones you want.

I know Congress was working on forced a la carte but even then sports would carry too much weight.

The whole pay tv model is help up by sports and they arenÂ’t dumb enough to challenge that.

I hope the nba isnÂ’t dumb enough to do another lockout fighting over this incoming money when everyone gets paid more without doing any extra workÂ…..but you just know itÂ’s being considered.

Who wants to pay their third best player 240 million? I get why owners wouldnÂ’t be happy even if itÂ’s just the same as paying him 170 now and the same as paying him 55 years agoÂ….or 18 in the 90s.

The number is gonna look ugly. But someone is gonna pay it.

The sad thing is, sports kinda suck these days. The rules are soft, the players are ambivalent, the broadcasts are woke... it’s literally never been a worse product.

Thats why I personally rarely tune in anymore, but there are countless people who feel as I do that will still fork over whatever is asked in order to sit in front of this shit, simply because they dont have any other interests. Same reason they keep going to see the same superhero movies over and over. And on top of that complain about them

People have remarkably little motivation to explore anything new, or personally interesting to them. Theyll lap up whatever manufactured garbage you put in front of their mug, like chow from a dog dish.

Go get that money, cable...

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The sad thing is, sports kinda suck these days. The rules are soft, the players are ambivalent, the broadcasts are woke... it’s literally never been a worse product.

Thats why I personally rarely tune in anymore, but there are countless people who feel as I do that will still fork over whatever is asked in order to sit in front of this shit, simply because they dont have any other interests. Same reason they keep going to see the same superhero movies over and over. And on top of that complain about them

People have remarkably little motivation to explore anything new, or personally interesting to them. Theyll lap up whatever manufactured garbage you put in front of their mug, like chow from a dog dish.

Go get that money, cable...
    Hmm, interesting take.

Perhaps you could come up with something yourself that's more interesting to pique everyone's intrigue. Maybe like a kindle book available only though Amazon, journeying a life of rejections while just barely surviving in Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lemon View Post
    Hmm, interesting take.

Perhaps you could come up with something yourself that's more interesting to pique everyone's intrigue. Maybe like a kindle book available only though Amazon, journeying a life of rejections while just barely surviving in Los Angeles?

Been there done that, amigo.

For my next project I’m thinkin bout a documentary on the people whose real lives are spent exclusively posting on ISH, hundreds of thousands of times each year across a variety of gimmick accounts that even a nerdy 14 year old would find lame and corny af.

Do you know anyone?

For my next project I’m thinkin bout a documentary on the people whose real lives are spent exclusively posting on ISH, hundreds of thousands of times each year across a variety of gimmick accounts that even a nerdy 14 year old would find lame and corny af.

Do you know anyone?
    Seems like your memoirs could chronicle that quite effectively, amigo.

Do you know anyone?

I used to think a book on the subject of internet psychos could be a good read. It can’t just be basketball can it?

There has to be a nut somewhere making 1600 topics on Jerry Rice being better than Randy Moss and the normal people on that site can’t understand how a person can be that obsessed with shit that doesn’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I used to think a book on the subject of internet psychos could be a good read. It can’t just be basketball can it?

There has to be a nut somewhere making 1600 topics on Jerry Rice being better than Randy Moss and the normal people on that site can’t understand how a person can be that obsessed with shit that doesn’t matter.
    I doubt anyone out there in sports discussion land is as obsessive as 3ball lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I doubt anyone out there in sports discussion land is as obsessive as 3ball lol.

3ball not even obsessive, im actually convinced that he just doesnt give a fvck and i can respect that

Either pony up whatever Disney is asking or they will poach your subscription base. That is the sort of game Disney is playing with Google. Disney can afford to play hardball like that because they have their own booming subscription app to fall back on if needed (group of apps). They will play hardball with Sling too when the time comes for a new contract and anyone else like Directv now.

I'm just sick of so many different apps now. We in America left cable/dish for this new game that is turning into the same bs as cable/dish back 4-5yrs ago. We were cord-cutting to save money - well, we are now right back to what we left.
    Last edited by bladefd; 12-18-2021 at 08:24 PM.