Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand being attached to your religion

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    It's funny how these retards start dancing around the topic and start asking questions like "what is real?", "what is nuts?" etc. distracting from what OP is actually saying and turning it back on him.

Typical right wing nutjob behavior. Pathetic.
    Are you really a loser? The undeniable answer to that question is yes.

It's funny how these retards start dancing around the topic and start asking questions like "what is real?", "what is nuts?" etc. distracting from what OP is actually saying and turning it back on him.

Typical right wing nutjob behavior. Pathetic.
    It's called epistemology. You probably don't even know what that means without googling it tbh.

Both sides come to the table with presuppositions btw.

NBA All-star

not sure how people expect to sound intellectual when posting ideas created when women weren't allowed an education

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    not sure how people expect to sound intellectual when posting ideas created when women weren't allowed an education
    and when most people believed the Earth was the center of the universe with the Sun going around until ~4 centuries ago. Most people also thought the Earth was flat for most of human history until maybe just ~5-6 centuries ago

We didn't find out that our galaxy is just 1 of trillions until perhaps a century ago..

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    If you're implying that believers are making a mistake in believing, then that's also a mistake. The non-believer doesn't know one way or the other as well. You can't tell someone of faith, "Well, because I can't see God, then the perception or concept of God is not real".

And again, evidence to the believer is through scriptures and through actual historical record as archaeologists begin to uncover more and more every day. And I know that is not proof to the non-believer. I'm happy leaving it with one doesn't know for sure, but one can have "FAITH" and through Faith and through scriptures, one can become a believer. To each his own though as well.
    The reality is that archeologists are not uncovering more and more every day. It is generally pure myth, designed to fit a predetermined conclusion. The evidence is either nonexistent, or considered highly questionable in peer-review.
    I always find ads about “visiting the Holy Land and seeing the places where jesus walked” hilarious. These sites were created out of thin air by Constantine’s Mom, on her grand tour. Her type of fabrication is still occurring today.
    I find that anyone who does not subscribe to believer’s religious story is immediately labeled an atheist. It’s not that they have spoken against a god, but that they have rejected the others flavor of worship.
    The reality is, the term “atheist” is a term used by the religious.

Since we are asking questions, what is the difference between a religion, and a cult?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    and when most people believed the Earth was the center of the universe with the Sun going around until ~4 centuries ago. Most people also thought the Earth was flat for most of human history until maybe just ~5-6 centuries ago

We didn't find out that our galaxy is just 1 of trillions until perhaps a century ago..
    just because someone makes a statement, doesn't mean you have to believe it or spread it. unless the guy invented the question mark was a real dumbass for having no faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    The reality is that archeologists are not uncovering more and more every day. It is generally pure myth, designed to fit a predetermined conclusion. The evidence is either nonexistent, or considered highly questionable in peer-review.
    I always find ads about “visiting the Holy Land and seeing the places where jesus walked” hilarious. These sites were created out of thin air by Constantine’s Mom, on her grand tour. Her type of fabrication is still occurring today.
    I find that anyone who does not subscribe to believer’s religious story is immediately labeled an atheist. It’s not that they have spoken against a god, but that they have rejected the others flavor of worship.
    The reality is, the term “atheist” is a term used by the religious.

Since we are asking questions, what is the difference between a religion, and a cult?
    Oh damn so it's pure myth?? Man you've opened my eyes. I'm done with believing in God. Thanks for the clarity bro.

NBA All-star

one is role playing, one is applying the role of those role playing in real life scenarios - taking words in the literal concept.

one is getting rid of the followers, one is being content with being the followers and being rid of

one is just in case, one is 'this is it'

Op has eminem as his personal god.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Religion exists because it is easier not to think.

Oh damn so it's pure myth?? Man you've opened my eyes. I'm done with believing in God. Thanks for the clarity bro.
    Maybe you should try opening your eyes to read what I wrote with comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    one is role playing, one is applying the role of those role playing in real life scenarios - taking words in the literal concept.

one is getting rid of the followers, one is being content with being the followers and being rid of

one is just in case, one is 'this is it'

Are you really a loser? The undeniable answer to that question is yes.
    You sell melted rocks at a second hand store and pretend they are valuable fashion accessories. Checkmate, Chicken Patty.

Maybe you should try opening your eyes to read what I wrote with comprehension.
    You didn't write anything worth comprehending. You wrote some stupid opinion which is yours. You Atheists believe you know more than those who are religious. That's your first mistake.

You sell melted rocks at a second hand store and pretend they are valuable fashion accessories. Checkmate, Chicken Patty.
    You mean I have my own business and don't rely on allowance money from Mommy and Daddy??