Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I don't understand being attached to your religion

I just wanna ask why?? You have one life to live, that we know. Why waste it? Let's be honest. Isn't religion just a crutch? Something to make you feel better? Let's be honest. You have no proof. You are allowed to believe whatever you want. But to act like you're right and all superior, is dumb.

Not taking the vaccine because of your religion also doesn't make sense. But you see how religion messes people up? People like Kyrie Irving are afraid all because of what some religion might have suggested.

At the end of the day, religion is religion. It's not fact. Fact is fact. Religion is not fact, it's belief.

What I'm asking is why can't you be open minded? See, non religious people are open minded. If we see proof, then we might go for it. But many of you just jump on a religion based on feeling.

Just try looking at it from the outside in. Try looking at it from a 3rd persons perspective. We don't understand you. I'm talking about extreme people. If you just do it because you like it and you don't let it interfere with your personal decisions then fine.

But let's look at it for what it is. We're in 2021. We have come so far, at least some of us. At some point, don't you gotta start thinking more logically? You can't just depend on information that was given in the caveman days all the time. There's no proof that any of it's true. But people are so deep into their beliefs, that nothing anyone can say will change their mind. They're set in stone.

Default Re: I don't understand being attached to your religion

Are you an atheist? Agnostic?

NBA All-star

there's a voice in your head that is triggered like knee jerk reaction. you know how to turn it off, only, it's rude.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Are you an atheist? Agnostic?
    He's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    He's an idiot.
    I've noticed he can't defend his worldview, only attack others. He has no way to justify morality, laws of logic, the principle of induction, or even science.

I've noticed he can't defend his worldview, only attack others. He has no way to justify morality, laws of logic, the principle of induction, or even science.

Why can’t the worldview just be what it is and how it is presented? Let’s not over complicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Why can’t the worldview just be what it is and how it is presented? Let’s not over complicate it.
    Because nobody is neutral.

Let's start with the moral argument. Why is anything right or wrong and by what standard? I'll give you an example to shoot at: The child molester finds it good to rape children and it makes him happy. By what standard would you call him right or wrong?

Let's start with the moral argument. Why is anything right or wrong and by what standard? I'll give you an example to shoot at: The child molester finds it good to rape children and it makes him happy. By what standard would you call him right or wrong?

You sound nuts.

How is religion different than having a mental illness and being delusional?

You sound nuts.
    Justify your position, I'm still waiting. You have no standard for anything. What even is "nuts"?

How is religion different than having a mental illness and being delusional?
    What is "delusional"? Why aren't you the delusional one?

What is "delusional"? Why aren't you the delusional one?
    i wouldn't call either side of the argument of "god's" existence delusional, but if you HAD to pick a delusional (there must be a better word) side, it would be the believers, imo.

having faith isn't in the least bit delusional, but believing without evidence arguably is. without evidence, have faith. with evidence, begin to believe.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Justify your position, I'm still waiting. You have no standard for anything. What even is "nuts"?
    Anyone without a simpleton mindset like his. Don't waste your time with this troll.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

The standard where raping a child has a negative impact on the child's life. So it's similar to religion I suppose. Good point mate.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    i wouldn't call either side of the argument of "god's" existence delusional, but if you HAD to pick a delusional (there must be a better word) side, it would be the believers, imo.

having faith isn't in the least bit delusional, but believing without evidence arguably is. without evidence, have faith. with evidence, begin to believe.
    I would challenge that notion.

By what standard can a non-believer (atheist) justify his moral position? By what standard?

How can an atheist account for science? Where does uniformity in nature come from in a world that he believes at it's foundation is time and chance acting on matter?