Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Jordan gets torched by some individual named Rex Chapman, then has others guard h

Some individual named Rex Chapman?

You've embarrassed yourself, op.

College superstar

Default Re: Jordan gets torched by some individual named Rex Chapman, then has others guard h

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post

Sounds like a car mechanic to the OP.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Fun facts some you may not now. Rex Chapman was very athletic.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    If destroy means drop 15 points on them, sure.

Damn. Just looked up his stats. He did only have 15ppg average.

I would have sworn his ppg would have been higher and he had a few 20+ppg seasons. I think the reason being is he always stepped up big during nationally televised games. I remember him being a lot more impactful than just a 15ppg scorer

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace View Post
    Damn. Just looked up his stats. He did only have 15ppg average.

I would have sworn his ppg would have been higher and he had a few 20+ppg seasons. I think the reason being is he always stepped up big during nationally televised games. I remember him being a lot more impactful than just a 15ppg scorer

I think part of his problem is that he was a skinny guy in the physical era. Back then if you were skinny taking it to the basket it was hazardous to your health. He got hurt a lot. He looked like he never saw the inside of a weight room. Out of the league at 32.

His rookie year was the only season he played over 70 games.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I think part of his problem is that he was a skinny guy in the physical era. Back then if you were skinny taking it to the basket it was hazardous to your health. He got hurt a lot. He looked like he never saw the inside of a weight room. Out of the league at 32.

His rookie year was the only season he played over 70 games.
    His prime ended right when the internet took off mainstream. Back when if people couldn't judge you by awards, championships or banners they judged you by the eye test on TV. Just 5 years after his prime people judged players by running to the computer screen and looking up their stats and the box score. I did the same because the guy was a stud on the big TV networks. I had no idea til now he was a career 15ppg scorer. If the internet existed back then he'd be a nobody since he didn't have any chips, all-star appearances or gaudy stats

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post

Imagine being so desperate to make Jordan's perimeter competition look good that you try to make a guy whose career best season is 18, 2 and 3 (and who averaged 14 ppg in the season this clip is from) look like legit competition.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    Imagine being so desperate to make Jordan's perimeter competition look good that you try to make a guy whose career best season is 18, 2 and 3 (and who averaged 14 ppg in the season this clip is from) look like legit competition.

Imagine you actually making a good thread. I can't lol