Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why does Carmello look like a god this year? What changed?

This is arguably the best team he's ever played on. Even with Bron injured, he has two superstars that the opposing defense has to account for and Russ is actually great at finding open shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    This is arguably the best team he's ever played on. Even with Bron injured, he has two superstars that the opposing defense has to account for and Russ is actually great at finding open shooters.
    Imagine thinking Westbrook is still a superstar lmao. ImRetarded strikes again.

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Its all about LeMentor

Kuzma and caruso are #1 and #2 in the East. Its because they remember their valuable lessons.

Coincidence? Don't think so lol

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Imagine thinking Westbrook is still a superstar lmao. ImRetarded strikes again.
    He is. I'm not a huge fan of his game and don't want the ball in his hands in crunch time but he definitely still is one of the biggest names/draws in the NBA and can have nights like 25/12/14 on good efficiency against a great defensive team like Miami and he did drag the Wizards to the POs last year when they had no business being there.

Regardless, the Lakers IMO are the best team he's ever played on, which does help a player's efficiency when his job is to shoot catch & shoot 3s and he gets more open looks due to the quality of teammates he's playing with. Teams are going to leave him wide open to deal with AD/WB/Bron and he's improved his shot and is more comfortable in his role.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He is. I'm not a huge fan of his game and don't want the ball in his hands in crunch time but he definitely still is one of the biggest names/draws in the NBA and can have nights like 25/12/14 on good efficiency against a great defensive team like Miami and he did drag the Wizards to the POs last year when they had no business being there.

Regardless, the Lakers IMO are the best team he's ever played on, which does help a player's efficiency when his job is to shoot catch & shoot 3s and he gets more open looks due to the quality of teammates he's playing with. Teams are going to leave him wide open to deal with AD/WB/Bron and he's improved his shot and is more comfortable in his role.
    He’s putting up Michael Carter-Williams stats with a handful of extra uncontested rebounds. His efficiency is worst in the league bad. The Wizards are looking pretty good without him. Superstars don’t have negative -3 BPMs. He hasn’t been a superstar since his MVP season. This is far from the best team he’s played on, your opinions are dogshit and always based on making LeBron look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He’s putting up Michael Carter-Williams stats with a handful of extra uncontested rebounds. His efficiency is worst in the league bad. The Wizards are looking pretty good without him. Superstars don’t have negative -3 BPMs. He hasn’t been a superstar since his MVP season.
    Wizards got a great package for him so I'm not surprised that they're doing well. I'd have rather had Kuzma/KCP + Hield for the Playoffs than Westbrook but it's undeniable that he's still one of the biggest names/draws in the league and gets the superstar treatment with how much he's discussed compared to players who are statistically better but not as polarizing. Dame's a superstar and he's had poor efficiency numbers too so far (worse than Westbrook), but you would still put on him on that level. Russ has started out bad like every RS so I wouldn't worry about his efficiency numbers too much early on. He's played better without Bron, he can still put up 20+/10+/10+ a game and be a net-positive but it's going to be awkward with two of them on the court at the same time. That Portland game really hurt his numbers but he's actually been decent(by his standards) in terms of scoring in most games so far.

Banned

dame isnt a superstar. gotta prove himself under the new rules.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He hasn’t been a superstar since his MVP season.

That is as bad as a 3ball take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Depends if we’re talking superstar by impact or by media status.

By impact he was never one.

By media status he probably still is one, bc theres still enough suckers who will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Nah it really isn’t. It depends on your definition of a superstar.
    Westbrook’s popularity and stats are superstar level, but his impact is no where near it.
    But you probably consider guys like Dame a superstar so I guess it’s different.

NBA All-star

deepest perimeter defense team he's been on in a while

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Depends if we’re talking superstar by impact or by media status.

By impact he was never one.

By media status he probably still is one, bc theres still enough suckers who will buy it.
    I agree, also depends on your definition of a superstar. From 2018-2021 there are a handful of guys I'm taking over Westbrook... LeBron, Kawhi, Durant, AD, Harden, Giannis, Lillard, AD, Curry, Jokic, Doncic. That's already 11 guys right there and considering guys like CP3 have proven to have a bigger impact on a team's success than Westbrook it isn't crazy at all to say he was never really a superstar.

Mark Cuban even said it.

NBA All-star

when your teammates gives you a triple double what else is there to do besides hitting open jump shots, crash the board when he drives, and no easy fouls

High School Starter

He's just hot right now. He'll come back right down to earth and it won't look pretty at times.