Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Will a 3rd MVP Put Curry In the Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    When Steph retires we will appreciate him a lot more.

He is the dude that led his team to the most wins in NBA history. 73 wins is an impossible feat.
    He had an unanimous MVP. The only unanimous MVP in NBA history out of 60 something MVP winners.
    Most 3 pointers in NBA history.
    Changed the game forever.

His impact on the game is more than LeBron's impact which hurts me to admit. Steph has everybody from 6 feet to 7 feet hoisting up threes.
    the thing is steph didn't really change the game. lebron did and harden did way more

for all of stephs career only the regular season saw three point shooters and foul drawing machines dominate. then when the playoffs rolled around the mid range shooters, best defenders and strongest guys took over. and now rhe nba just got rid hardens glitch moves so curry is the only one that's gonna shine during the regular season now. and when the playoffs come if the refs continue this trend then nobody will score without threes cause putting the ball on the floor will be useless.

the 2010s changed to suit lebron and the 2020s changed to kill harden

no player changed anything. the league did to suit the guys they like

curry without a mid range guy like Durant and defender like iggy wins nothing. and without the newest rules he would have faded away. curry is just the benefactor of being in the right place at the right time. hes a front runner and needs klay to come back if he ever wants to win again. we all saw how him and Durant took over in 2019 before their injuries. in the 2016 finals draymond took over his team and in 2015 iggy took over. it's an ongoing trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    I was waiting until someone explicitly spells out the agenda behind the thread. And now we have it.
    No agenda.

Warriors are 9-1 right now without Klay and its because of Steph.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Only a matter of time before both Durant & Curry surpass Kobe.
    Curry already has. Look how bad he triggers kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    with the new rules they're designed specifically for the Warriors. especially when klay comes back. I see another 1 to 2 titles honestly.
    How are the new rules helping the Warriors? Because teams are allowed to play more defense?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    How are the new rules helping the Warriors? Because teams are allowed to play more defense?
    Everytime someone surpasses Kobe, he goes a little more insane.

the thing is steph didn't really change the game. lebron did and harden did way more

for all of stephs career only the regular season saw three point shooters and foul drawing machines dominate. then when the playoffs rolled around the mid range shooters, best defenders and strongest guys took over. and now rhe nba just got rid hardens glitch moves so curry is the only one that's gonna shine during the regular season now. and when the playoffs come if the refs continue this trend then nobody will score without threes cause putting the ball on the floor will be useless.

the 2010s changed to suit lebron and the 2020s changed to kill harden

no player changed anything. the league did to suit the guys they like

curry without a mid range guy like Durant and defender like iggy wins nothing. and without the newest rules he would have faded away. curry is just the benefactor of being in the right place at the right time. hes a front runner and needs klay to come back if he ever wants to win again. we all saw how him and Durant took over in 2019 before their injuries. in the 2016 finals draymond took over his team and in 2015 iggy took over. it's an ongoing trend.
    Did he fade last season before the new rules when he was 3rd in MVP voting with the worst team in the league being top scorer with 65.5%? You f*cking idiot.

I don’t understand how y’all KD shit for his 2017/2018 rings, then give Curry full credit.
    They both were on the same unfairly stacked team. At least KD was the one winning FMVP.

NBA All-star

most certainly. as long as it is also on the record that the NBA's track record on producing athletes that live a long life is mediocre for recent history, abysmal at best for its entire history.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Did he fade last season before the new rules when he was 3rd in MVP voting with the worst team in the league being top scorer with 65.5%? You f*cking idiot.

Yea, I remember hearing the argument that Curry's efficiency is so high because he has Klay next to him, that argument went out the window last season when he had a 65 TS% and led the NBA in scoring without Klay. And Curry was never a foul baiter so the new rules haven't effected him.

Just by the eye test alone you could tell he could translate to any era, I mean, what rules were implemented back then that could prevent Curry from hitting deep 3s off the dribble on a consistent bases? None of the great shooters today connects on 3s the way Curry does. If anything defenses from the early 00's or 90's would have to change their entire defense completely considering teams back then didn't really guard the 3 point line like they do today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Curry already has. Look how bad he triggers kenny.
    you think I'm not cheering for curry? I assure you I thoroughly enjoyed 2017 and 2018

and I always say I'd rather have any version of lebron from.2012 to 2018 than curry so by your logic I would have to place curry ahead of lebron all time in terms of a threat level to kobe and that's simply not the case because nobody has ever even tried making the comparison while the other is made every day all day since insidehoops was created

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

you think I'm not cheering for curry? I assure you I thoroughly enjoyed 2017 and 2018

and I always say I'd rather have any version of lebron from.2012 to 2018 than curry so by your logic I would have to place curry ahead of lebron all time in terms of a threat level to kobe and that's simply not the case because nobody has ever even tried making the comparison while the other is made every day all day since insidehoops was created
    Keep cheering, before you know it he will be ranked ahead of Kobe.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yeah, but with the caveat that he's the clear-cut best player in the series and there's no 'the other team was depleted by injuries' talking points. Because pretty much 1) KD joining him 2) no FMVPs 3) his one KD-less ring came against a depleted team, are the major bullets points people bring up. I don't think a 'legit' FMVP and ring gets him into the top 10, but it at least kills the argument that he was only able to win under *very* favourable conditions. Winning a third MVP, a couple of scoring titles and obliterating the 3 point record should be enough to solidify top 15 status, at the very least. Mind you, it seems like the rest of the league caught up to the Warriors style( especially since KD left), so winning a chip especially at his age and within that context would be a major legacy booster.
    I don't know man. Warriors still play smarter than most teams. Plus They have a good defense and if klay returns healthy they'll have the best 2 shooters on the planet. They'll be tough to beat. Lakers and bucs are the only teams that match up well imo and who knows if lakers will be healthy and if bucks come out the east.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    I don’t understand how y’all KD shit for his 2017/2018 rings, then give Curry full credit.
    They both were on the same unfairly stacked team. At least KD was the one winning FMVP.
    yeah I'm pretty sure curry had to sign off on that collusion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Keep cheering, before you know it he will be ranked ahead of Kobe.
    kobes still ranked ahead of lebron by most non internet trolls so I would be more worried if I were you. it's Curry/lebrons era. not kobes

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    Plus Steph and company were recruiting KD for almost the entire 2016 season, as the reigning champions.

From Woj:

"Here's the thing that's interesting about Golden State -- their players have been recruiting Kevin Durant all year. And it goes back to early in the season when the Thunder were struggling. And I don't know if Golden State saw them as a peer; I don't know that they saw them as a threat ... Kevin Durant, just like he was hearing from guys in Boston, Washington, different places -- he was hearing from guys on the Warriors about, 'Hey, you can come help take the pressure off of Steph Curry. We need you.' This is when they were running off win after win after win.

"They had him on their mind. He's been on their mind. And it appealed to him. And some of it was text messages, it's a lot of that. But the communication with some of the players in Golden State and Kevin, that's just not just starting now."

"I talked to Draymond Green earlier in the year. We were talking hypothetically about a big free agent. Hey listen -- what player there (in Golden State) would have more to lose if you were looking at it from a selfish point of view, than Draymond Green? He's the third guy, he's still an All-Star. Well, he'll become the fourth guy with Kevin Durant.

"Are you gonna take four All-Stars from Golden State? If Kevin Durant comes, does Draymond Green remain an All-Star? Maybe he does, but maybe not. Would there be less offense for Draymond? Yeah, there's gonna be less offense for everybody.

"Yet Draymond has been as adamant as anybody, 'If we can get Kevin Durant, let's get Kevin Durant, because you know why? We will win.'"

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...ant-all-season