Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will a 3rd MVP Put Curry In the Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    iggy had lebron shooting 29% from outside 5 feet lmao

before he started the cavs were on the way to winning the series. how can a guy be finals mvp if he had zero impact on the wins and losses
    Iggy gave Bron more finals MVP votes in 2015 than Kobe's 5 first finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    No but a chip with a fmvp would
    Yeah, but with the caveat that he's the clear-cut best player in the series and there's no 'the other team was depleted by injuries' talking points. Because pretty much 1) KD joining him 2) no FMVPs 3) his one KD-less ring came against a depleted team, are the major bullets points people bring up. I don't think a 'legit' FMVP and ring gets him into the top 10, but it at least kills the argument that he was only able to win under *very* favourable conditions. Winning a third MVP, a couple of scoring titles and obliterating the 3 point record should be enough to solidify top 15 status, at the very least. Mind you, it seems like the rest of the league caught up to the Warriors style( especially since KD left), so winning a chip especially at his age and within that context would be a major legacy booster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Curry won 73 games in 2016. His 2016 MVP is worth more than almost any regular season MVP.

The 2016 season will go down in history as the defining year where basketball was forever changed. He single handedly changed the entire game.
    the funny thing is you're all hyped about curry cause you think it's kobe who he's gonna pass but if curry ends up with 2 more titles and another mvp people will be saying he was the best player of lebrons generation.

be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Yeah, but with the caveat that he's the clear-cut best player in the series and there's no 'the other team was depleted by injuries' talking points. Because pretty much 1) KD joining him 2) no FMVPs 3) his one KD-less ring came against a depleted team, are the major bullets points people bring up. I don't think a 'legit' FMVP and ring gets him into the top 10, but it at least kills the argument that he was only able to win under *very* favourable conditions. Winning a third MVP, a couple of scoring titles and obliterating the 3 point record should be enough to solidify top 15 status, at the very least. Mind you, it seems like the rest of the league caught up to the Warriors style( especially since KD left), so winning a chip especially at his age and within that context would be a major legacy booster.
    He's already top 15. He already has feats noone else in the history of the game has if he retires today. On top of that, he's got the rings & MVPs.

- GOAT shooter
    - changed the game
    - best record ever for RS
    - best record ever for PS
    - 2 MVPs
    - 3 Rings

If he wins 1 more MVP and 1 scoring title, he will jump in the top 10.

the funny thing is you're all hyped about curry cause you think it's kobe who he's gonna pass but if curry ends up with 2 more titles and another mvp people will be saying he was the best player of lebrons generation.

Steph's 33. He would need to win way too much in the next 3 years to get into that conversation. I'd give it a 5% chance at best.

Banned

Iggy gave Bron more finals MVP votes in 2015 than Kobe's 5 first finals.
    the real finals was in the west at that time though. we've gone over this a bazillion times. and we all know how it ends. with you waking up realizing you wasted another 20 years of your life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    He's already top 15. He already has feats noone else in the history of the game has if he retires today. On top of that, he's got the rings & MVPs.

- GOAT shooter
    - changed the game
    - 2 MVPs
    - 3 Rings

Steph's 33. He would need to win way too much in the next 3 years to get into that conversation. I'd give it a 5% chance at best.

with the new rules they're designed specifically for the Warriors. especially when klay comes back. I see another 1 to 2 titles honestly.

If Curry wins 5 championships, 3 MVPS, 1 Finals MVP he will still be behind LeBron.

But he will catapult probably into top 7 range.

Unlike you, I don't mind seeing great players move up the rankings.

Steph is already greater than Kobe. People just don’t like giving him credit.

the real finals was in the west at that time though. we've gone over this a bazillion times. and we all know how it ends. with you waking up realizing you wasted another 20 years of your life
    What waste? I spent the last 10 years seeing Bron catapult from top 10 to top 1 all time. Was the most joyful 10 years of my life.

- GOAT shooter
    - changed the game
    - 2 MVPs
    - 3 Rings

Yes, I agree he's top 15. I'm actually the one on here who first threw out that he should be 12th in the on-going ISH top 50 list and ahead of West/Oscar. And that's where he landed. When I say 'solidly' top 15....its moreso for those who don't have his career at that level 'right now'. I do.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t-Clock-Era-12

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I agree with SBT...here's where it gets interesting. This is where guys like Dr.J, Oscar, West and Moses now get pitted against your KDs and Currys.

I'm at the point of thinking that guys like West and Oscar, historic as they are, should be starting to slide a little in the ranks. I'm going for broke and voting Steph. Whatever you think of the current era of 3pointer ball, its no doubt attributed to teams having to adjust to him and the teams he anchored. He's simply one of the most influential players ever and him being the greatest 3point shooter ever is basically objective fact.

- GOAT shooter
    - changed the game
    - 2 MVPs
    - 3 Rings

When Steph retires we will appreciate him a lot more.

He is the dude that led his team to the most wins in NBA history. 73 wins is an impossible feat.
    He had an unanimous MVP. The only unanimous MVP in NBA history out of 60 something MVP winners.
    Most 3 pointers in NBA history.
    Changed the game forever.

His impact on the game is more than LeBron's impact which hurts me to admit. Steph has everybody from 6 feet to 7 feet hoisting up threes.

When Steph retires we will appreciate him a lot more.

He is the dude that led his team to the most wins in NBA history. 73 wins is an impossible feat.
    He had an unanimous MVP. The only unanimous MVP in NBA history out of 60 something MVP winners.
    Most 3 pointers in NBA history.
    Changed the game forever.

His impact on the game is more than LeBron's impact which hurts me to admit. Steph has everybody from 6 feet to 7 feet hoisting up threes.
    Steph is the greatest offensive player ever. And LeBron beat him and a 73 win team with a flat earth lunatic as his sidekick

LeGod

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Steph is the greatest offensive player ever. And LeBron beat him and a 73 win team with a flat earth lunatic as his sidekick

LeGod
    I was waiting until someone explicitly spells out the agenda behind the thread. And now we have it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Only a matter of time before both Durant & Curry surpass Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post

LeGod
    LeBron winning in 2016 is why LeBron can claim GOAT status.

But let's not poopoo what the Warriors did in 2016.

Winning 73 games is an impossible feat.