Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Here is the real reason why people don't want to take the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21 View Post
    False. It was actually just a few months ago during the summer of 2021. People weren't even allowed to visit family members from different households. Kids weren't even allowed to go to skateparks and even got fined for shooting on a outdoor basketball courts even if they were alone.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/6...-at-home-order
    ''Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., police officers and other provincial offences officers will have the authority to require any individual to provide their home address and purpose for not being at their residence. In addition, police officers, special constables and First Nation Constables will have the authority to stop vehicles to inquire about an individual's reasons for leaving their home. This additional enforcement tool will only be in effect during the Stay-at-Home order and exclusively to enforce the Stay-at-Home order....Close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as golf courses, basketball courts, soccer fields, and playgrounds with limited exceptions.''
    It still didn't stop you to skate and practice basketball drills around your house. Also, unless it was a serious, blatant rule breaking, the stay-at-home order enforcement wasn't that harsh in Ontario neither.

Can you give me the scientific explanation behind being allowed to sit down at a table to eat/talk for hours surrounded by a bunch of strangers but having to put on a mask to pee by yourself in the restroom? Is it the 6 feet distance between the tables that prevents you from catching Covid or is Covid transmission reduced while you are sitting down?
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778233

However, in states that implemented a statewide mask mandate before reopening restaurants for indoor dining, the increased risk of cases was attenuated by up to 90% and deaths by 80%.7 After 8 weeks, in states that reopened restaurants without a mask mandate, excess cases were 643.1 per 100 000 compared with 62.9 per 100 000 in states with a mask mandate. Similarly, excess deaths were 31.7 per 100 000 in states without a mask mandate compared with 6.1 per 100 000 in states with a mask mandate. This finding suggests that adopting prevention measures such as mask mandates could help counteract the anticipated growth in COVID-19 cases and deaths as restaurants open for on-premises dining.7
    Last edited by BurningHammer; 11-18-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    It still didn't stop you to skate and practice basketball drills around your house. Also, unless it was a serious, blatant rule breaking, the stay-at-home order enforcement wasn't that harsh in Ontario neither.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778233
    Not everybody has the privilege of living in a house with backyard space to play in. Lots of folks out there living in block apartments in crowded citys.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...park-1.6017221
    An Ottawa family says they were shocked to receive an $880 fine days after letting their 14-year-old son use a nearby skateboarding park on his birthday.

Merrick Batstone's family decided to celebrate his 14th birthday on May 3 by visiting Legacy Skatepark to enjoy some fresh air and exercise.

The family said there were no barriers or signs indicating the public park was off limits, and Merrick was wearing a face mask and keeping a safe distance from others. But it wasn't long before Ottawa bylaw officers showed up and told everyone to leave. The family says they were never asked to provide identification, but days later, a bylaw officer knocked on their door and handed them an $880 ticket for violating COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. "I was shocked," said Michelle Opthof, Merrick's mother. "$880, that can be someone's rent for the month, and I couldn't believe it."

"I felt horrible," Merrick said. "I think I did all the precautions, like with the two-metre distancing, and I just honestly didn't know what was wrong with what I was doing."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...rder-1.5901388

'My mind was blown': Ontario couple fined $880 for Pokémon GO outing amid stay-at-home order

Matthew Steeves and his wife haven't had a moment alone in months, but when they stole away for a drive on Wednesday and stopped to play Pokémon GO, their brief getaway ended with a fine of $880.

The couple, who live in the town of Kingsville, Ont., south of Windsor, had pulled into an empty church parking lot to capture some digital monsters.

But an Ontario Provincial Police cruiser drove up behind them and the officer asked what they were doing, Steeves said. The officer then told them their trip wasn't essential and handed the pair a fine for violating lockdown restrictions.
    #Science

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...d-19-1.5537814

William Vogelsang was surprised to see two bylaw officers heading toward him on the outdoor basketball court at the Eva James Memorial Community Centre last Wednesday afternoon.

The 17-year-old was alone and thought — mistakenly — that there was only a ban on shooting hoops in groups, under new rules implemented to help halt the spread of COVID-19. After all, he'd been there the day before, alone, with no issue.

The officers immediately told him he wasn't allowed to be there. "And I was like, 'Oh, I'm sorry about that, I'll be leaving,'" said Vogelsang.

But, he said, the officers insisted they'd have to issue him a ticket.

"I've never gotten in trouble like that before," he said. "It was a big incident. Everyone's walking past with their with dogs. I was getting nervous and embarrassed."

According to the teen, the bylaw officers demanded his identification. Vogelsang didn't have any on him, but said his mother could text him a picture of his photo ID — or even bring it herself. Instead, the officers chose to confirm his identity by calling Ottawa police, who arrived about 20 minutes later....The teen was also shocked by the amount of the fine, which was more than $700, and worried about how he'd pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    In Canada, they're telling everyone that got AZ to take a booster shot of either Pfizer or Moderna, which is funny because back then when we only had AZ, they told us AZ was better.

A huge part of the vaccine hesitancy is the government's horrible roll out of vaccines, and the information that keeps changing based on convenience.

When we were low on Pfizer or Moderna - AZ is better.

When we restocked Pfizer & Moderna - AZ isn't good, go for Pfizer or Moderna.

When we ran out of Pfizer - Moderna is the better choice. It's actually better to mix 1st dose of Pfizer, 2nd dose of Moderna.

We we restocked Pfizer - Mixing isn't good. If you mixed, you should get a 3rd booster shot.

That's just the vaccines. Remember the masks situation?

When we were low on masks - Do not wear a mask unless you're a health care worker. It's not recommended.

When we got more masks - Wear a mask asap.

When we got a lot of masks - double up on masks. Don't forget to wear a mask during sexual intercourse as well.

These "medical professionals" should all be fired.
    Aw yikes lol. It might be better to not follow them at all times then if they're causing too much confusion with these mandates that often differ from time to time. If this is the case, then you can always just choose to follow the most simple and original ones. Like wearing face masks and observing social distancing. They can also have your hands sanitized before going inside establishments. I'd personally have no problems with those if they're the only things they would want. But for some, a swab test is needed. I find it uncomfortable and i don't understand why it's still required for those who are already fully vaccinated lmao. Years from now or maybe even starting today, i feel like present or future students would have theses and their topic might be about covid plus the perception of people about it, along with how mandates relating to it have caused a lot of confusions to the society.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Aw yikes lol. It might be better to not follow them at all times then if they're causing too much confusion with these mandates that often differ from time to time. If this is the case, then you can always just choose to follow the most simple and original ones. Like wearing face masks and observing social distancing. They can also have your hands sanitized before going inside establishments. I'd personally have no problems with those if they're the only things they would want. But for some, a swab test is needed. I find it uncomfortable and i don't understand why it's still required for those who are already fully vaccinated lmao. Years from now or maybe even starting today, i feel like present or future students would have theses and their topic might be about covid plus the perception of people about it, along with how mandates relating to it have caused a lot of confusions to the society.
    Canada just announced that we won't be required to do the swab test for vaccinated individuals that leave the country and return in 72 hours. I can finally go across the border for 3 days without having that thing stuck up my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    Canada just announced that we won't be required to do the swab test for vaccinated individuals that leave the country and return in 72 hours. I can finally go across the border for 3 days without having that thing stuck up my nose.
    Good news.

But what about quarantine? Is there anything such rt once you come back from overseas travels? Sorry if i haven't followed properly.