Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

holy shit, son!

that's what i'm talkin' bout. thats what i'm talkin' bout!

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

I never did play San Andreas. Shit I ain't played any of these since PS2. May be worth a purchase...

The same games with sharper graphics? Meh. Maybe if they added some content.

Would buy it if it's cheap enough.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

$60 at Amazon and Gamestop. It looks like they're staggering release dates, too. The Switch version drops on Dec 7, PS4 on Dec 20, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    $60 at Amazon and Gamestop. It looks like they're staggering release dates, too. The Switch version drops on Dec 7, PS4 on Dec 20, and so forth.
    next gen & pc all release on the same day though, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    next gen & pc all release on the same day though, iirc.
    I would have thought PC release would be last. But I'm with Axe, if all it consists of is graphics upgrade, hell no. If there are bigger maps, new content, that sort of thing, than I might consider it. But hell, I still have RDR2 waiting to be played.

I would have thought PC release would be last. But I'm with Axe, if all it consists of is graphics upgrade, hell no. If there are bigger maps, new content, that sort of thing, than I might consider it. But hell, I still have RDR2 waiting to be played.

If R* can make new releases of these games for current-generation consoles, then i don't see any problems for them doing the same thing for other of their old but equally popular games. Like Bully, for example. They released an optimized version of that game for smartphones around five years ago. I'm not sure if you guys have played or are familiar with it but i had a lot of fun playing that one compared to GTA: SA.

yrah, i haven't played rdr2 yet either. the big attraction with the gta remaster is mostly nostalgia. i was nuts about those games back in the day, and haven't played them since. experiencing them in 4k with high res textures and modern lighting/shadows will be the shit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post

If R* can make new releases of these games for current-generation consoles, then i don't see any problems for them doing the same thing for other of their old but equally popular games. Like Bully, for example. They released an optimized version of that game for smartphones around five years ago. I'm not sure if you guys have played or are familiar with it but i had a lot of fun playing that one compared to GTA: SA.
    remasters and even remakes seem to be catching on as somewhat of a trend now. there's even credible rumors of rdr getting a remaster as well, but apparently not anytime soon. after the success of demon's souls and the proper job blue point did with it, and the gta trilogy looking promising, hopefully it sets the tone for quality going forward... because the dark souls 1 remaster from a few years ago was shit. god of war (2018?) is coming to pc to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    remasters and even remakes seem to be catching on as somewhat of a trend now. there's even credible rumors of rdr getting a remaster as well, but apparently not anytime soon. after the success of demon's souls and the proper job blue point did with it, and the gta trilogy looking promising, hopefully it sets the tone for quality going forward... because the dark souls 1 remaster from a few years ago was shit. god of war (2018?) is coming to pc to boot.
    Lol yeah. Even first-party games such as pokemon have those remasters/remakes for more recent consoles but some devs, like nintendo and gamefreak, really overhaul many parts of their games that would result into better gameplay more or less.

With pokemon, ofc that includes the updated pokedex, trainers' convenience, battle animations, online features and what more. For instance, raising a pokemon in omega ruby/alpha sapphire is more fun and relaxing than doing the same thing in their original counterparts. I'm not sure if this gta trilogy would get the same treatment in its own way by R* ofc but even if it doesn't, well, at least they'll be available for the present consoles which is always a good thing.

Regarding god of war, that would be nice if they can make an online multiplayer mode that will be similar to gta online and rdr2. That would make it attractive for players who engage in that a lot.

I picked the game up for my nephew, and played it for a few minutes while he was doing other stuff. Not impressed. Graphics are better, but still very obviously dated. There's a minimap and GPS, as if you'd ever get lost in the early GTA games. Everything else seems pretty much the same. Might be worth the $60 if you never played any of the early GTA games and wanted to try them out, but otherwise I feel it's a ripoff.

The game is getting TRASHED all over the internet. Seems to be a massive failure and FU to the fans.

yeah, the majority of reviews & comments aren't favorable to say the least. they really shit the bed with the pc version too.