NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default practice : your talking about PRACTICE

AI gets a two foot statue in the 6'ers PRACTICE facility

Is this an insult or what ???????????????

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ctice-facility

Default Re: practice : your talking about PRACTICE

It’s not an insult and I’ll tell you why. First fans in general don’t know but a lot of sixers fans as well have zero clue about the Legends Walk located at the Sixers state of the art Training facility in Camden. Yes not Philly. Yes not outside the Sixers arena which has Dr J and Wilt statues. It’s across the bridge and not a place fans can tour. Tightly secured. You can drive past it of if your in Camden to see a concert at the BBT Pavilion you got a view of the facility. But yeah it’s a row of Sixers legends from Wilt to Barkley to Mo Cheeks to Cunningham to Moses to Hal Greer paying homage as present and future Sixers walk past them on their way to do work.

This was never intended to be a life sized statue of AI. Which is why some sixers fans are remedial and it lets me know they had zero clue about the Legends Walk that honors past Sixers greats with similar sized statues doing signature moves (Iverson is hunched over because he’s known for the crossover).

When sixers relocate downtown Philly at some point Im positive AI will be blessed with a life sized statue.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: practice : your talking about PRACTICE

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    It’s not an insult and I’ll tell you why. First fans in general don’t know but a lot of sixers fans as well have zero clue about the Legends Walk located at the Sixers state of the art Training facility in Camden. Yes not Philly. Yes not outside the Sixers arena which has Dr J and Wilt statues. It’s across the bridge and not a place fans can tour. Tightly secured. You can drive past it of if your in Camden to see a concert at the BBT Pavilion you got a view of the facility. But yeah it’s a row of Sixers legends from Wilt to Barkley to Mo Cheeks to Cunningham to Moses to Hal Greer paying homage as present and future Sixers walk past them on their way to do work.

This was never intended to be a life sized statue of AI. Which is why some sixers fans are remedial and it lets me know they had zero clue about the Legends Walk that honors past Sixers greats with similar sized statues doing signature moves (Iverson is hunched over because he’s known for the crossover).

When sixers relocate downtown Philly at some point Im positive AI will be blessed with a life sized statue.
    did not know that Gobb.
    I assumed it would be in front of the arena .