Thread: Pete Carroll

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Pete Carroll

Much has been said about Belichick struggling without Brady. What about Pete though? A lot of the shine has come off his star. We are gonna find out real quick just how much of his success is tied to Russell Wilson. I don't think it's gonna be pretty at the end of these 6 weeks. That defense looks bad. Jamal Adams has looked lost in pass coverage and takes the wrong angels against the run. Maybe he always did, but it's really come into focus since he got paid.

I don't think Pete's a bad coach, but I don't think he's a great one anymore either.

Default Re: Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll is the most overrated HC in NFL history. He benefitted with the Legion of Boom and one of the most dynamic offenses in the NFL those years.

Pete has never been a great coach. During his tenure the Seahawks have always been chaotic and messy in the aspects of the game that are responsibility of the coaching staff - game planning, play calling, time management, etc.

I dunno how much of the personnel management is Pete and how much is GM John Schneider, but personnel has been the reason why the Seahawks have done well during Petes reign... more often than not they have enough talent to overcome whatever stupid decisions the coaches are making.

Anyway, I doubt theres a single coach in the league who would be very successful going from Russel Wilson to Geno Smith.

Pete didn't even want to coach in the nfl, but there was the whole scandal at usc. He knew he was going to be punished and his reputation was down the dump at the college level. He ran to the nfl before the investigation was done I believe. Had he waited too long, he would have to answer too many questions & nfl teams like Seahawks may have not hired him over it.