Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Week 1 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    of course they won't call it because it's Brady on a final drive.

But look at the week Shit they've called in the past...

36:24 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaREL8LSN-s
    lol at using a game from 1995 as an example. I agree by definition it was a PI, but it was a rather weak push off to be honest, defender without a doubt sold it. Similar to MJ's push off on Byron Russell.

Cowboys had way too many opportunities but couldn't finish those possessions. You can't force that many turnovers, go scoreless on that many drives and expect to win.

Tom Brady is my MVP pick, might throw for 50+ tds and 5500+ yds in a 17 game season with the best record. If he stays healthy ofc

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    Tom Brady is my MVP pick, might throw for 50+ tds and 5500+ yds in a 17 game season with the best record. If he stays healthy ofc
    He has to keep turnovers down. Game yesterday was sub-par when it comes to takeaways.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    He has to keep turnovers down. Game yesterday was sub-par when it comes to takeaways.
    This is why you can’t just look at numbers. Neither INT was his fault

Shocked at the eagles winning... so easily. Good job Falcons

Also at the Texans winning easily. These are supposed to be the 2 worst teams, no? NFL remains any given sunday

Kinda surprising to see Saints whippin Packer azz but we all knew they had talent. Maybe noodle armed brees was holding them back

Jones looks pretty good for New England. NFL is so fn soft, Dolphins sacked Jones and took a penalty for roughing for a simple ankle wrap tackle. Ughhhhhhhh

Mac Jones is doing pretty good against an elite defense

Hell of a comeback by the Chiefs to win that opener. They are not dead yet.

Who expected the Packers to shit the bed like that? Probably the worst game of Rodger's career.

What a game listening to my boy Eli, they really gonna force me to watch mnf every week aren't they?

I tend to be a pretty even keeled guy, but the up and down of emotions I had in the finals second of the 4th up until the game ended in OT was insane. Holy shit, thought for sure we would lose the moment we threw that INT in the redzone in OT. Thank God for that defense forcing Lamar to fumble.

Also wtf was Gruden thinking in that OT sending the kicking team on 2nd down and then taking a delay of game??

Our offense struggled big in the first half and our defense actually looks decent this year. If we can get a receiver to step up our offense will be so much better instead of Waller all the time. Carr was very inaccurate tonight probably rusty since he didnt play at all during preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino View Post
    Our offense struggled big in the first half and our defense actually looks decent this year. If we can get a receiver to step up our offense will be so much better instead of Waller all the time. Carr was very inaccurate tonight probably rusty since he didnt play at all during preseason
    Not having Hudson at center is a huge reason for his early struggles tonight. Can't count how many times a Baltimore player put pressure on Carr with nobody blocking him, Hudson was the guy who usually knew who was blitzing on the defense and helped Carr immensely calling out the protection.

Carr balled out though in that 2nd half though, I've said it for a few years now that his football IQ is one of the best among QBs. He usually makes the right audible if he sees the defense lined up in a certain way.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 09-14-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Not having Hudson at center is a huge reason for his early struggles tonight. Can't count how many times a Baltimore player put pressure on Carr with nobody blocking him, Hudson was the guy who usually knew who was blitzing on the defense and helped Carr immensely calling out the protection.

Carr balled out though in that 2nd half though, I've said it for a few years now that his football IQ is one of the best among QBs. He usually makes the right audible if he sees the defense lined up in a certain way.
    No ritchie incognito either. We went younger at center to help out the run game but for sure its a downgrade. I still root for Carr alot of people wanted to move on from him but we just need a receiver to step up his best season was when we had Crabtree and Cooper