Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I dont know whos your god

Michael Jordan is a baseball God. Period.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LLL3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    God doesn’t exist. Cope.
    I agree. God would never curse anyone with this hair

Quote Originally Posted by LLL3 View Post
    I agree. God would never curse anyone with this hair

Yep true.

No nba player is God and never has been.

Jordan was black Jesus...

Apart from that, I guess the next highest is a self proclaimed king that's always giving up his castle to the enemy and running to another castle

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    So planets were created by HUMANS?

You are a ****in idiot.
    Lol what?

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AussieSteve View Post
    The weight of evidence strongly suggests some kind of intelligent creative force behind the universe. You can choose not to acknowledge this, but it's a choice.

In fact atheism is perhaps the least defensible theology when it comes to the fundamental questions of reality.
    There is zero evidence that supports this flawed contention.
    Additionally, if this contention held weight, then you must ask what kind of intelligent creative force is behind the intelligent creative force?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    Additionally, if this contention held weight, then you must ask what kind of intelligent creative force is behind the intelligent creative force?
    That's a logical fallacy, which assumes the intelligent creative force is constrained by the same laws of physics as its creation. Ie everything that is had a beginning and everything that had a beginning had a cause.

The universe isn't just constrained by these laws. These laws are part of the fabric of the universe. So anything that exists outside the universe is not constrained by the same laws.

For example, time began at the big bang. This is the standard cosmological understanding of space-time. So, if something exists outside the universe, not only did it not necessarily have a cause, it can't have had a cause. It must be eternal because time didn't exist and so causality didn't exist.

imagine being deluded enough to think you know whether there is a god or not

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    imagine being deluded enough to think you know whether there is a god or not
    There's more than enough evidence available to come to a "beyond reasonable doubt" level of knowledge.

Also claiming that we cannot know whether there is a god or not is a self refuting statement, because it professes to know something about the god we can't know anything about. Ie whether or not the god would make itself knowable.

There's more than enough evidence available to come to a "beyond reasonable doubt" level of knowledge.

Also claiming that we cannot know whether there is a god or not is a self refuting statement, because it professes to know something about the god we can't know anything about. Ie whether or not the god would make itself knowable.
    Sure. Okay, let's see your evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    you’re talking about an infinite regress and the same exact concept can apply to anyone who ascribes to the Big Bang theory as well.. atheists still can’t even answer what came before the Big Bang, or even explain the nature of consciousness or life itself through purely materialistic terms, that probably means there’s something more to life than just your senses

you can remain ignorant and dogmatic in science though and ignore the world around you

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Sure. Okay, let's see your evidence.
    We all have the same set of facts. We just choose to interpret them differently, based on our world view. The question you need to ask yourself is: if you were presented with "beyond reasonable doubt" evidence, would you believe it? If not, then your lack of belief is not evidence or logic based, but volitional.

I'll offer example. The most obvious one. We know beyond reasonable doubt that the universe had a beginning. Do you believe that a) it began without a cause? b) it is somehow self causing? c) an unobservable multi-verse exists that gives rise to universes like ours, through an undiscoverable mechanism? or d) a creator/god was the cause? The first 2 are easily refutable, the third requires further explanation and is untestable, even in principle. The forth requires no further explanation. It is an explanation. And it is testable in principle; if not experimentally, certainly by logical examination.

There are plenty more examples like this. The existence and complexity of life. The existence of the human mind (as opposed to just the brain). Morality. The laws of logic. In fact the existence of logic itself. I could go on... You can pose hypotheticals about all of these and the Occam's Razor answer in each case is God. You invariably violate logic and/or observation in attempting to provide non-theistic explanations for any of these.

Do yourself a favour, sallow your pride and be open to the answers that arise naturally from these questions, rather than being closed minded to them.

That's a logical fallacy, which assumes the intelligent creative force is constrained by the same laws of physics as its creation. Ie everything that is had a beginning and everything that had a beginning had a cause.

The universe isn't just constrained by these laws. These laws are part of the fabric of the universe. So anything that exists outside the universe is not constrained by the same laws.

For example, time began at the big bang. This is the standard cosmological understanding of space-time. So, if something exists outside the universe, not only did it not necessarily have a cause, it can't have had a cause. It must be eternal because time didn't exist and so causality didn't exist.
    That's a logical fallacy, you assume the same laws of physics were in place during the formation of the universe as they are now. There is no evidence of this. You don’t know, and I don’t know.
    Our knowledge of the universe is in the infancy stage at this time. Rudimentary at best. As is our knowledge of quantum mechanics and forces at the sub atomic level.
    We only discovered that there were other galaxies less than 100 years ago.
    To make any absolute claims about the origin of the universe is inane. To claim that ancient, desert dwelling nomads had it figured out three millenniums is just silly.
    Last edited by Chick Stern; 08-14-2021 at 11:09 PM.

It's ironic, because mankind's refusal to acknowledge the enormous weight of (often blindingly obvious) evidence for God is actually preempted by God, according to the three major theistic religions of the world.

It's ironic, because mankind's refusal to acknowledge the enormous weight of (often blindingly obvious) evidence for God is actually preempted by God, according to the three major theistic religions of the world.
    He asked you for evidence, and you presented none. You stated “the universe had a beginning”. After that, you go into guessing.
    It’s the equivalent of ‘lightning is evidence of Zeus’ anger’. It is the exact same level of evidence.
    You might as well just say