NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default tell me defense isn't important

I will give an example of how important it really is...

Bryon Forbes played for the Spurs for four years, and last year he became a free agent , and went to Milwaukee.
    He lite it up shooting an un-godly high 40% 's from the 3 point line... Teams feared him when he touched the ball.
    BUT
    when he was in the playoffs - in particular against the Nets - immediately the Nets went after him on the defensive side and smoked him.
    He was basically benched by Coach Bud for the rest of the series including the championship finals.
    He went into free agency --- would you not want to play for the team you played for that just won a ring ????

He went back to the no-name spurs,, on a 2.5 mill contract.

Tell me defense doesn't matter .........

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: tell me defense isn't important

ummm ok?

forbes is actually a bum on both ends. He takes really stupid, untimely shots that kill momentum. You act like Forbes is Curry. "teams feared him when he touched the ball" hahahahah yeah right

Local High School Star

Who the hell is out there stating defense isn't important? If they seriously think that, they are morons and their opinions do not deserve to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I will give an example of how important it really is...

Bryon Forbes played for the Spurs for four years, and last year he became a free agent , and went to Milwaukee.
    He lite it up shooting an un-godly high 40% 's from the 3 point line... Teams feared him when he touched the ball.
    BUT
    when he was in the playoffs - in particular against the Nets - immediately the Nets went after him on the defensive side and smoked him.
    He was basically benched by Coach Bud for the rest of the series including the championship finals.
    He went into free agency --- would you not want to play for the team you played for that just won a ring ????

He went back to the no-name spurs,, on a 2.5 mill contract.

Tell me defense doesn't matter .........